Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=5924&start_row=11

CRISS-MUSS?

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 26
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 12/26/2014 12:12:42 PM

They could have at least aligned it to the Ethiopian 'Christ-Mass' date seeing as its being promoted as an Ethiopian thing....

But i won't get started......

Free event still, big up all BoBo

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 12/31/2014 4:03:21 AM

Messenger: Sister Sent: 1/6/2015 11:36:52 PM

Happy Old Christ-Mass?

"Most Orthodox traditions, including the Russian and Greek Orthodox and Ethiopian and Egyptian Coptic churches, celebrate the Christmas holiday on Jan. 6 and 7. These dates are known as “Old Christmas Day” because of its original designation as the day of Jesus’ birth by the first Christian Roman emperor, Constantine in 325 A.D., according to the Jerusalem Post. After Pope Gregory XIII switched the earlier Julian Calendar to the new date system in 1582, which became known as the Gregorian Calendar, the Catholic church moved its Christmas celebrations 13 days ahead to Dec. 25, a shift that was not adopted by much of the Eastern Church, which never recognized the primacy of the pope"

http://www.ibtimes.com/orthodox-christmas-2015-russian-greek-other-eastern-churches-begin-celebrations-1774896

Messenger: Black heart Sent: 1/23/2015 12:58:40 AM

Ina ancient Africa deh was no christimas so I man no celebrate christimus fo it realy is a beastimus. I don't celebrate no birth of any savior. I Christ is widin I, born with I, in I. I look to no man fo Christ but I. I man know stil dat some may agu dat de whole christimas bissness started ina Africa , goin on tellin abt Ethopian christimas, Jews & Jesus bein African, but I man seh It wasn't realy christimas dat I & I was celebratin but I & I were celebratin de first harvest of de new year.

Messenger: Black heart Sent: 1/23/2015 1:26:31 AM

De beastimus or christimess iwa nealy de iwa when ina Africa I & I start to get de first ital harvest of de new year. Mind u de year starts around September of Gregory. Mama nature is de one dat tell I & I when new year comes ina Ancient Africa not Gregory. So when I & I were Ilebrating de first ital harvest ina Africa which is I black culture & religion Babylon might have copied dat culture & twisted it to reiforce dem white wash, to blind-fold de Black man with white ideology. Free up Africa.

Messenger: Black heart Sent: 1/23/2015 1:54:15 AM

It is Black man culture & religion to Ilebrate harvest of ital while it is white ideology to celebrate christimas, de christ ideology is not Black but white religion. I & I ina ancient Africa just worship, giv thanks & ises to Almighty fo ital harvest. I & I knew dat do good is I & I way of worshiping Almighty fo irie ital harvest. When Ilebrating ital I & I would have plentiful of wide viriety of ital dishes fo an a big ital feast. Back to Africa, Back to Almighty

Messenger: reasoningtime Sent: 6/23/2015 9:58:57 PM

christmas to me is the 23th of july. babylon christmas is nonexistent. if you deal with christmas in december you deal with wickedness.

Messenger: VoodooRuutz Sent: 6/24/2015 10:12:02 AM

Astro honoring day just all dem other religious holidays, and even July 23 which is the beginning of LEO zodiac

Not sure but does the Ethiopian

Messenger: reasoningtime Sent: 6/24/2015 11:46:25 AM

yeah. to me its christmas because its HIS birthday.

Messenger: VoodooRuutz Sent: 6/24/2015 9:28:05 PM

Using the ETHIOPIAN calender, does HIM birthday fall on the Gregorian 23July every year?

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 26

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I