Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=5935&start_row=11

BIRTHS

1 - 1011 - 2021
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: JAH Child Sent: 1/6/2015 2:55:33 PM

Bless Most I JAH Sister!
Give thanks for the personal Ixperience
Haha and what I guess is sarcasm!
Yes GA King, greatly necessary to make that distinction, true. The I say "outside of Hollywood" tho and I hope the I realEyes that this is a further spread issue than that. These wombman in USA have elective c section so much, my sis says in some states as high as 50%. The film "The Business of Being Born" is a popular one to address the issue. Yes I as the Sistren mentioned Ina May Gaskin is an Elder and a leader in the natural birth movement in the USA. The film "Birth Story" shows how Ina May got into midwifery. Also some footage in that film of a mama birthing her son in the water, beautiful, she talks to him as he is coming out, "come on baby, I can see your hands, you're coming out baby," the mama says calmly as he is under the water looking up at her!! Amazing, give Isis Iyah.
Love most Haile.

Messenger: JAH Child Sent: 1/6/2015 3:08:33 PM

Revise that 50% statement:
That includes elective and emergency (and the non emergency situations that the doctor convinces are emergency too).
Iylah.

Messenger: Sister Sent: 1/6/2015 3:35:28 PM

All love Sis JahChild. I was reading yesterday on a paediatrician called Francoise Dolto, she states that babies are capable of understanding speech far earlier than usually thought and even intuit what is going on around them from the womb. Word Sound Power! Small but still being conscious beings. To I it makes sense, they learn through every sense about the life they have come to and in line with that it makes sense, to I, to make birth the most natural and welcoming introduction possible, blessing the new life.

Messenger: JAH Child Sent: 5/15/2022 9:44:25 PM

Re-reading this reasoning =)
Give thankhs to I Sister and Brother Garvey!

Wonder if the I thoughts have evolved since then Garveys Africa?

And Sister we havent seen the I around but make an appearance!

I have seen still more evidence that home births and birthing in alternative positions (not laying on a bed with legs up in the air) is effective. My same sister I mentioned had a client who went through a 10 day home labor and delivery, and her baby ended up to weigh 10 pounds. Super impressive!

I don't think I would go that far, though.
Having lost pregnancies (in early term, not in childbirth) now at this point I can say I am probably more cautious than I was those years ago when we first had that reasoning.. just a more cautious sense in general because now the fragility of the life of that child is more realized.
I do want to have an unmedicated birth, or only using herbs and natural medicines anyway. Water birth or yogic birth in general. If I can. But at this point I can say I will opt for the birthing center that is across the street from the main hospital rather than at home. Just in case.

I still have absolutely no desire to consume a placenta haha!

More Life
Yes I

Messenger: IPXninja Sent: 5/16/2022 10:30:45 AM

Out of my 2 biological children, the oldest was a waterbirth at a hospital. The youngest was a homebirth.

I wouldn't recommend these for first-time mothers. The first time, for most people, is the hardest with the most possible complications.

Messenger: JAH Child Sent: 5/16/2022 11:37:05 PM

Seen bredren! Give thankhs and more Life
Maybe I am confused, the way the I stated that second part. But if a woman is having a child for the first time, what better option could there be than a water birth at a hospital? That seems like the best of both worlds? Or was the I saying the home birth is not the best option for a first time?

Messenger: IPXninja Sent: 5/18/2022 9:15:39 AM

Being in a hospital environment is much safer for the first time. After that I think most women should be fine doing it at home. And yes, I do think that a water birth at a hospital is the best of both worlds. Also, some gentle romantic/sexual stimulation is good too.

Our original plan with the home birth was to have an inflatable pool but it kind of happened too fast for that tbh. And we didn't even have a midwife which is also good to have at all times, hospital or not. I think sometimes we forget that we didn't always have hospitals and all births weren't in sterile environments. There could be pros and cons to that as well. But since the life and health of the mother should be paramount, and since prior to hospitals too many women actually died in childbirth, hospitals are definitely the way to go for the first baby.

One thing I will definitely say is, that pregnant women should invest in a really good mattress protector. After the birth, I could have volunteered to do the commercial for our mattress protector brand because that thing was destroyed but it did not let a drop of blood go through to the mattress. I'm still amazed by that lol.

Messenger: Black Christ Salvation Sent: 5/19/2022 6:30:28 AM

MUS AFI READ THIS REASONING SOON SOON WHEN T.I.M.E. ALLOWS

BLESSED L.O.V.E. ALL WAYS ALL DAYS 2 ONE & ALL
AH SUH DE TING SET

DADA EMMANUEL EVERLIVETH!!! R7

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 5/20/2022 4:56:20 PM

According to the American college of Obstetrics, 2.5 percent of American births ate elective c section by maternal request. The other sections are due to medical reasons or because they have had previous sections.
Hollywood
Im sure this number is one of the higher percentages in the world. Generally across the world Obstetricians are disencoouraged to do so purely by maternal request

Give thanks I I

Messenger: JAH Child Sent: 5/21/2022 1:15:05 PM

Yes Iyah Black Christ Salvation more Love more Oneness

Garvey Iyah give thankhs.. still tho does the I think possibility could be that "medically necessitated" could be stretched to fit situations that are not absolutely necessary.
For example if you are laboring in a hospital, once 24 hours has passed after the water breaking, they consider it necessary because of a higher risk of infection. Well, infection rate is also higher because they keep sticking their hands up there. So the hospital birth + the frequent and more than necessary cervix checks + over 24 hours after waters break = cesarian. But in a home birth and less frequent checks they would not consider it necessary and I have so many stories of how labors can last over 24 hours after waters breaking, and everyone is fine. Yes the risks are higher but there are also risks with an abdominal surgery such as a cesarian and I know this because I have complications from abdominal surgery!
Also v-bac is possible in a lot of cases so the "previous cesarian" reason is not always necessary either.
Point being... I dont believe that 2.5% number is true..

Yet I can say my views on cesarian have changed. In the past I would have seen it as a personal failure not to have a vaginal delivery. I guess in past times I would have been more urgent to go for a home birth and now I just aim for the most peaceful and natural experience I can have while bringing that child safely into the world. Even if a c section ends up to be that. Yes I do still aim for unmedicated birth in a birthing center with a midwife but I will be across the street from the main hospital...

IPX Haha bredren the mattress protector made me laugh but seriously though I'll take a recommendation!

Sistas chime in... birth stories or suggestions? Or wishes?

More Life

1 - 1011 - 2021

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I