Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=576&start_row=1

Manna, Halucinagenic Mushrooms from Heaven

1 - 1011 - 18
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Dreadnut Sent: 2/1/2005 4:02:44 AM

Now just by the title I'm sure that some of you are wondering what its all about. Well, its simple. Manna, the bread from heaven, is a hallucinagenic mushroom known as the Aminita Mascara. Think I'm nuts?
If any of you are educated in mushroom picking, as far as when to pick and the weather conditions listen to this,

Exodus 16:14- "And when the DEW THAT WAS GONE UP, behold, upon the face o the wilderness there lay a small round thing, as small as the HOARFROST ON THE GROUND."

Numbers 11:9- "And when the dew fell upon the camp IN THE NIGHT, the manna fell upon it."

A 'hoarfrost' is a fungal growth that is just a round dome shaped spot on the ground. So too is the Amanita in its first stage of growth, as other mushrooms are. This tells us also that this growth was "as the hoar frost on the ground" as opposed to hanging on a tree or bush. Its location in "the wilderness" demonstrates it was not cultivated.

For those who don't know, mushrooms grow in the cool dark of the night. The best time to pick these mushrooms is in the morning so it is not out of place to read

Exodus 16:21- "And they gathered it every morning and when the sun waxed hot it melted"

Nothing unusual here either. Mushrooms do not continue to dry when the suns heat and light is own them. When more than what was needed was picked what happens? Lets see

Exodus 16:20 ... some of them left of it until morning and it bred worms and stank

Nothing odd about that because mushroom is only a fungus, and can not sit long with out rotting. So how does Israel presrve these preciuos jewels,

Exodus 16:23-24 ..bake that which ye will bake today and SEETHE WHAT YE SEETHE and it did not stink, nor was there any worm within

Another way of preserving mushrooms is to keep them in honey. Gee, I wonder if this is why the "promised land" is flowing with milk and honey. Seeing as milk is the main ingredient in soma, which i will discuss later.

The idea of being born in the night and the idea of a worm therin to smote it we also find in Jonah. Only in this story it is called a gourd. But as we all know a gourd is not a plant that has a one day life cycle.

Jonah 4:7+10 ... the gourd which came up in a night and perished in a night a worm when the morning rose the next day smote the gourd that it withered

Like the manna Jonah's gourd was attacked by the worm. It was his protecter and producer of joy as it was " a shadow over his head, to deliver him from his grief."

In exodus and numbers we are given an even more important clue to understand this mushrooms botanical identification.

Exodus 16:31 ...and it was like corriander-seed white

Numbers 11:17 And the manna was as corriander seed and the and the color of bdellium.

When the Aminita's first appear they are covered in a universal veil, which is white, like the corriander seed. The corriander is a flower and when the corriander flower blooms it is mostly red and partly white. The amanita too when it is full grown is mostly red and partly white. The white specks being the last part of the universla veil. Bdellium is not a color per se. As a secondary term of the word it means splotted or blotchy. Just like the white patches on the Amanita.

In John 6:31+34 Our fathers did eat the manna in the dessert...give us this bread.

Also,

... thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church, and the gates of hades shall not prevail against it. I will give you the keys to the kingdom. Matt 16:18

Peters name is a play on the semitic pitra, which means mushroom. Here in the western society we are told that Peter meant rock, but that is in the greek translation. The greek word for stone, petra, is a pun on Arabic phutr and Aramaic pitra, meaning mushroom. Also John also ate honey and locust, the semitic word for mushroom, gab'a is a pun on gobay, guba, meaning edible locust!

Give thanks for the good mushroom!

Ras Zion I

Messenger: the rock Sent: 2/1/2005 10:42:21 AM

i have seen something like that in other books.

Messenger: gideon Sent: 2/1/2005 12:08:21 PM

You explained why you think it is mushrooms, and it makes sense. But why do you say hallucinagenic mushrooms? Not all mushrooms have this quality.

Messenger: Dreadnut Sent: 2/1/2005 3:50:32 PM

Because of the description of not only the mushroom itself, it was used to take Jonah away from his grief. The Amanita and cannabis has been with man from the beginning of our existence. The traditions of shaministic ritual is not uncommon in any religion.

Plus

Exodus 16:23-24 ..bake that which ye will bake today and SEETHE WHAT YE SEETHE and it did not stink, nor was there any worm within

Seethe what you seethe? The mind state at the time was that God spoke His word through thunder and then came the rain which produced little erect penis's or what you and I see as a mushroom. Because of this, they called it a Son of God, or also called Son of Thunder.

Because of the corriander seed like blotches we know it was the Amanita. This is the reason why cannabis and mushrooms are illegal, because the Christian church doesn't want anyone to know that divine inspiration was a mushroom. They don't want to admit that herbs is the healing of the nation either.

Also

1st Kings 7:41 The two pillars and the two bowls of the chapiter that were on top of the pillars.

These two bowls were five cubits in heigth which would make them about 17.5 ft high, over the two bowls to cover them was a network with two hundred pomegranites for each chapiter. Thus the bowls upside down would look like the Aminita.

Ras Zion I

Messenger: Eleazar1234 Sent: 12/12/2008 8:17:21 PM

I find this very interesting, I have had several positive experiences on mushrooms and they convinced I of the reality of the spirit world, both good and evil spiritual forces. I definitely felt God's presence, it is very real.

I started to have a bad trip once, I think it was some sort of duppy or demon coming around I, but I put on RastaMan Chant by Bob Marley and looked at pictures of Haile Selassie I. Immediately the evil vibes went away and this feeling of positive glowing energy surrounded I. The positive energy stayed with I for a very long time afterward also, and I started to read the Bible a lot and find out more about RasTafarI

I know many South American tribes use mushrooms for spiritual purposes also.

Then again, I havn't done mushrooms since sophmore year of high school and I know that many Rastas look down on psychedelics, like LSD {Lucifer Son of the Devil}.

For now, I just stick with the Hola Herb.

I have doubts though as to whether the manna from heaven was mushrooms, sounds like some hippy making something up LOL

Messenger: Eleazar1234 Sent: 12/12/2008 8:33:18 PM

I and I would like to share an experiance I and I had with psilocybin mushrooms. In fact, this is the experience that told me that RasTafari is God. I and I ate 4 grams of shrooms, and started to trip. Unfortuantly, I and I started to have a bad trip. I and I started to see demons and monsters and they attacked I. I and I then put on "Rastaman Chant" by Bob Marley and started to look at pictures of Haile Selassie. The demons immediately departed and my trip became positive. As soon as I looked at His Majesty I and I felt a complete calmness and relaxation as compared to my panic and horror that I was feeling just seconds before. This is my mystic experiance that led I to know that Haile Selassie is the LIVING GOD.

I and I opinion on ganja and shrooms is that these are natural substances that open the individual up to the spiritual world. There are both good spirits and bad spirits. So therefore we should always seek the good spirits-which always come from JAH.

SELAM

Messenger: Arkon I Sent: 12/13/2008 7:34:54 AM

Everything created by JAH is for the use of man. That's so simple :)

Also It's very interesting that now I can find out what certainly is food called "manna" or many other things.

Gain Knowledge to know Your Roots !

Messenger: wahdahdah Sent: 12/13/2008 8:46:49 AM

RASTAFARI
It has been said "manna" is a form of spiralina or blue green algea that forms from thin layers of water: which is highly nutritious. in ancient times as well as todaythin pools of water formed from the dew in deserts over night and the algea grows atop of the water. It dies off when the sud hits it and smell like rotten fruit when spoiled by sun light. Now it is cultivated for comercial use as a natural food substance. Why would JAH send the people who needed material food hallucinagenic shrooms. Surely All natural Psycoactive plants have there purpose but I highly doubt when moses people were in the desert hungry every one was eatin' mushrooms and trippin', they were concerned with putting nutrients in there body, not having a spiritual journey. I&I am Sure there journey through the desert was an enlightening one at that. With out he use or help of a mushroom. We are talking about the ISREALites not some hippy counter culture in search of a psycodellic experience. They already new JAH why would they need to continue to search?
Spiralina and or blue green algea can be ought in bulk or capsule form now in local health food stores and is an excellent sorce of some of the vitamin and minerals that our everyday enviornment depleets.
SELASSIE I LIVE
wahdahdah

Messenger: Arkon I Sent: 12/13/2008 12:11:14 PM

I don't think that food cyaant be "halucinagenic" - well... even fennel when smoked (large amount of it) can be halucinagenic - it matters how do You use it. Some put fennel on potatoes, some smoke it :)

The same is with mushrooms. Some eat it to have their belly full, some want to have trip, some want o gain Iyah Ites...

Blessings

Messenger: Ras I-Tom Sent: 12/13/2008 1:50:19 PM

Greetings in the name of H.I.M Haile I Selassie I Jah RasTafarI!

I and I hear quite often people saying there is nothing wrong with natural psychedelics such as Psylocibin mushrooms, aminita musciaras, mescaline, DMT, saliva divinorem, etc because they are natural and made by Jah.

I and I am not saying that they were not created by Jah, they certainly were, but it does not necessarily mean that human ingestion is what Jah intended us to do with them..

It is true that they are not necessarily physically harmful, but they can most certainly be spiritually harmful. Before people go supporting the use of psychedelics one has to overstand that these can be extremely dangerous also.

Psychedelics open one up to both positive and negative spiritual energies. Therefore if one decides to use a natural psychedelic one must make sure that one is mentally and spiritually prepared, otherwise one will be overcome with the negative spiritual energies one is opened up to. One has to make sure one is in control, and this is very hard, when dealing with potent psychedelics. This is why ganja is the safest plant to use which has psychedelic properties, as THC is a very mild psychedelic and one can remain in control.

Back in my days I and I used to have the mentality that natural psychedelics are meant to be used by humans. One night I and I chewed a quid of salvia leaves and smoked a bowl of 40x salvia extract. After this experience I and I overstood that when dealing with a psychedelic such as this it is impossible to remain in control. In fact most experieced psychedelic users tell one to let the psychedelic take you. I and I burn fire on this. Jah wants I and I to remain in control with I and I consciousness and spirituality, not to be taken, by a naturally occurring substance, where I and I become open to both negative and positive spiritual energies.

Do the I's really think Selassie I JAH RasTafarI would advise us to take psychedelics, in which we have no control? I and I meditate on this and I and I personally sight that Selassie does not want I and I dealing with something that can cause I and I focus to be taken from HIM. This is why ganja is the herb for I and I to use, as it enables I and I to focus on Jah.

This is why I and I say if one however chooses to use a psychedelic one must make sure one is in control and mentally and spiritually prepared.

As for the Israelites using the aminita musciara mushroom; I and I have come across this before. I and I think it is something thought up by those whom are in support of psychedelics. Manna was from Heaven, it was not something of the earth. Mushrooms are of the earth. As wahdahdah sighted:

'Why would JAH send the people who needed material food hallucinagenic shrooms. Surely All natural Psycoactive plants have there purpose but I highly doubt when moses people were in the desert hungry every one was eatin' mushrooms and trippin', they were concerned with putting nutrients in there body, not having a spiritual journey'

The Israelites did not need psychedelics to have a spiritual experience, they had direct contact with Jah through Moses. Neither do I and I and I need a psychedelic to get to higher ites, all I and I need for that is to meditate on I and I Holy Father.

Blessings and guidance!
Itinual Ises unto Jah RasTafarI Selassie I!

Ras I-Tom

1 - 1011 - 18

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I