Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=587&start_row=1

Thoughts on Kebra Nagast

1 - 1011 - 13
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Ras ElIjah Sent: 2/4/2005 12:45:48 PM

42. Concerning the Ten Commandments

"no god that is like what is in the heavens above"

These words would make I doubt Emmanuel I, for he say he from the heaven's above.

"[I am He] Who visiteth the sin of the father on the children to the third and fourth generation of those who hate Me, and I perform mercy to a thousand (or, ten thousand) generations of those who love Me and keep My commandments."

Would this be more proof of Selassie I's divinty?

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Babylon requires you to take a oath of God, that requires you to do as they say, but God has showed us light.

"Thou shalt not swear a false oath in the Name of the Lord thy God, for the Lord will not hold innocent the man who sweareth a false oath in His Name."

In this next passage, I beleive Jah show us not to work for Babylon.

"For in six days God made the heavens and the earth, and the sea and all that is in them, and rested on the seventh day, and because of this God blessed the seventh day and declared it free [from work]."

114. Concerning the return of ZION

"And ENOCH and ELIAS shall come, being alive, so that they may testify, and MOSES and AARON from the dead shall live with everyone. And they shall open the things that fetter (fetter means "chain or shackle") her (i.e., ZION), and they shall make to be seen the JEWS, the crucifiers, and they shall punish them and chide(chide means "scold midly to correct or improve") them because of all that they have done in perverting the Word of God. And the JEWS shall see what He wrote for them with His hand-the Words of His Commandment, and the manna(manna means "a food provided with out expecting") wherewith He fed them without toil [on their part], and the measure thereof; the GÔMÔR, and the spiritual ZION, which came down for their salvation, and the rod of AARON, which blossomed after the manner of MARY."

Could this be the prediction of the Holocaust on the Jewish majority in Europe?

Iyah sit days reading the Kebra Nagast looking for knowledge and possible prophicies, I would like others to reason with I.

Ras ElIjah

Messenger: Ras Sistren Khamyl Sent: 2/5/2005 10:03:16 AM

This makes me revisit my Kebra Nagast on my nightshelf!

Messenger: Ras ElIjah Sent: 2/9/2005 7:21:45 AM

I beleive the Kebra Nagast holds many answers to many questions, Kebra Nagast need further reading.

Ras ElIjah

Messenger: CanuckRasta Sent: 2/11/2005 7:11:04 PM

I have just started reading this glorious book and I believe I have gained much wisdom already.

CanuckRasta

Messenger: Doctor Binghi Sent: 2/11/2005 7:20:38 PM

Blessed Love, Idren
Personally, I see the Kebra Nagast as another book robbed by Vatican council and others wishing, for whatever reason, to supress the whole truth. There is a lot of truth out there, not hidden, but lost in confusion and distortion. The Bible, The Koran, The Kebra Nagast ---just a handfull. Other books I personally would like to read would be The Fetha Nagast, The Key of Solomon, and The Book of Enoch -to mention a few. People think the Key of Solomon (for example) is for witchcraft and things. I disagree --why is this information there? Why have these books survived through time? There must be something there. Just as The Bible is a compilation of writings, there must be many more of these writings, and what the Catholics see as "heretical" also contains truth. Absolute truth is on a much bigger scale, maybe beyond human understanding. Personally, as a Ras, I think of us as the "truth-seekers", seen? The Word is the Word, the Law is the Law, these books are valuable guides, but thousands of years of history can not just be readily available for us... we must search it out. Satan is also waging his war of trickery and deception.
---Just my humble opinion --Bless
Selassie I

Messenger: BIGA FIRE Sent: 2/13/2005 4:35:00 PM

yes brethren greetings in the name of jah rastafari king selassie i the earth need people like you as teachers in the schools they dont make the youths pray in school much less studing the kebra nagast they dont prepare the children for the coming of the king but they use them for building there shitstem,is only ini and the i who show the youths the turth in this time this iis no ges we itinually show the youths the truth; many ones run from the truth reality ...

Messenger: BIGA FIRE Sent: 2/13/2005 4:45:31 PM

yes brethren, greetings in the name of jah rastafari king selassie i the earth need people like you as teachers in the schools, they dont make the youths pray in school much less study the kebra nagast; they dont prepare the children for the coming of the king, but they use them for building of there shitstem,is only ini and the i who show the youths the turth in this time, this is no ges; we itinually must show the youths the truth about their history&culture africa and the graetest king ever trod the earth; many ones run from this truth but when they sight jah rastafari coming in all his glory they will beat them selves and say if we had only listen to sizzla capelton bob marley burninig spear bunny wailer and alot more we would'nt have gotten into this[]. reality ...
jah live stay strong
biga fire

Messenger: BIGA FIRE Sent: 2/13/2005 4:46:12 PM

yes brethren, greetings in the name of jah rastafari king selassie i the earth need people like you as teachers in the schools, they dont make the youths pray in school much less study the kebra nagast; they dont prepare the children for the coming of the king, but they use them for building of there shitstem,is only ini and the i who show the youths the turth in this time, this is no ges; we itinually must show the youths the truth about their history&culture africa and the graetest king ever trod the earth; many ones run from this truth but when they sight jah rastafari coming in all his glory they will beat them selves and say if we had only listen to sizzla capelton bob marley burninig spear bunny wailer and alot more we would'nt have gotten into this[]. reality ...
jah live stay strong
biga fire

Messenger: SisMenenI Sent: 2/13/2005 10:10:46 PM

InI give thanks for the wisemind of InI Father Haile I Sellassie I in knowing all things and showing InI to glory in the Bible. As Rastafari, InI know there is much greater than this christianity that has much of humanity worshipping a dead god. InI know there are truths that cannot be told in any writing but must reveal out of meditation; wisemind, knowledge and overstanding.
Some Iritual food:

And Jesus answered: "Seek not the law in your scriptures, for the law is life, whereas the scripture is dead. I tell you truly, Moses received not his laws from God in writing, but through the living word. The law is living word of living God to living prophets for living men. In everything that is life is the law written. You find it in the grass, in the tree, in the river, in the mountain, in the birds of heaven, in the fishes of the sea; but seek it chiefly in yourselves. For I tell you truly, all living things are nearer to God than the scripture which is without life. God so made life and all living things that they might by the everlasting word teach the laws of the true God to man. God wrote not the laws in the pages of books, but in your heart and in your spirit. They are in your breath, your blood, your bone; in your flesh, your bowels, your eyes, your ears, and in every little part of your body. They are present in the air, in the water, in the earth, in the plants, in the sunbeams, in the depths and in the heights. They all speak to you that you may understand the tongue and the will of the living God. But you shut your eyes that you may not see, and you shut your ears that you may not hear. I tell you truly, that the scripture is the work of man, but life and all its hosts are the word of our God. Wherefore do you not listen to the words of God which are written in His works? And wherefore do you study the dead scriptures which are the work of the hands of men?"
"How may we read the laws of God elsewhere than in the scriptures? Where are they written? Read them to us from there where you see them, for we know nothing else but the scriptures which we have inherited from our forefathers. Tell us the laws of which you speak, that hearing them we may be healed and justified."
Jesus said: "You do not understand the words of life, because you are in death. Darkness darkens your eyes and your ears are stopped with deafness. For I tell you, it profits you not at all that you pore over dead scriptures if by your deeds you deny him who has given you the scriptures. I tell you truly, God and his laws are not in that which you do. They are not in gluttony and in wine-bibbing, neither in riotous living, nor in lustfullness, nor in seeking after riches, nor yet in hatred of your enemies. For all these things are far from the true God and from his angels..."

Messenger: SisMenenI Sent: 2/13/2005 10:11:04 PM

..."And your true brothers are all those who do the will of your Heavenly Father and of your Earthly mother, and not your brothers by blood. I tell you truly, that your true brothers in the will of the Heavenly Father and of the Earthly mother will love you a thousand times more than your brothers by blood. For since the days of Cain and Abel, when brothers by blood transgressed the will of God, there is no true brotherhood by blood. And brothers do unto brothers as do strangers. Therefore, I say to you, love your true brothers in the will of God a thousand times more than your brothers by blood.
FOR YOUR HEAVENLY FATHER IS LOVE.
FOR YOUR EARTHLY MOTHER IS LOVE.
FOR THE SON OF MAN IS LOVE.

"It is by love that the Heavenly father and the Earthly mother and the son of Man becom one. For the spirit of the son of man was created from the spirit of the Heavenly father, and his body from teh body of the Earthly mother. Become, therefore, perfect as the spirit of your Heavenly Father and the body of your Earthly mother are perfect. ...
And then shall the sons of men like true brothers give love one to another, the love which they received from their Heavenly Father and Earthly Mother; and they shall all become comforters one of another. And then shall disappear from the earth all evil and all sorrow, and there shall be love and joy upon earth. And then shall the earth be like the heavens, and the kingdom of God shall come..."

THE ESSENE GOSPEL OF PEACE

1 - 1011 - 13

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I