Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=5861&start_row=1

Where in the Bible does is say Christ will come back in 2000 years?

1 - 1011 - 19
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: RasIndi Sent: 10/15/2014 10:34:08 AM

Hi brethren,
I am looking for this information but I cannot find it anywhere. Can any I help?
Does it say anywhere in the Bible 'within 2000 years'?
Thanks!
Indi

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 10/15/2014 2:46:30 PM

"The Bible tells of many events that will occur before the Second Coming and which will be signs that the end is near. There will be wars, famines, earthquakes, false prophets, persecutions, and an increase in wickedness. The temple at Jerusalem would be destroyed. (The temple was in fact destroyed by the Romans in 70 A.D - BEFORE the NT verses were ever written or found. Convenient? See 'Cesar's Messiah')

Most importantly re: second coming:

"Truly I say to you, this generation will not pass away until all things take place. Heaven and earth will pass away......
Luke 21:32-33"

THIS GENERATION

That generation done dead & gone from long time. And nuttn. False prophecy. Why are we still reading?

Come out de Bible Iah
FreeUP

Messenger: zion mountain Sent: 10/15/2014 2:49:56 PM

How can a none existing man return???frm where to where???

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 10/15/2014 2:56:28 PM

http://www.caesarsmessiah.com/

This latest ground-breaking work in Christian scholarship reveals a new and revolutionary understanding of the origin of Christianity, explaining what is the New Testament, who is the real Jesus, and how Christ's second coming already occurred. The book Caesar's Messiah shows that Jesus was the invention of the Roman Imperial Court. Their purpose: to offer a vision of a “peaceful Messiah” who would serve as an alternative to the revolutionary leaders who were rocking first-century Israel and threatening Rome. This discovery is based on the parallels found between the Gospels and the works of the historian Josephus, which occur IN SEQUENCE.

Some readers will find this analysis disorienting. Joseph Atwill, author of Caesar's Messiah, says, “My book is in no way a criticism of the faith of contemporary Christians. I felt required to present my findings because of the light they shed on the origin and purpose both of anti-Semitism and the way that governments use propaganda to control their subjects.”

“Challenging and provocative! If what Joseph Atwill is saying is only partially true, we are looking into the abyss.”
— Robert Eisenman,
Professor of Middle East Religions and Archaeology, California State University,
and author of James the Brother of Jesus

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 10/15/2014 3:04:39 PM

And what you mean specifically about Christ? Who is Christ.

You know I am Christ?

Really

Rastafari a Christ. InI Christ. Christ literally means annointed one/ separated. Check the Greek etymology. There have been many annointed Iahs inna Istory. Many hola ones. Many redeemers. Many many many many.........

Fire on a 'second' coming.

Messenger: zion mountain Sent: 10/15/2014 3:13:49 PM

What is the purpose or destiny of the One fully awakened to di Consciousness,if I may ask,Iyah G.A

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 10/15/2014 3:15:34 PM

You think there is a ''fully' awakened to the consciousness' outside of the example of Jah Rastafari Haile Selassie I? I don't sight a end to de awakening. The destiny done map out from Marcus. What is de purpose? BLACK IFRICAN FREEDOM AND REDEMPTION!!! BLACK REPARATIONS!!! EQUAL EARTH RIGHTS AND JUSTICE!!! FOLLOWED BY PEACE AND MORE LOVE!! I MAN KNOW I SELF AND LOVE I NATION I NATION HAVE TO FULLTIME LOVE AND KNOW DEMSELVES!! Nah stop chant til Kingdom Come with white pearly gates to all babylon; which must fall.

As a Rasta in a 12 tribe meeting once told we, 'there's MUCH work to be done'

The I know all dis already.
Whe kinda question man ask?

Lol, Big Up

Messenger: zion mountain Sent: 10/15/2014 3:35:04 PM

Iol...I see

Messenger: VoodooRuutz Sent: 10/15/2014 7:26:34 PM

We beseech you (James), persuade all the people who are coming for the Passover Festival conversing Jesus, for we all have confidence in you. For WE and ALL the people testify to you that you are The Just One and not a respecter of persons. Therefore, persuade the people not to be Led Astray concerning Jesus, for we and all the people must obey you.

We beseech you (James), restrain the people, since they are being led Astray regarding Jesus, As If he were the Christ.

Taken from 'James the Brother of Jesus' by Robert Eisenman quoting Hegesippus!

Burn JC burn bible!

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 10/15/2014 11:24:04 PM

Ras Indi, the bible doesn't say Christ will return after 2000 years.

Idren, please show some respect to people who still deal with the bible, that is still part of RasTafarI Trod, whether the I them like it or not. At least have enough respect to let them ask their questions and get answers, instead of filling up the thread with your reasons to leave the bible.

If the I them want to tell him the reasons to leave the bible, I would prefer that the I make a new post with or without the Idrens name in the title and say what the I wants to say. Teaching people to look to the ways of their ancestors is a good thing, and I Iverstand that some will choose to leave the bible behind, and that is fine. Many people and nations were forced into it, as my ancestors were forced, so I can't blame people for wanting to discard it. As long as the Trod is Righteousness, it is the way of God.

Regarding Luke 21, when it says this generation will not pass away, it is talking about the generation that sees all the signs that Christ is speaking about, not the generation he was speaking to.

1 - 1011 - 19

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I