Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=5924&start_row=21

CRISS-MUSS?

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 26
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: reasoningtime Sent: 6/25/2015 3:46:41 AM

for me christmas is the 23th of july
i dont deal with babylon christmas and i will tell you why
they dont care about the birth of a holy little boy
its all about money and the presents you can buy
you have to buy your children a whole heap of toys
then they put up the price, its gone sky-high
richmans christmas is the poor mans sly
christmas time the rich are laughing and the poor man a cry

macka b, eternal dreadlocks (1986)

still true. he also has a good tune called "christmas cancelled".

dont know about the calender thing. i know HIS earthstrong is still celebrated. it wasnt my intention to declare something like a true rasta christmas holiday. i dont want to use the 23th of july to deal with orange juice instead of cocktails, a tofu turkey and a rasta clause in red, gold and green, seen. but seriously.

there is just no christmas for me. i keep rasta holidays holy by special prayers and playing some count ossie tunes.

Messenger: ras.asher.tafari.israel Sent: 6/30/2015 1:09:06 AM

Thus saith JAH, Learn not the way of the heathen, and be not dismayed at the signs of heaven; for the heathen are dismayed at them.
For the customs of the people are vain: for one cutteth a tree out of the forest, the work of the hands of the workman, with the axe.
They deck it with silver and with gold; they fasten it with nails and with hammers that it move not. JER 10:2-4

Messenger: VoodooRuutz Sent: 6/30/2015 6:56:29 AM

U have to read the rest of the chapter in context, that verse is in reference to CARVINGS "the work of the workmans hand" making items of worship NOT christmas trees

Messenger: reasoningtime Sent: 6/30/2015 8:47:28 AM

but surprisingly jeremiah includes a message against some easter traditions of today. if the bible was "invetend" by pagans, they really wanted to turn christians away from pagan traditions. to me its not right anyways.

"the children gather wood, and the fathers kindle the fire, and the women knead their dough, to make cakes to the queen of heaven, and to pour out drink offerings unto other gods, that they may provoke me to anger."

jeremiah 7, 18

Messenger: ras.asher.tafari.israel Sent: 6/30/2015 11:26:12 AM

Christmas is day to worship the birth of christ so if u think about it they are worshiping...and anything a man makes with his hands is a carving...anything

Messenger: reasoningtime Sent: 6/30/2015 2:55:13 PM

thats right. i think the ones who sit at home and worship love for humanity arent the one who are making the mistakes.

in my view its just questionable to mix it with pagan symbols and we cant trust the system anyways. its all about the money to the big bosses. its like case with the ones jesus chased out of the temple because they tried to sell all kind of stuff in front of the temple.

babylon christmas is not right. but its good to see people come together on christmas. but too many people are crying, hurt, drunk, rubbed, poisened by food,cheated, left alone, in prison or missing over christmas.

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 26

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I