Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=5812&start_row=11

Little Idrens

1 - 1011 - 17
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Sister Sent: 9/15/2014 3:40:10 PM

Give thanks always. The video was BBC so maybe not available in US, it showed Benjamin Zephaniah talking about the Turner painting called The Slave Ship, depicting the Zong massacre (Zong from the Dutch word ‘zorg’ meaning ‘care’, how sweet).

I went to an Anglican church Sunday school a couple of years ago and couldn’t understand why the children were being taught by rote instead of having the meaning given to them on their level, but I realised that that is it, the teaching of the New Testament to the children is just a doorway, to establish blind acceptance without expanding on their natural capacity to overstand. Children’s natural capacity and acceptance of what is given to them by perceived authorities is exploited, so I support anyone who expands their innate ability to see truth.

Jah Guide

Messenger: JAH Child Sent: 9/16/2014 3:51:35 PM

Ises Empress,
Iwombman know many can relate to the indoctrination in those manners.
Relating to the way the church many times influences a child's mental outlook for life, specifically about the story that Jesus lived about 2014 years ago:
One issue Iwombman have been pondering lately is how to teach children about Istory, about the way years are counted, etc. I have seen that calling the year "2014" can make a young child very confused, because children usually do not learn about the number line or "negative numbers" until middle school. This means that they cannot comprehend counting backwards in BCE times. Even if I&I were to say "year 7500 after the founding of KMT," for example, this would still create confusion in the mind of the child who has not learned to count backwards on the number line, and therefore would find it hard to imagine a time before the founding of KMT, especially imagining that it may be a very, very long time.
Still, without giving numbers to years, how could people make sense of the movement of "time" for scheduling or anniversary remembrances? It would also be hard to approximate the number of years the earth has existed, and explain it in these terms to children - because the "age of the earth" seems to fluctuate as scientists discover new fossils and such...
Maybe the little ones should be taught about cosmological processions, and count the dates and years this way?
Iwombman debate the most effective and accurate way to teach children about the large scale aspects of "time" while opening their exploratory imaginations, little scientist brains, to discover what may have been going on for all those millions of years. What ideas does the Istren have on these topics?
Love and bless-sings I.

Messenger: jessep86 Sent: 9/17/2014 9:44:11 PM

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Calendar_era

In this time....in this movenment...motion is life and time

Time is movement, one earth year is one time around the sun.....13 moon's

Midnite in.his song same 'boat ah we' we in the same boat we: milkyway galexy....in the same boat ah we.....

The earth has its year, and the sun has one too as it roared around the center of the milky way....

One day to Jah is a epoch to earth and man....

The stars were our origional callender, the firmament abouve tells much , like Christ the King was to be born.to the 3 wise men of the east read the star calender......stars are light and light is info and we as a human race have lost connection with things off the earth ball, but balance cones from the greater picture the earth is in and part of , the pyramids were built with this wisdom lost from the masses

Outside of time And space is best place to observe time and space , from above, from the eye if JAH THE ROCK

the bright and morning star ( ChristStar ) Is a star , aka the north star is a star that never mover even when all other constellations move......its like Tue milky way Is following this star as a Sheppard........

Study the earth and stars and see movement, JAHs clock asks who can tell time?
It's a measure of a constant steady movement, but only the still one can see things moving, like a car going 75 down highway seems still if in car next to ir going 75 , but if one observes from side of road standing still its does apear to be moving 75

And it appears we are not moving now ....cus it seems so but, the surface of the earth at the equator moves at a speed of 460 meters per second--or roughly 1,000 miles per hour. We are all moving on one earth one aim one destiny

JAH RASTAFARI BLESS

Messenger: JAH Child Sent: 9/18/2014 10:49:06 AM

Seen Iyah! Give thanks for the reasoning Jesse I. So is the I suggesting that the little Ones should indeed be taught about astrological time as opposed to counting years by number "2013, 2014, etc." ?
Many of the terms Iman used here may be baffling for children - what ideas does Iman have to use these astrological ideas in ways that the little Ones will overstand?

Messenger: Sister Sent: 9/18/2014 4:24:08 PM

Children learn the relativity of time slowly, they spend theirs in the present so anything else is abstract. I asked one what is the most ancient time he knows and his first answer was "When I first got my red coat"... Fair enough. They learn through experiences and gain overstanding of age - being older than a baby, their mother having once been a child, grandparents having had grandparents and take an interest that way. Explaining time through story and relatives makes it more personal than just numbers. Time is a passage, a passing of birth, life, death and everything in between, marked by daylight and starlight, planting and harvest, shedding of innocence and gaining of wisdom. As with many subjects, making it real for them on their own level of overstanding will plant a seed in their imagination for future harvest.
Jah bless.

Messenger: jessep86 Sent: 9/18/2014 11:36:22 PM

Emperor Haile Selassie would visit young children in school, and bring them gifts, one was a watch , he presented to every child and told them " now you can use this to serve your county well"

Get them a watch, teach em the moon cycles and earths seasons..:.

"To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:

"What do workers gain from their toil? I have seen the burden God has laid on the human race. He has made everything beautiful in its time. He has also set eternity in the human heart; yet a no one can fathom what God has done from beginning to end."

Messenger: JAH Child Sent: 9/20/2014 7:29:19 PM

Haile I, give thANKHs for Negusa Nagast.
Empress, Iwombman truly Ivers the little ones and how their minds work. These suggestions are perfect. Haha true true, a little One imagining his mama as a baby is baffling enough.
Still, I feel it should be laid out as truth from beginning, not suddenly revealed to the child in college, just exactly how ancient and essentially timeless the Iniverse really is.
Iwombman will have to think up a creative combo of the two methods =)
Bless up I&I RasTafarI. More & more love.

1 - 1011 - 17

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I