Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=5755&start_row=1

Transforming Anger

1 - 8
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Sister Sent: 7/26/2014 4:24:43 PM

I try and keep I feelings in check, try to direct the energies and not let them direct I. Most times I can do this by various means, strong consciousness helps and practicing detachment, not being uncaring but not getting attached to the outcome of this or that. Some circumstances still catch I out, and anger I think is required in some situations, maybe because I still have room to grow in overstanding I reactions and sharpening I reasoning. Yoga is a big help to I, breath awareness and the discipline of having power over the body, I always take 3 days off during ‘lady’s holiday’ as well as full and new moon days – and during those 3 days sometimes I strong feelings overwhelm. To I the woman cycle has several functions mostly misunderstood, one being the emotional disruption – which with intuition can aid in awareness of what needs to change in I life, and provides the energy to move in that direction. I intuition is often higher at that time.

Anger. Has a function but is a blunt tool with a danger of turning offensive or turning inwards, on the whole destructive and not creative. Often its thinking life should be different to how it is that gives rise to anger, and accepting unfairness in a state of stress is a challenge. It takes practice to transform anger, continuous practice of awareness, and it doesn’t mean giving up strong feelings it means changing the form the energy takes, harnessing it and redirecting. Doing something else hard can provide the challenge that the anger seeks, investing it something positive.

Any of the I have innersight on this?

One love. Jah watch over.

Messenger: RAS NATE Sent: 7/27/2014 1:54:04 AM

Greetings and love.

Everytime one gets angry ones system is being poisoned.
I don't see any other function anger has than destruction.Even if ones must defend themselves or attack,anger is of no use other than blind the person from seeing the situation clearly and be lead by emotion.

The I mentioned breathing,I find a deep conscious breath always helps to calm anger and respond instead of react.It's true that sometimes we can forget and be lead forward blindly by emotions.But as conscious people it is part of InI work to still the mind and neutralize in order to see clearly.

"A good leader, maintains a balance between emotional drive and sound thinking."

-RasTafarI

InI are the leaders....

Blessed love
JAH JAH LIVE

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 7/27/2014 8:12:03 AM

Some good ideas being put forth here. I believe true anger is a natural emotion with a purpose which we mustn't fight. But as sister pointed out, thats not to mean we shoulf allow it to overflow / rule our emotions. It must be controlled. Anger is a part of our natural 'fight or flight' response with a rapid increase in the hormone cortisol and adrenaline in response to real or perceived threat. In certain circumstances this can obviously have a benefit. But like with everything its about balance.

Unless in a real situation of immediate danger. I think it is better to be strategic / conscious and use planned action rather than reactionary action which anger promotes.

My two cents.

Messenger: jessep86 Sent: 7/27/2014 6:59:46 PM

I feel anger rises from.stress, and stress is a signal something needs changed, whether physical or mental or spirituqla change is needed, and things just need re arranged, put in order or I am In a situation that calls for action, to make things better, the less action the more stress the more anger and frustration..

So solutions is less stress, more meditation, don't stress meditate on the right action to take and acheive make things better, victory is with Jah , got to bring heaven to earth, light to darkness, in doing this is Jahs will and happyness, if I don't do anything stress leads to anger and frustration, HAIL SELASSIE GIVE INI THE POWER TO DO THY WORKS TO LEAD A LIFE OF LIGHT AND MAKE ALL IRIE

context Iaffects the content.......the mind and body n soul are I a test tube wherever them is, its like a test tube, and I one situation. the structure of I temple is different thetn another siuation, but a master is not affected, Christ, Haile Selassie is so sovereign, the mind and spirit is so powerful in The King him is not vulnerable , its like stress is bypassed by meditation and knowing the solution and taking action, prayer and faith.

I stress when focus is on babylon, problems and shituations, but when focus is on Haile Selassie, and his soulutions and words and knowing JAH sees I and how I handle challenges, yes staying aware and in control of mind and body, abouve the emotions and above It, rise abouve the situations and have the birds eye view of things with JAH who rides in the heights see it all with the higher Iye, Haile Selassie I

Messenger: jessep86 Sent: 7/27/2014 8:15:25 PM

There's a old storie of Samari Warrior who was going to get revenge , for his master was killed, so he was going get that man, when he finds him the gets him cornered and he spit in hid face so the warrior does not kill him because he got angered and the anger was not right to act now, so he let him go. It would not have been a honorable deed for his master in anger.
( reminds I of how Christ said "whoever has no sin cast the first stone"......John8:7) and how King Selassie Went to Battle( not in anger but prayer and compassion)
Spiritual battle is surly the battle front, then mental , then verbal and physical battles follow......first in souls, then familys then friends and community's and civil then with other countries and such.....

so when chanting down Babylon I try not to do it in anger but in honor of the Father and I master. For the enemy is sin and wickedness , anger nah make those go away, only love and righteousness, holyness, word wound power wisdom love overstanding a Irie vibrancy of thanks and praises

Not through anger of the enemy's, but through love and honor of The Master The Creator , worthy to be praised in Irits thoughts and actions thankful to receive. Iya and Iya

Messenger: JAH Child Sent: 7/29/2014 1:10:02 AM

Empress...
Goddess.
I&I think not about how to transform anger, but how to radiate more and more love. Focus on positive, the negative vibrations will already be eradicated. The Impress already knows this in studying yoga and in practicing breath awareness. The feeling of rising blood pressure does not have to be called anger if it is approached in a loving vibration.
Just breathe and love sweet Istren.
Ras TafarI live more upfull and Ilafull allways!

Messenger: sunrise79 Sent: 9/4/2014 7:16:56 AM

This is exactly what I have been searching for, some guidance over these feelings of anger and unjustness regarding matters of the heart. How do I accept things that do not sit right within I spirit? I feel I need answers but no matter how I ask, or listen or search for answers, they never come forth. I have also tried stepping back and not asking for answers but I end up in a spiral of chasing the truth.

Brothers and sisters, One Love eternal

Messenger: Bobobinghi Jahcub Sent: 9/4/2014 5:17:31 PM

Anger externally released, InI say Nyabinghi order 1,2 heartbeat against the walls of babylon, beat out the negativity out the I, seen, rastafari vibration haffi be a positive vibration,Rastafari love is a must,negativity/hate is a distortion of love, it is love for wrong, InI say love for Righteousness of salvation

1 - 8

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I