Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=5945&start_row=1

Psychology

1 - 1011 - 19
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: empress latrice Sent: 1/6/2015 11:39:20 AM

Blessings in the name of the most high HIM

I am currently going through orientation as a nursing assistant to get licensed as a CNA at a mental health institution. We were taught a lesson on mental health issues and illnesses yesterday. The instructor said that people who think that food is poison are schizophrenia, which makes no type of sense to me. What I've gained from the lesson is that basically majority therapists etc thinks that people who think differently have a mental illness or disorder and automatically prescribes them medications, which some leads to hallucinations delusions etc then the people get institutionalized.

I read online somewhere (don't know how true) about how they now have a cure for HIV. They would have a cure now that Ebola is out there. Mon pere said that's how the system is set up, the drug ccompanies have to keep people sick to gain profit. I'm off subject. I just want people to reason with that are on the same over standing as I am, and not judge or look at me for being considered crazy

Messenger: JAH Child Sent: 1/6/2015 2:45:59 PM

Yes Goddess
Iwombman sIght up what the I is saying.
Haha sistren the I is not crazy, nor schizophrenic. GMO is poison. People who try to CONvince otherwise are on an agenda!
Psychology is interesting for sure, but I agree with the I, not everything needs to be labeled as a disorder or treated with mediSins.
One love Impress! Honor to the King and babies too =)

Messenger: Sister Sent: 1/6/2015 3:57:42 PM

Haile Bless Empress Latrice.
I am sure that the I is intending to make a living as a nurse (CNA?) as a rightful career choice. Some of I family are nurses and is it a self-sacrificing role and one of the most ‘human’. But, personally, I view is that I could not align I knowledge and wisdom to the profession of psychiatric nurse in particular, no matter the need of the raw material (the patients), it would be too far out of line to do that. Psychology is another matter, but nurse are not paid to practice in psychology as far as I know?
What I&I father says is true.

Messenger: empress latrice Sent: 1/6/2015 4:49:12 PM

Ha yes it's all tricks @jahchild

Sister: I don't intend on making it a full career, just until I finish school. I'mccurrently in school to become an optometrist, thinking about ophthalmology. I am working on the nursing home side, so we aren't really dealing with the mental health patients. I'm assuming the psychology portion was just explaining how the patients are here. I'm only looking to get my license and transfer to a hospital within six months. Lol it's just something to get my license in because I know places hire cna quickly even out of state if I intend to move

Messenger: Black heart Sent: 1/6/2015 9:13:12 PM

Ises sista Latrice. Its an honah to have health proffetionals like de I in de movement. Almighty brought de I purposefuly to help reinforce de army of de Most I with iledge & help solve health problems faced by ones & ones. Stand firm sista, de global Rasta community needs people like u fo ones & ones to consult on health issues. One Black Love

Messenger: VoodooRuutz Sent: 1/6/2015 9:28:09 PM

Bless It Up FaTrue!^

Messenger: Sister Sent: 1/6/2015 11:17:51 PM

Yes, Haile Selassie & Empress Menen's youngest daughter Tsehai trained as a paediatric nurse at Great Ormond Street, His Majesty founded a hospital in her name.
There is a difference between what is known as psychology and psychiatry, the latter being more hell-th than care.
Guidance in I&I studies

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 1/7/2015 6:25:17 AM

^^I see whe de I mean about the comparison but knowledge is knowledge its how t is used whe determine its value. Would you think it impossible to have a conscious psychiatrist? If psychiatry is hellish, maybe the penetration and infiltration by a conscious Empress with a holistic mind could be a blessing for InI people whe trapped in that particular shitstem.

If madness ever mad me. Id be glad to see a natty in a position of power in dem institution... Maybe I'd have more of a chance.

Hail up,
give thankhs on the information about His Majesty daughter.
Power.

Royal Latrice, in the US they use DSM or ICD to label people as mad?

Messenger: Sister Sent: 1/7/2015 3:44:43 PM

Give thanks.
I see the I view. Knowledge is knowledge, true, knowledge is empowering and transferable and better balanced with wisdom but science is not necessarily finite or complete, or immune from cultural ideology, politics and so on. A ‘scientific fact’ doesn’t always remain the same in time, place or context. As for how it is used, all good as long as it is for forwarding healing, liberation, not perpetuating sufferation.
I see what the I say about a safe haven in a dangerous institution. A Dr Suman Fernando turned down an OBE because of the institutionalised racism in mental health – though how can an institution be racist, is it the law, the staff, the diagnosis or what that need changing? He was in a position to comment and influence, not Ras though and to I a conscious psychiatrist is a contradiction in terms unless they changed career. Still paid by the government to uphold the status quo and promote prolonged drug use over cure. I see you linking it to having a natty mindset in all places would be a good thing, but I cant see Ras doing this any more than Ras in the police force. The Haile Selassie Peace Foundation worked with the police in Handsworth, out on the street and in prisons, but, they wore their own uniform, they did not arrest people.
Guidance always.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 1/7/2015 4:19:44 PM

i would be more surprised if there wasn't rasta in all dem profession too. Government jobs such as healthcare, all have more autonomy than maybe you give credit... Now how they choose to use it is a next thing. Blessed love to all conscious ones in the shitsystem with skill and craft to beat the system same way and use it for our benefit. Rasta lawyer doctor nurse government....... Reasoning with ones is an upliftment from their perspective. Rasta run the world

Oh but still a Rasta working for a government run job in an African country or island is a little different to working for the government of white supremacy. I forget where you coming from.....

Haile

1 - 1011 - 19

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I