Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=5875&start_row=1

Predestination

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 27
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: jessep86 Sent: 11/7/2014 3:10:06 AM

Greetings Brethren and Sistren, share with I views and under/overstanding on this topic of predestination. Is life and events predestined, how much do we rule our destiny? Surly we are given free will but to what limits, and did I choose Rastafari and Ital or did it choose me cue JAH predestined it? Prophecy is just a sneak peak at what is predestined is it not?

Please share wisdom knowledge oveestanding on predestination or even burn it, but I feel certain things are pre destined and we can go with it or resist flowing with it and suffer for it. That is to say as it is above so it is below and to align is JAHS Will cuz all that happens on earth first happens in the heavens within us and all creation INI JAH Kingdom Glory and Power

???

Messenger: VoodooRuutz Sent: 11/7/2014 7:01:34 AM

Yes I, I would prophecy is predestination from "scriptural" stance or else to god speaking can be made out to b a false prophet.

Maybe we jus think we have free will with our lower understanding of our reality

When nature calls one must go

Messenger: RAS NATE Sent: 11/7/2014 9:23:36 AM

"It is only when man becomes master of his fate - able to determine his destiny - that he can be free from fears and inferiority. Such an individual or a nation stands respected by all."
-Haile I Selassie I

Every man got the right to decide his own destiny.
Though I agree,there are certainly things that are predestined.Things happen according to JAH plan.But HE has also given InI freedom to choose what we wanna be and what we want to do.And at the same time revealed to those with ears to hear that what you sow is what you shall reap.

I think it's somewhere in between "the future is written" and "the future is unwritten"

RAS TAFAR I

Messenger: JAH Child Sent: 11/7/2014 10:24:47 AM

Blessed love Kings. Give thanks for the powerfull words of His Imperial Majesty! Ase.

Messenger: Bobobinghi Jahcub Sent: 11/7/2014 11:53:31 AM

I don't think things are predetermined,I think ones confuse themselves into thinking so.Everything has a cause whether known or unknown. If something good happens to certain people its automatically a predetermined blessing/miracle/etc.Predetermined is like if Iman go think of something then go and do it.Predetermined is when I advance from a teenager to a man hair will start to grow hair on I face or if a sistren's chest arises as she becomes a wombman.I can either be 'influenced' from I own works or somebody else's works, whether intentional or not.There is cycles, there is pathways which can be taken but to I the way things pan out in life is more of a mixture between choice,power,environment and knowledge.Not predetermination.

Messenger: jessep86 Sent: 11/7/2014 6:29:10 PM

Thanks for the Response Idren ,
God grant I the serenity to accept the things I cannot change; courage to change the things I can; and wisdom to know the difference.

Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will direct your paths.

True nature is callin , let your heart be silently drawn to the stronger pull of what you really love. That's predestined...

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 11/7/2014 9:43:26 PM

---------------------
Free Will vs. Destiny

Everything is the will of Jah, except for one thing, our mind(meaning what we think). Jah has given us the power to choose, because this was the power man and woman wanted from the time of our days in the Garden of Eden.

So we have the choice to be with Jah, or work against Jah. RasTafarI is always there to guide us in the path of harmony if we choose to listen. But Jah has given us the choice to make our own path, whatever path it is.

So I see life as a combination of the consequences of the choices we make and the will of Jah.

Jah has the power and strength to intervene and cause things to happen. Jah can help those that want and ask for Jah help and Jah can stop those that need to be stopped.

But in general, Jah gives us our choice and the world reacts to these actions.

And I think that Jah granted us our desire of choice for a good reason. For now RasTafarI will see who will remain with Jah when given the choice and who will go away. And also, who will return to Jah again.

It is much better to have a son that stays with you, not because he has no other choice, but because this is what he wants. Then Jah will know who is truly One with Jah.

The world is full of actions and reactions. If you see fire and touch it, you will get burned. It is not that we are punished by Jah for touching the fire. It is that fire has a certain structure, and we have a certain structure. And when fire comes in contact with us, our flesh is damaged.

This is how I see the world as a whole. It has a certain structure, and we have to know how to harmonize with it, or we will recieve the reactions to our actions. For example, the reactions we receive as a result of our destruction of our environment.

I see Jah as the One who can show us how to get through and harmonize. To be our rudder so that the waves don't overtake us. Jah made creation to work and harmonize as One, just as he made our own bodies to work and harmonize as One. And in the same way that we can destroy our body if we don't use our parts for the benefit of our body, we can destroy some of creation and ourselves by not living as One with creation.
---------------------

Messenger: Bobobinghi Jahcub Sent: 11/8/2014 6:50:44 AM

If Jah has the power to intervene and cause things to happen why does Jah let people and good,innocent people suffer at the hands of other people?

It depends what/who the I attatches to the word Jah to, but Iman don't know how can Jah can have a will,many ones will say jah will is this and jah will is that because each one views jah differently.If one doesn't pursue their own desires once they are just, then isn't that living out of oneself.To I the only person I could follow is a person that makes me overstand Iself better.

Messenger: VoodooRuutz Sent: 11/8/2014 10:17:50 AM

True Iyah Bobo

"Thru out history it has been tha inaction of those who coulda acted, the indifference of those who shoulda known better, the silence of the voice of justice when it mattered most that has made it possible for evil to triumph!
If JAH coulda intervene and didn't and allowed evil to triumph then one can't or shouldn't attach the term "JAH" with the speaker of that statement, IMO because the one the speaker of words of this type woulda/should step in and help stop evil from succeeding.

Messenger: jessep86 Sent: 11/8/2014 12:17:41 PM

JAH works in mysterious ways,
If the Most High is in I , guiding and protecting.
If JAH dwells in I , I in I, its the right choice to work
With JAH, to speak with JAH, to walk with JAH, to think with JAH
and jus to be with JAH, can not live with JAH and evil, JAH sweeps in the pure in heart... if ya temple is the dwelling place of JAH then no evil has a place in I, Babylon has no part in IandI-
For what I love, I long to fill my heart, not darkness but light, Haile Selassie I fill I with your divine light

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 27

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I