Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=5757&start_row=21

Wondering if any of the rasta brethren are in the Welding or oil and gas field?

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 42
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: ZIonChild Sent: 3/18/2015 10:40:06 AM

Make no mistake it isnt a excuse i am looking for, but people that i have talked to, said it would hinder my changes of getting a job + a safety hazard. Guess i will have to make a choice

Messenger: RAS NATE Sent: 3/18/2015 5:20:10 PM

Read the post by Ark I in this thread:

Tested by Babylon

JAH Reign

Messenger: VoodooRuutz Sent: 3/18/2015 6:03:09 PM

Iyah they speak from first hand experience?

Messenger: ZIonChild Sent: 3/19/2015 3:36:31 AM

Yeah they do, and not just people with dreads, people with simple straight long hair as well.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 3/19/2015 4:54:24 AM

You wouldn't class that as bowing?

Openly declaring RASTAFARI 'may hinder your chances of getting a job' next to a clean cut clean face christian. Not just the hair......

InI NAH BOW out
Long as I live I locks MUS grow out.

- Natty Pressure

Messenger: Black heart Sent: 3/19/2015 11:47:12 PM

ZionChild. What is de significance of your hair? Yu sound like somebody who grew locks fo fashion dats why yu are not ready to face even de smallest percecution. Some Idrens would not cut even when they know de chances of employment is almost zero unlike yu who have more than 70% chances yet yu keep on complaining. Are yu in de trod or just a fashion dread? If yu to be a true testimony of RASTA livity be ready to face percecution. De beast is fighting against RASTA so be ready to fight not to bow

Messenger: ZIonChild Sent: 3/28/2015 10:44:50 PM

Fashion dread I wouldn't say that nor declare myself as that. I will just have to pray to JAh and see what his conclusion is.

Bless

Messenger: VoodooRuutz Sent: 3/29/2015 12:31:57 AM

I work is in oil refineries and chemical producing plants tho not a welder Iself but work on jobs with upwards 2,000 persons doing many differents crafts. I see workers of all crafts, genders and races with locks and long hair who fit hardhat on their heads only some with locks sometime uses chinstrap to keep hat from falling when bending over but some with low cuts do the same depending on head shape i guess. I have longer locks and see some with locks longer than I so it not a big deal of having locks in that industry, jus keep the hair contained especially around round rotating devices. Shoulder length hair wont b much of a hassle if any at all but if the I doesnt want the hair then just do away with!

Messenger: ZIonChild Sent: 3/29/2015 11:20:14 PM

I would love nothing more than to have these locks for the rest of my life, but i am also of light complexion(Caucasian) so that is added scrutiny. But yeah, we will see...and couldn't I praise Jah the same as the next man, even if i was a baldhead(trimmed, clean cut) ?

Thanks

Messenger: VoodooRuutz Sent: 3/30/2015 5:18:47 AM

Yeah, chop them off yo

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 42

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I