Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=5750&start_row=21

My issue with the term "White Supremacy"

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 30
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Path Walker Sent: 7/24/2014 9:05:24 AM

Blessings for this reasoning my brothers it is helping me to overstand, I still hate that the term exists the way it does, but yes it exists that way for a reason. Even though white supremacists don't act on basis of race, they act on basis of selfishness. They are out to make themselves supreme but it kind of works out the same way as those with more in common with them 'benefit' while those with less suffer. White consciousness must prevail over this system!

Big up black African supremacy, a problem with that was never part of this.

Messenger: VoodooRuutz Sent: 7/24/2014 9:56:28 AM

What is White Consciousness? To d I?

Messenger: Path Walker Sent: 7/24/2014 11:41:17 AM

It is awareness of our place of privilege and how it came to be. It is rejection of the institutions which sustain this imbalance whenever possible. Most importantly it is the work towards the establishment of a new system which does what IS best for our people, and thereby better for all people, rather than what seems beneficial at the moment.

Messenger: Sister Sent: 7/24/2014 2:27:50 PM

Pathwalker, can you be more specific on what you've said above?
As Ark I says, "white supremacy" is what it is, supremacy means power over another group, who holds that power is indicated by the term white. Is it the term supremacy you want cleansed or the collective "white"? You said above 'white supremacists dont act on the basis of race', thats a contradiction, no? Why 'white' consciousness, can you explain a bit more? Why not other types of consciousness? What system is best for white and therefore all? White supremacy goes by a more modern and neutral term 'globalism' and conveniently all races are invited to participate.

Messenger: Path Walker Sent: 7/24/2014 3:41:47 PM

The collective white could use a cleansing but that must be through action I now see.

I think it is a contradiction, which is part of my issue with the terminology. Perhaps it would better put if I said they do not act for the benefit of their race but of themself.

I'm not advocating White consciousness over or as opposed to other forms. More that the unconscious behavior of white's has been the greatest aid to white supremacy and must therefore be ended.

I'm not saying that there is or should be one system that is best for all, but say if the history white people taught each other was more accurate it would be best for us and benefit relations with all people.

Love and respect

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 7/24/2014 5:25:31 PM

White supremacy act for the benefit of themselves AND the entire white race. You said yourselves there are certain 'privileges' which all white people benefit from 'de facto' as a consequence of white supremacy; whether or not that individual had an active roll to play....

Like being in the west, and knowing your family name or last name. #whiteprivilege

This a white mans system. Which is why we chant black supremacy reparations revolution repatriation Garvey I Selassie I until "until"

BLAZING

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 7/24/2014 5:36:53 PM

This reasoning raises interesting concepts

How would the I feel as a white man if the black nation in the US rose up to claim what is rightfully theres and demanded to be recognised as a seperate nation outside of the US, taking maybe 15-20 states with them.

The I would support this? Despite the obvious effect on your economy? Or the same argument for reparations.

Are we fighting for de same thing. Two people may chant BUN dung babylon and have two complete different perspective

InI rasta chant the supreme black perspective

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 7/24/2014 5:39:29 PM

Taking account how the majority of InI and the world have been subconsciously supporting the white upliftment movement from taxes to culture back to retail import export international is white benefit. And have people, all black people too, a work all them life to support dem without even being aware of wha really a take place

chant.... revolution over integration / reform

Messenger: Sister Sent: 7/25/2014 1:59:20 PM

" if the history white people taught each other was more accurate"..

Can you see them teaching papal bulls in black history week?

Babylon throne will come down as sure as death is the wages of sin. No need to struggle with it.

Jah guide.

Messenger: Ras NazIr Sent: 7/26/2014 3:37:53 PM

Greetings JAH Idren and Istren. Iman felt no need to start a new reasoning pon this. Iman have been on a quest to learn more about "DaDa" Hon Prince Emmanuel I Charles Edwards. I have been reasoning with some RastafarI on FB about him. Here is an excerpt of what one Kingman said. How do the I's sight up on this?

"He upheld the teaching of Christ and brought forth the teachings of Black Supremacy in which he published a book titled Black Supremacy. In which he explains many things, God is Black, God is Love, Black Supremacy is Love Supremacy. He also gave us the teachings that A man of Right is God in Flesh, man of Wrong is the devil."

Bless UP Iya's.
Selassie I JAH RastafarI

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 30

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I