Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=5861&start_row=11

Where in the Bible does is say Christ will come back in 2000 years?

1 - 1011 - 19
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Ras Raza Sent: 10/16/2014 1:48:53 PM

^
that interpretation about Luke 21:32-33 makes fruitful sense unto Iman.

And I do have a question for whoever wants to answer it:

Ivery Ras knows that His Majesty Haile Selassie I was speaking about Christ publicly with different people in different Iwa's.
What are the I's thoughts and interpretations on HIM Tafari Makonnen and His holy words that he shared about Jesus Christ, Iyesus Kristos or whatever you want to call the "anointed one"?

Messenger: VoodooRuutz Sent: 10/16/2014 4:04:18 PM

Well I like Garvey's Africa sight dem things as written AFTER they occurred, but I sight as pertaining to d atrocities dat fell upon Jerusalem 70 AD and things that happened after that!

HIM on Jesus, I sight HIM as one who did HIM best to do what was best according to what HIM thought was best and that based on HIM upbringing.
I say HIM spoke on Jesus the way HIM did because how and what he was taught about Jesus and HIM ancestry and HIM HIMstory!

Bless!

Messenger: Ras Raza Sent: 10/16/2014 4:11:54 PM

Give thanks for the sweet enlightenment for it is good Nyah. The I is very right, His Majesty's ancestry and HIM's history has alot to do with the way He spoke about Christ.

Messenger: Raybob Sent: 10/17/2014 12:53:32 PM

The whole idea of 2000 years came from was from babylon's 'interpretations' of the bible. Before knowing the truth of RasTafari, I was very much into babylon's teachings being musician on 'the platform' until InI studied the matter. Had to leave the churches but continued personal study and found Ras Tafari.

Before the year 2000, a big 'prophecy' of the white man's churches was that Jesus would return the year 2000, because that would complete a 'week' of 1000 year periods. THeir theory was based on 4000 years from creation until 1st coming, +2000 years, then +1000 years as a supposed future "1000 year reign". 4000+2000+1000 = 7000.

IMO, there are more than one 'return of the Lord' references in the bible. The 'second' coming was when He established the Kingdom of God within men at pentecost (Acts 2; Joel 2:28-29). A 'third' coming would refer to Rastafari as the "King od Kings, Lord of Lords, Conquering Lion of Judah". A 'fourth' coming would refer to a future time when the Lord Jah comes in judgment and this earth melts with fervent heat, elements dissolve, as we get a new heaven and new earth after this one passes away.

Interestingly enough though, the blood moon tetrad that we are currently in that has only happened 7 times before since Kristos walked on earth, and will happen again during 2032-2033. That will be around 2000 years from the cross (33AD). Major events have happened during the past blood moon tetrads, like 1967 (Bob Marley saw Rastafari on his visit to Jamacia, also Israel got Jerusalem). Like 1949, just after Israel became a nation. Tetrad prior to that one was 1493, back when Columbus sailed and the slave trade began.

Messenger: RasIndi Sent: 10/17/2014 2:40:36 PM

Ok, so as I overstand, there is no mention of 2000 years in the Bible.

And to those of the Is who reject the divinity of the Lord Jesus Christ, I want to quote His Imperial Majesty:

"It is quite true that there is no perfection in humanity. From time to time we make mistakes, we do commit sins but even as we do that, deep in Our hearts as Christains we know we have forgivness from the Almighty. He taught Us all who seek Him shall Find Him. To live in this Healthy Life, a Christain Life, is what makes Me follow Jesus Christ."

source: http://www.rastafarispeaks.com/cgi-bin/forum/archive1/config.pl?md=read;id=47396

Praise JAH!
Indi

Messenger: zion mountain Sent: 10/17/2014 3:00:18 PM

What are the I's thoughts and
interpretations on HIM Tafari
Makonnen and His holy words that
he shared about Jesus Christ,
Iyesus Kristos or whatever you want
to call the "anointed one"?

First of all,I would say,H.I.M is no superman,di man a natural man i.e HIM had HIM own personal views as a human.

Secondly,H.I.M always answered according to di situation,so as not to create conflict which wouldnt be necessary for di forwarding of Jah works.

H.I.M was interviewed about 25th December beastmas,with all the knowledge HIM got,di Man never critikally raspond,do you think HIM never knew dat it was a beastmas?

H.I.M knew Himself,and HIM mission was to Inite all people under ONE banner,regardless of religion,colour,race or creed,so to be too religious philosophist wouldnt be necessary for di mission.

Also note,Ithiopia was now a Christian sovereign State,we could sight Lij Iyasu wouldnt ascend di throne ca him convert Muslim,thus State and Church rule combine.

HIM then was throned by a Christian church and dem crowned defender of di Faith,so yu wudnt expect HIM to be anti Jesus or anti Bible

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 10/17/2014 6:31:31 PM

His Majesty chose to ignore his catholic teacher from childhood and arose to the Throne at a time when the 200 different ethnicities and cultures in Ethiopia we're heavily split. Whole heap of disunity. He chose to rise to the Head of a movement which declares HIM a descendant of the line of Solomon, not a cursed hamite, but a blessed descendant of Christ. With no influence from Euro-Roman Christianity, and a direct LINK (and not thievery) from Egypt. He choose Ethiopian Orthodoxy to Inite Jah people and sight the Importance of the Incient Istory.

And Hail Tafari for dat.

Jah point we in the right direction. We are no longer lost Ithiopians, we have knowledge of self, and access to a different kind of information. The truth shall be revealed onto the babes and suckling. Longtime we deh. Forward and gone past, accurately. Most of you would agree that certain Bible concepts are NOT original to the Bible. IF we h ave the means and the power then why wouldn't we rise up and decide for ourselves how to interpret and reinterpret our African original forms of spirituality. Not the AD 1st century interpretations: Was Solomon a real person? Where is the evidence? Lets stop looking to the same bible which has been GIVEN, and look for our selves into our own Royal lineage if thats what the intentions are. Still unsure on Solomon..... only Ethiopian folklaw we come up with and we don't use Roman sources. But we find out about King ORI. The CANDACES, the Axumite Kings. This is but one example of finding a higher realms of reality and of our African self, going PAST de Bible. Maybe the people in 1930 didn't have access to dem knowledge deh like today. Nah go stuck on one point. Nah go let others tamper with and interpret I Istory for I.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 10/17/2014 6:32:07 PM

And bigup the Orthodoxy. Even if dey don't declare HIM as de ALLmighty; dem a de only form of Christians who can get a (half) Bli

Messenger: VoodooRuutz Sent: 10/17/2014 7:51:02 PM

We know one a d biggest carry over spiritualities from Ifrica is d IFA Yoruba in it many Diaspora forms and also d most popular adopted in its Modern Yoruba form and yah ones 'Head' spiritual destiny or Devine self is 'ORI' and personifications of the powers or dieties is 'ORI'sha and when we search Ithiopi pass bible we the 'ORI' at d head of the nation!

Then we sight RAs 'head of an army' and looking pass bible sight up RA' at d head

Rasta, look pass bible we have 'house of Rastua' gateway to d Duat

Same with Negus Negast and the Naga Godmen

1 - 1011 - 19

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I