Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=593&start_row=1

It's Fashionable to be...........................

1 - 7
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Ras Sistren Khamyl Sent: 2/8/2005 6:07:59 AM

Ever notice how many youth are wearing what they perceive to be "rasta" wear? Ever ask them what they know about it?

This is an opportunity to educate. LIVE UP!

Messenger: Ras ElIjah Sent: 2/8/2005 9:11:14 AM

Yes, I see these sights, I also wear "rasta" wear, shirt with Bob Marley on em, and also I have another shirt picturing Selassie I, Enoch and Garvey I acquired from my fellow brethren after he bought it. I try to educate people of my age, many fiends who know I personally listen but im not sure everyone else does.

Ras ElIjah

Messenger: NineMile2004 Sent: 2/8/2005 9:28:51 AM

Nevertheless, I think it is great to see some interest in these youths. It brings about a great chance to "educate". I know I started in a similar way some 15 years ago.

Much Love

Bergy

Messenger: the rock Sent: 2/8/2005 10:18:40 AM

live up

Messenger: empress1 Sent: 2/8/2005 4:03:20 PM

Yes InI have to agree with brother 9mile; It does appear that it for some is just a fashion statement, but there has to be some sort of a fascination or interest for them to jus a put on dem frock. In a time where it seems that vanity has polluted the minds of our youths for some to wear the "rasta gear" is to InI showing some type of resistance even if they dont fully understand. Remember the search for knowledge has to start somewhere.
Give thanks and praises.

Messenger: iyahroots Sent: 2/8/2005 6:20:59 PM

I am also pleased to see the youths interested in Rasta products. The power of colors are very significant to the spiritual world. Hense the red, green, and gold has a magnetic force that does more than we may think.

My company supplies Ras Tafarian products and our reason for doing so is simply. We have to provide what we want our youths to be a part of.

Jah bless and guide. iyahroots.com

Messenger: Ras ElIjah Sent: 2/8/2005 8:58:18 PM

Thanks & Praises for iyahroots.com I shall be buying from their, keep your sales going while I round up some cash.

Ras ElIjah

1 - 7

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I