Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=5803&start_row=41

RASTAFARI have to go beyond the bible

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 67
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 12/1/2015 9:07:14 AM

Solomon more interest in planetary observation or running trick on Makeda? Can't tell

Still, de I right about the original way in which Israelites would see things they were obvious influenced by astronomy (or the people they plagiarised from were). But I purposefully dealing with bredda John on the literal fundamentalist level of which he only seems to operate

I know common answer for 'Israelites' is well since Makeda and her sun worshipping were on the maternal side we can ignore it and put a fire under all of that because you are your father seed and not your mother (LoL)

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 12/1/2015 9:16:29 AM

I'm concerned why would Makeda even want to have a child to a none Ethiopian none Kushite none African King of Israel. Whose children would ultimately more further and further away frrom the tradition of the mother. With his black BUT comely mentality

This is what racial miscegenation does

Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 12/1/2015 9:36:34 AM

Seen breddah Garveys. InI just wanted to highlight the fact that astronomy wasn't solely studied by Makeda but also by Solomon and is the foundation of Judaic teaching. A fact many choose to selectively sweep under the rug.

I'm not so sure about there being any misegenation between the two. One, because in that time, the people of Israel and Ethiopia were the same. Also, when Menelik returned after 21 years, before he met his father, folks mistook him for Solomon, and when he did face his father, Solomon exclaimed that he was the spitting image of his father David. I would assume they too looked as Kushite as Menelik. This is just assumptions on my part however.

The irony about Judaism becoming patriarchal "because you are your father seed and not your mother", is that in fact, their tradition demand it can only be passed through the MOTHER'S lineage/bloodline, obviously a reminder of its Kushite matrilineal foundation. Go figure...

Babble on babylon...

Messenger: JAH Child Sent: 12/1/2015 12:43:57 PM

Yes Impress RasGoddess, I inferred the same about Solomon after reading that scene in the Kebra... That mama n papa probably look similar if the son comes out 100% mirror image of papa. True though that is just a guess, as we know sometimes mama n papa different but the baby takes strongly after one or the other.
Blessed Reasoning... Give thankhs for Iverstanding JAH Kings + Queens.
More Truth

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 12/1/2015 2:21:37 PM

Solomon from the start is a king of a mulatto nation. We know he couldn't have been dark skin Kushitic as his women apologise to him for being black. I think people can be born and look like one parent more than another especially if the lighter complexion involved. The Hebrews, if they did exist in ancient kemet could only have been a number of several middle to late kingdom foreign prisoners ('slaves') / invaders which can be identified on the walls today..... As a brown skinned asiatic complexion. this more how Solomon would have looked in my opinion. But nobody can know just like nobody can prove he really did deh outside of imagination

Why does nobody put as much attention on Makeda culture than Solomon culture still iah ask. For the I dem who don't deal in mythology, why do people put so much attention on King Ezanas conversion and not the Root of Ethiopian culture? Luckily the Ethiopians were smart enough to permeate the whole of their adoption of Christianity (they were not the first church established I think that was the Syriac) with the mysteries and rituals of old, of the Aksumite Nile Valley systems which has been deh deh since creation. But I'm saying, let's deal with the root.

Give thanks iahs

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 12/1/2015 2:31:31 PM

Who are Makeda ancestors or lineage? Who is King Ori? The Original. Why does this name now still circulate in African culture such as the Yoruba where it said to represent Man as God.

"Ori (known as Orí in Latin America) is an Orisha and metaphysical concept. Ori, literally meaning "head," refers to one's spiritual intuition and destiny. It is the reflective spark of human consciousness embedded into the human essence, and therefore is often personified as an Orisha in its own right."

We need some new names to reason, yant, and Iditate on

Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 12/1/2015 8:58:11 PM

Garveys, di I's question led me to do a little research into the ancestry of Queen Makeda...

Well...well...well...look what I found! Interesting perspective!

Queen Hatshepsut is Queen Sheba

Velikovsky quotes the Karnak obelisk, in its description is of the famous Egyptian Queen Hatshepsut:

"Thy name reaches as far as the circuit of heaven, the fame of MAKERE (Hatshepsut) encircles the sea"

Makere is clearly the same name as Makeda. Hatshepsut was also referred to as Ma'at-ka-Ra, a name eerily similar to the Ethiopian Makeda or Makere. 'Hat-sheps-ut', means 'Foremost of Noble Women'. 'Hat' can mean 'foremost' but it also means 'Sign', 'Leader' or 'Prophet. It now seems far better to acknowledge this woman was the queen who administered Egypt and Ethiopia. Therefore, 'Hat-sheb-sut' means 'The Sign of the Queen (Law-maker) of the South' (variables; sign, queen, south). The Ethiopians transcribed Hatshepsut's other hieroglyphic title i.e., 'Maatkare' or 'Makare' from Egyptian into the Ethiopian 'Makeda'.

The term "Sheba" or "Saba" refers to the name of the famous Ethiopian royal city at the confluence of the Nile and two other Ethiopian rivers, at the upper reaches of the Nile!

Hatshepsut Makeda

Hatshepsut-Sheba was so awestruck by Solomon's temple that she ordered the construction of a copy specially located in a site (Deir el-Bahari, near Thebes) to reflect the words in Song of Solomon 2:14 (variables; clefts in the rock, secret tunnels, stairs)

The Tanaach's ('Old Testament') Queen Sheba of Ophir (I Kings 9:28 and 10:1) equates with Josephus Flavius' 'Egypt and Ethiopia' and the New Testament's 'Queen of the South'.

Queen Hatshepsut is Queen Makeda

Messenger: VoodooRuutz Sent: 12/1/2015 9:07:49 PM

This is I line of reasoning but still, cnt deny the Ethiopians of their history/traditions.

I think much of the OLDER Old Testament is from Kemet too many parallels not to be, for I that is!

Give Thank!

Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 12/1/2015 10:07:28 PM

Garveys, in reference to di I's BLACKnificient question "WHO IS ORI" InI will start a new thread titled: HAILE SELASSIE: “I AM HE FROM ORI (AUSAR)” so it doesn't get lost in this thread.

Messenger: Black heart Sent: 12/1/2015 10:10:00 PM

As far as I man is concerned there is nothing inspirational about de story of Makeda & Solomon. If de so called queen of Sheba was a true African queen then she was a sell out. I wonder why so many RASTAs are obsesssed by a queen who leaves mamaland to de Arab land to have sex (a one night stand) with a greedy Semite King. I realy can't overs why bible RASTAs are obsessed by Solomon who de bible tells dat he was an alduterous murderor like his father David. I see it as a disgrace to de Africans

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 67

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I