Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=5778&start_row=1

Falling into the ways of Rasta.

1 - 9
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: zion dread Sent: 8/13/2014 3:34:54 AM

Living in a rough part of east los angeles, in a short life I've lived through many hardships from drug addiction, to being homless, never went to high school (not that any high school could teach me anything about living in the real life anyway). Over the years of growing up I've come to notice that America is not my friend. The government is trying to kill us. the USA is not our friends. The teachings of a blond haired blue eyed jesus are false. My country was stolen and built by thieves. Over the years of learning things like this I've started to learn of Emperor Haile Selassie I and his teachings. And through the rough patches in life that I trod through when Im feeling at my lowest points, I feel like Emperor Haile Selassie I and the things I've learned about/still learning about him are trying to make its way into my life. I've come to understand that through all the madness that was going on at the time, HIM wanted peace on earth between all no matter race or color. And the farther and farther I dig into HIM's teachings the more inspired I feel to better myself, not only for I, but for the lives being affected by my actions around me. Im slowly falling into the ways of RasTafari. As I dont want to false claim Rasta and offend the people who have lived as rastas most of their lives. I realize one just cant wake up and decide he wants to be Rasta. And as a person of Mexican descent, I wanted to know if it was even possible for a mexican to be accepted as a member of the RasTafari movement and culture. As I am starting to learn more of the relations between Ethiopia and Mexico as well.

Peace, love, and respect to all.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 8/13/2014 7:09:20 AM

European mexican? Or OG descended from the Aztec Mexican? Mexicans are indigenous too. The European is not. Whether you a rasta or not is up to you but you don't have to 'join' something or be a member, to follow and agree with the many teaxhings. I follow the nazarine vow but I man a NO nazarine. Many people agree with certain things in buddhism or hinduism for example but they dont claim these religions, seen? HIM reveals himself to all people and in different ways but when dealing with your 'redeemer' rastaman echo the words of Mosiah Garvey which is to sight one through your own eyes and which reflects your own identity. Presumably one which encourages a mexican way of living pre-columbus and colonial infiltration and poisoning. Whatever you choose, I would also encourage you follow the many indigenous movements and uprisings across all of America at the moment. Like ISIS. .....
Www.indigenousgovernment.org

Peace
Guidance

Messenger: VoodooRuutz Sent: 8/13/2014 10:06:09 AM

Wanted to ask d same thing out of curiosity cuz I work around bookoo Spanish speaking peoples who are obviously most heavily Euro descended and show little to no Native influence in features. Like they have blonde hair green eyed pale skin Mexicans they say 'look' white. There was a time when a lot of 'Latin'American countries went through a 'whitening' phase where Europeans invited over whiten out natives and Africans. I also watched a clip where many heavily Native Spanish speakers didn't know they were Native they all said they were white when asked their race and Native was a choice but none said native.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 8/13/2014 10:11:31 AM

^^After watching the world cup, and noticing the black presence in almost all of the south american teams EXCEPT Argentina, I came across this..

http://www.ibtimes.com/blackout-how-argentina-eliminated-africans-its-history-conscience-1289381

Which fits in with exactly what you were saying kingman. Some countries went to extra efforts to eliminate the indigenous

Messenger: Black Christ Salvation Sent: 8/13/2014 12:02:48 PM

zion dread:

www.Black-King.net

HOLY EMMANUEL I SELASSIE I JAH RASTAFARI

Messenger: zion dread Sent: 8/13/2014 1:20:22 PM

My roots are aztec.
Thank you for your words.
And if anyone still has any words of advice for me, Im still open and waiting for response. I will continue to make better for myself under the light of RasTafari.

Peace and love to all.

Messenger: VoodooRuutz Sent: 8/13/2014 1:34:08 PM

Yes I, So u do know ur NOT Spanish or his'spanic, Blessed! Quetzalcoatl

Messenger: zion dread Sent: 8/13/2014 2:33:51 PM

I'd never want to put my business out on the internet. But I realize this is a place to come and reason with people all around the world.
But from a young age I was introduced to gang violence, and living in a poor family my father (divorced) did everything he could for us. But he never taught us about my people before us or my culture. My grandfather was the only one who was really down for his culture, other than a few aunts and uncles that live no where near me. But my grandfather died when I was young so I never got to spend much time with him. As I got older my father got more involved with the streets and forgot he had a kid to raise. So along with plenty help from my grandmother, I had to do alot of growing up on my own and made a great deal of mistakes along the way. Religion was never on my agenda. I chose to act like I didnt believe in god, but only the ghosts of my dead family members judging me when I was doing something wrong. Someone told me "You may not believe in a mythical being named "God" but one day you'll go through experiences that will make you understand just who Christ is for yourself." Growing up I chose not to believe anything the bible had to say to me. Because at a young age I realized that the places in this book that the author is telling me about are in Africa. And though I have never sat and read a whole entire bible, everything I was ever told was in sight of the white man. Bob marley said that the bible wasnt edited on behalf of the black man. And if this is so, how can all people as one live by those teachings and think they are true? I can't understand how people read the bible and never bother to stop and think about where these places are, or why they're so ignorant in their ways towards people of different races and cultures. I would never judge people or treat them any differently than any one else because of the things they do or don't believe in. But when these thoughts fill my head, they draw me closer to learning more about Emperor Haile Selassie I and the things that he fought for, not just in Africa but for humanity.

Messenger: JAH Child Sent: 8/14/2014 10:18:35 AM

I&I Zion Dread,
Give thanks and praise for Truth sought after.
Iwombman simply want to say,
Don't "fall into" ways of RasTafarI, but LIVE UP in the mighty and sacred ways of I&I JAH.

Stand and grow taller, and trod each step with careful power, and LIVE UP.

1 - 9

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I