Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=5860&start_row=11

New to RasTafarI

1 - 1011 - 19
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: JAH Child Sent: 10/27/2014 11:48:25 PM

Yes Sistren. That is what the I's were asking.

Messenger: empress latrice Sent: 10/30/2014 8:34:33 AM

I reside in the US in MS

Messenger: VoodooRuutz Sent: 10/30/2014 9:58:27 AM

Northern or southern MS?

Messenger: empress latrice Sent: 11/1/2014 9:03:09 AM

Southern unfortunately

Messenger: VoodooRuutz Sent: 11/1/2014 9:54:52 AM

Y unfortunately?

Messenger: empress latrice Sent: 11/2/2014 4:16:10 AM

Because staying in the south, people always talk bad. There aren't any decent jobs. I can't support I self financially while getting an education. I want to learn how to create RasTa accessories

Messenger: VoodooRuutz Sent: 11/2/2014 6:58:37 AM

Wha u mean say 'people talk Bad', the dialect or negativity?

I was watching a video called 'The left behind' (I think) but was about shituation like dat where they were saying some place had no stores within say 8 miles and jobs even further out, dis one brother say he made 6 dollars a day on his jobs digging ditches!!
Is dat d kind of shituation in d Empress area???

What kinda education d Empress pursuing?

Has d Queen heard of d 'Last Slaves of MS' where some were still enslaved on cotton plantHATEtions til the 1960's??

Bless'It Love Empress!!

Messenger: empress latrice Sent: 11/2/2014 10:47:16 AM

The dialect and negativity. They say we(they)lack education, because we(they) talk improper, don't use correct words, slang, etc. How we eat everything fried. From my point of view, my peoplelack knowledge of history aand self identification. I had someone ask I a couple of days ago what was Ebola. They eat McDonald's everyday and wonder why they have so many problems with their bodies. I preach daily on social networks about Monsanto, fast foods, etc but people only seem to care about celebrities and money? I stay in the capitol of MS buildings are everywhere. I have not heard of last slaves of MS but I will go try and get information about it. I am studying biology and looking to become an eye doctor one day

Messenger: VoodooRuutz Sent: 11/2/2014 2:16:42 PM

Bless, Itinue forward in d Queen's goals!

Some ones will rise others won't jus a reality,
A shameful shituation tho no dought but it's not jus in d south tho it's far and wide

Now Ima jump a lil and assume d Queen is a Black Queen descendant of capture Africans forced away from they homelands and forced into enslavement?
Africans who spoke 100s of languages and forced to speak english so naturally they didn't speak the language properly and most prolly didn't want to so they would pass that on to d next generation. Speaking a language correctly isn't necessarily tied to deaducaton (and deaducation not to intelligence), I kno many beastly deaducated people who speak in their dialect and high school drop outs that can speak very correctly. It's a situational thing tho, u don't wan speak Dutch to some dat speak Spanish ya dig.
All in all tho if Iman correct in I assumption about d Queen then English isnt InI language tho we speak it but that's thru force. The deviation from standard English structurally and a lot of older "slang" words (not d new street hiphop ones) tho I'm not is due to African retentions tho I not familiar with MS speech to point out some things. Don't let dem make u hate urself for white supremacy thinking! Ibrace what d Incestors kept and passed on as too much was already stripped away!

Oh by the way I come from South Louisiana Bayous

More Guidance n success in I Queen studies, and life and to d young'ins!

1 - 1011 - 19

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I