Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=5757&start_row=31

Wondering if any of the rasta brethren are in the Welding or oil and gas field?

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 42
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: ZIonChild Sent: 4/1/2015 8:20:52 PM

We will see. VoodooRuutz, you said you know people in Louisiana who have dreads and are welders? Any of white complexion like myself? And I heard there is hair drug testing is that true or only saliva and urine?

Thanks..Bless

Messenger: VoodooRuutz Sent: 4/1/2015 8:42:28 PM

I never seen a white welder with locks, but white welders with long hair and they wear it in ponytails.
I see many black welders with locks as its trendy, ive seen whites of other crafts with locks tho and blacks with locks pass the bottom

In lower Louisiana dat industry is big and welders do very well pay wise up to and over 100k yearly but there's some big jobs go on aint no limit to whats seen on dem jobs deh so, I kno locks aint a problem ive seen welders just starting only to see dem again years laters with longer locks still welding

Ive been in dat field around welders and k self having locks over 10 years and as I say locks are lot further than shoulders alot further!

A woman's stocking, tie legs ina knot or several as i do, cut remaining legs off is sufficient anuff containment light thin not a bother or a simple pony tail

Bless

Messenger: ZIonChild Sent: 4/5/2015 12:23:14 AM

Thanks for the information VoodooRuutz, and one more thing is it true the drug test screening for the welders is saliva and urine and a hair sample? ....
Thanks Bless

Messenger: VoodooRuutz Sent: 4/5/2015 10:09:25 AM

Where im at its either urine or very few place requires hair sample, ive had to do one hair sample which i made use chest hair and it goes back 90 days but it depends on What the facility wants.

Will d I be doing combination welding?

Messenger: ZIonChild Sent: 4/5/2015 2:33:47 PM

Combination welder, and just all around trade..pipefitting, fabrication ect. So they let you elect to do the body hair test, rather then take hair from your dreads, yeah?

Thanks

Messenger: VoodooRuutz Sent: 4/5/2015 4:33:07 PM

When I walk in I tell dem say no hair come off I head they it ain matter where jus need a certain amount could come from anywhere

A good trade deh, pays well, but hair no problem unless things different weh d I at deh, but yah good welders are usually demanding and get their way

Bless

Messenger: ZIonChild Sent: 4/9/2015 3:28:46 AM

So all of your jobs, they have accepted your wishes and hired you as well? no problems? thanks !

Messenger: VoodooRuutz Sent: 4/9/2015 6:42:28 AM

Only one needed hair sample but have had no problems having I locks!

Bless!

Messenger: ZIonChild Sent: 4/11/2015 10:50:09 PM

Niceness......May I ask what field you are in?

Bless

Messenger: ZIonChild Sent: 4/24/2015 1:44:29 AM

Say VoodooRuutz, Know any welding companies in the parts that you work in, that will hire men with Locks on their head?
Bless

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 42

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I