Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=5933&start_row=1

Sacred Iments

1 - 1011
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: littleshrub Sent: 12/28/2014 2:08:24 PM

blessed love and everlasting life I, Do any of InI Sistren or Brethren Ise any particular garments? ILion have long for sought out to natural essence in I clothing, yet have found it difficult in I area to find Ital and fair robes, tams, shawls, shoes, any of the sort. Is there any source the I choose over another?

I would be grateful for any reasoning, LoveI

Selassie I

Messenger: Black heart Sent: 12/29/2014 5:07:17 AM

What de I realy mean by ital robes? Why stress about about clothing when u do have something to cover yo body? Rmember ital livity is ancient natural livity so to overs & feel it ones haffe reconnect with mama nature & most ancient Black man. Ancient Black man is I & I ancestors who dwell ina Africa bfore de eating of flesh & materialism bgun. Ina ancient Africa I ancient Black man neva worry about no materrial to wear. I ancient Black man was free from any clothing material ideology. Bless I

Messenger: Ras Raza Sent: 12/29/2014 1:24:32 PM

I think he meant as natural as possible self-made clothing, which I man personally prefer over patented clothing.

Messenger: littleshrub Sent: 12/29/2014 2:47:59 PM

Black heart I much love and blessing, I came as not of a worry but as open to a more natural possibility in InI clothing, more to support our livity and the love given to express these Iments, blessed ras rasa the I is correct

Selassie I

Messenger: Black heart Sent: 12/29/2014 3:27:11 PM

Maybe Idem haffe first mention what is unnatural about regular clothing & how ones can avoid de unnatural things in clothing. De fact dat u make a piece of clothing yoself doesn't necessarily mean it is more natural than de one made by others fo u. So brothers what is realy wrong with regular clotibng?

Messenger: JAH Child Sent: 12/30/2014 12:01:19 PM

Blessed reasoning I's. Give thanks and RASpect for bringing forward this Ital topic.
Iwombman Igree with what the Black Heart says, natural Incient Livity Ites for Iwombman. I would go nude and barefoot if that was an option in this Iwah.
However since I would be either sexually misconstrued or arrested for the nudity, and since the weather gets a little chilly sometimes, and for convenience of the protection I suppose, I do wear shoes and very modest clothing in this Iwah!
It is often on Iwombman mind, how to choose ecofriendly and natural options for these things. And how to make sure that the money I spend on these things will go to support something I sUPport, and not a random babylonian company.
For shoes I try to make them from recycled parts of other shoes, from natural materials like jute rope and hemp rope, or I rarely may purchase a pair that is made to standards that suit I: natural vegan materials, fair trade, handmade, recycled materials, hopefully some combination of those aspects. Finding shoes that fit those standards is tough, which is why I usually make them.
For clothing I have tried over the years to replace items I already have with more Ital options. I dont go throwing out things that I still use, but if an item becomes worn out or it is finished, I try to find a natural replacement with organic vegan materials, natural dyes, fair trade, African-made, handmade, or I buy the materials and I sew it Iself. I sew skirts and dashikis, have not yet tried to sew pants. I admit I am not a master seamstress but the garments are suitable for I. Haha more practice =) When I find that an item is not suitable for use anymore, I put it in the bin of fabric and use it later to make recycled clothing, sew a quilt, a soft baby toy, or some other craft project from the material.
I hope these tips help the I Little Herbs and I welcome any tips on how to be more Ital in clothing options!
Bless up. One Life and One Love.

Messenger: jessep86 Sent: 1/3/2015 9:08:02 PM

Hemp , linen and 100% cotten and other natural clothing carry and have better vibration and conduct energy better than artificial materials

Need to grow own food and make own clothing for sure, a self sufficient culture indipendent of Babylon....

Take action

Rastafari Lives

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 1/4/2015 5:18:27 AM

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 1/4/2015 5:23:59 AM

But these forms of clothing are usually purchased online and are usually not cheap. Thus not being an option for many brethren and sistren.

Jesse you make your own? From your own crop of sativa?

Messenger: Black heart Sent: 1/4/2015 7:42:15 AM

Bro Jessep86. which are de artificial material? How do u identify clothing made from the natural & artificial material? what are de disadvantages of wearing artificial materia? Dats de liberative massage Idem should have brought foward instead of suggestions dat cannot be afforded by many Africans. One Black Love still

1 - 1011

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I