Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=5901&start_row=1

Origin of Christs and Messiahs

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 45
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Bobobinghi Jahcub Sent: 11/22/2014 7:59:40 AM

When InI observe the world of people it is clear to see that many have their own Christ,their own Messiah and/or their own higher power in the form of a man,woman or personified animal etc.I'm curious where this idealogy originated,who was the first christ? And why did man first need to have a Christ and for example stop raising himself/herself up as a the Highest?

Messenger: MELCHEZIDEK Sent: 11/22/2014 9:40:10 AM

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

He came unto his own, and his own received him not.

Messenger: JAH Child Sent: 11/22/2014 9:42:03 AM

Blessed love Iyah JAH cub and Iyah Melchezidek!
Iwombman will copy & paste something that I shared with an Idren in an email, in Ixplanation of I views on the words haMossiyach, Messiah, Christ, so on. and also how His Imperial Majesty is haMassiyach:

The first thing that I&I must overstand about the words
"ה;ַ;מ;ּ;ָ;ש;ׁ;ִ;י;ח;ַ;, haMassiach, Moshiyach, Messiah, Christ," is that the
original meaning and idea of all these words is of "an anointed one
who does the will of the Almighty". There are multiple people
throughout the books of the Old Testament (such as Cyrus, David, and Saul) who receive the title of
haMashiyach (this word is translated in English to say anointed one,
although the meaning of the word Messiah is exactly the same, and in Hebrew this word ה;ַ;מ;ּ;ָ;ש;ׁ;ִ;י;ח;ַ; is used). There
never was, until the Nicaean Counsel in 325AD, a CONcept of ONE
MESSIAH in one human body in one space of time being THE ONLY MESSIAH
of all time, or a CONcept of the Messiah being the only person who is
ONE with JAH (or Yhwh or El Elyon or whatever the I calls THE I AM).
There also had never, in all the historical occurrences of this title
being given, been an indication that haMashiyach was a savior for all
mankind.......
So now let I&I take account of some events surrounding His
Imperial Majesty and Her Imperial Highness' Coronation on November 2,
"His Imperial Majesty is anointed on the head, brow, and shoulders
with seven differently scented ointments of ancient prescription."
(http://rastaites.com/HIM/coronation.html)
This is in following with the Levitical instructions for anointing
priests, found in many places in the Torah, but one early reference in
Exodus 30:23-38; especially noting the word "anoint" (mashach in
Hebrew) which I&I have already linked with the idea of "a Messiah"
(haMashiyach).
This event alone, the anointing of His Majesty in accordance with
Torah, literally proves that Haile Selassie I is haMashiach.
Blessed thanks.

Iwombman hope this helps the I BoboBinghi to see how Iwombman sIght it!
Another side note: I have heard rumor that His Imperial Majesty had huge revelations of Iritual knowledge upon the first anointing as a baby. I am not sure if the Itiopian Church is using the Incient recipe of anointing oil, which includes Canabosm / cannabis, but I&I could see how being anointed in cannabis and other herbal oil could be a very Iritual Ixperience!
Give thanks and Ises for bringing forward this reasoning I Idren!
Love and Inity.

Messenger: MELCHEZIDEK Sent: 11/22/2014 10:01:58 AM

the Emperor Haile Selassie still obeyed and served his Lord Jesus Christ

Messenger: MELCHEZIDEK Sent: 11/22/2014 10:06:46 AM

once an elda in rastafari told i we have to accept the Emperor's Lord, if we want to be worthy of accepting the Emperor King of Kings Lord of Lords coz its titles made worthy through the Revelation of Jesus Christ

Messenger: MELCHEZIDEK Sent: 11/22/2014 10:22:49 AM

2 Corinthians 6:16
And what agreement has the temple of God with idols? for you are the temple of the living God; as God has said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.

Messenger: VoodooRuutz Sent: 11/22/2014 11:46:23 AM

Yet Jesus supposedly obeyed Moses commands he supposedly received from the mountain fire god of the Medianites, so y not just go back to Moses or better back to Medianites traditions since it was dem wha introduce Moses to dis god of fire dat lived on a mountain top!

Man never needed a messiah or savior as no messiah or savior has saved man from mans reality!

Jesus didn't save Jerusalem from being conquered and destroyed by the Romans!

Dem wha follow d Torah "STILL WAITING" for dey messiah 2500 yrs or more
Dem wha Follow Christ "STILL WAITING" for dey messiah to return 1700-2000 yrs
!!!KEEP A WAITIN!!!

Man better save herself, she is his own savior

A book "16" Saviors before Christ, "SIXTEEN" + Christ = "17" and look at d state of mankind 17 Saviors and bukoo suffering all over d world, looka Africa! So, "WHO" has saved SAVED man???

Messenger: Black heart Sent: 11/22/2014 2:31:13 PM

Jesusn n de devil are one in dem works of deceipt. Jesus is de slave driver so Jesus is not de Christ but de anti-Christ. I seh him is de anti-christ fo him is used as an image of anti black redemtion. Rise Black people. de christ n messiah is whithin. White religion came with de ideology of worshiping another man as Christ. Ina ancient Africa I n I had to rely from de Christ widin fo I n I salvation. De only sky savior fo I sun, moon n stars which is de manifestation of fire. Fire is Christ

Messenger: zion mountain Sent: 11/22/2014 2:44:38 PM

VDR n BlackHeart you got hotta fyah.
Christ isnt a surname of jesus,Christ is a way of living,anyone who is one with this way is a Christ.

I dnt knw how Rasta can be confused in this jesus ting,now them bring it pon H.I.M.

Nuff Rasta inna religion now worshiping H.I.M and its now a stumbling block for di movemant,since these same relygious man hev doctrine n dogma and dem fight each other over it

E.g.Bobo n binghi fight over di covering and uncovering of one's head.

dats folly

Messenger: Black heart Sent: 11/22/2014 11:26:31 PM

De white man ideology of Christ in Jesus promotes inequality n descrimination. Now dat nuff Rastas still not free from white ideology dem still bow to Jesus under de disguise of HIM name. It takes complete freeman to real-eye dat de Christ i widin. De power of de trinity is widin I n I all. So mek I n I look pon I n I sefls fo I n I idemption. No specific man is de Almighty. Iquality n justice is de habitation of de throne of Amighty creator so I n I all is Christ n God. Oneness is Almighty

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 45

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I