Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=5946&start_row=11

Ancestors Roots History

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 29
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: RAS NATE Sent: 1/14/2015 10:44:44 AM

Yes,but what if one has not found the person with whom one wishes to have children,should one just have them with any willing man/woman even if they are not the right person to share children with simply because one's belief is that it's a great sin not to have children?
How about all the prophets who didn't have children like Elijah,Elisha and Jeremiah,have they greatly sinned against JAH just by having no children?

I am not saying it's better or good not to have children and I agree with the ancestors part.But in some cases ones may have relationships with different men/women but not see any of them as the one to have children with.I see it as a mans right to not have children in such a case not just if JAH strikes him.
Also for some people it's a great sin to have children because they raise them in wickedness or abuse them therefore it would be better for these people not to have children.

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 1/14/2015 12:56:53 PM

Survival is important for I. I already have children, but if I didn't have children and I was getting older and thought that it is now or never, I would lower I standards and mate with somebody that may not be ideal, to ensure I survival.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 1/14/2015 12:59:06 PM

That's real

Messenger: JAH Child Sent: 1/14/2015 1:30:26 PM

Blessed love Righteous Ones of Iration
Ras Nate, Iwombman think this is an interesting topic the I brought forward.
Not only in terms of man, but also wombman, I&I Igree that humans should be allowed to choose whether or not to procreate.
I have seen for a long time that some people are steppin too dirty for raising Idrens. However, I also realEyes that one of those people could be my biological father, and yet, I give thANKHs for Iwombman life through those early circumstances. Sometimes the people who shouldn't raise children are the ones who wind up pregnant the most, and maybe that is where people like I step in to help where their time, skills or overstanding is lacking. With all RASpect to families and recognEyesing that no family is flawless, that is where child educators step in to fill the gaps.
Still tho King, if I&I say that ones have a "right to choose", ones n ones have to think about what is the best way to truly CHOOSE whether or not to procreate. Enough people, RasTa man n wombman too, think that there is some "birth control" or contraceptive that would ensure their "right to choose" but ones must realEyes that this is not the way. Haha not to get all middle school here, but abstinence from sex is the only way to ensure that a person not procreate. This includes rape, and so in this world today it seems that no one has the "right to choose" on this topic.
Finally I wanna say that all babies are blessed, regardless how dirty the parent's trod, So let all procreation be blessed. More love to the babies alllllways haha "JAH child".

Messenger: RAS NATE Sent: 1/14/2015 2:24:11 PM

I see what the I mean Ark I.
But I guess the lowering of standards also has it's limits.
I doubt that if the I was getting older and it would be now or never,and the only option to have a child would be to have it from a wicked woman who is irresponsible and will beat and abuse the child,the I would still choose to do it.
There are also many cases where someone gets one child and the child suffers and dies without having children.

So this is a complicated topic.As I have Iself witnessed several cases where people abuse their children and raise them to be wicked,I will not take back that it's better for some people not to have children at all .

Great post Empress.The I overs what I'm pointing out.Except for the final part,I agree that all babies are blessed in themselves,but we know very well that many babies in the world are not so blessed because of their circumstances and parents.They may still make it out of the dirt of their parents when grown up if their parents were trodding dirty yet had some sort of responsibility still.However in some cases we must agree it's too much to call the babies blessed.

Blessed to all
RasTafarI

Messenger: JAH Child Sent: 1/14/2015 3:09:12 PM

Well reasoned Iyah.
When I said "all babies are blessed" I shoulda said "all babies are SACRED BEINGS". That is more the idea of what I was going for Haha.
Yes I, Iwombman realeye that the shituation is not good for too many of the lil ones; that is why I focus on the calling to care for those babies.
But Seems that I&I sIght same on this one still..
LOVE Anbesa.

Messenger: RAS NATE Sent: 1/14/2015 3:19:52 PM

Yes I.Give thanks.

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 1/14/2015 9:06:24 PM

It would be rare for a person to be in a situation that the only choices of women around them are truly wicked, like the kind of women the I describes. If there are none around a person, they always have the choice to go elsewhere.

Messenger: RAS NATE Sent: 1/14/2015 10:04:30 PM

This is not necessarily a rare situation.
A person may be able to go elsewhere but it is not guaranteed that they will find someone there who will be ready to live with them and have children with them and still be the fitting person.Notice I said the only option,not the only kind of women around.Like if someone only knows such a woman as I described who is willing to have children with them,and the other women one knows either are married or whatever.The person may go somewhere else to find someone but they will not necessarily find the fitting person.
But even if this is rare,these situations still occur where some people just can't find anyone and if they do the other person is either not willing to have children or something else doesn't match.So I point is that there are certain situations where a man/wombman don't have children,not because they are physically unable,and still it's no sin.I see a situation where two people are living together for a long time are growing older and are happy with each other but still not willing to have children because of their career or some other excuses as something completely different and perhaps indeed sinful.In other situations however I would not be quick to judge someone as a great sinner just because they have no children.

Ises

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 1/14/2015 10:23:10 PM

I didn't say a great sinner, I said a great sin, there is a difference.

First you are talking about a wicked women that would abuse children, and then about a fitting person. Is it really realistic for a person to travel from place to place and in every single place he goes to year after year, the only women he can find that are willing to have children with him are wicked women who would abuse his children. If you live in a place that causes you to think that this is possible, then you need to leave from that place right away, it is no place for RasTafarI people.

I Trod is Life, and to Iself, going away from that is a serious sin. People don't have to agree with that, but I must promote Life. It has been too many Generations of Life for I to Sight otherwise.

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 29

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I