Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=575&start_row=21

Gangsta Rap - Babylon Propaganda

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 77
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: NineMile2004 Sent: 2/3/2005 3:23:46 PM

Gangsta Rap

I think the origin of it was something good because like Reggae it tries to make known about the circumstances of the people and society. I do think that with time this has changed to something commercial driven. MONEY and FAME. But Babylon dictates the circumstances of many and sometimes music is the best way out of this misery. What is important is that the heart is pure, that we work on ourselves and dont get fooled by the money. Money may be a nice thing on the side but it does not define us as a people.

This reminds me of a quote by Hon. Robert Nesta Marley, I may have to post later on since I do not recall it completely.

I believe it was something like this:

If the music we make does not come from within and is all about making money than the music we make is not worth the money we make with it........I will have to get back on this one to clarify but I liked the quote.

ONE LOVE

Bergy

Messenger: SisMenenI Sent: 2/4/2005 1:24:50 AM

"Our youth can be our fate or our future. If young people embrace Black culture, ground themselves in it, and feel compelled to continue the legacy, then they are our future. But if they turn their backs on the Blackness, if they have contempt for their fathers and mothers, if they do nothing but engage in self-congratulatory narratives and music about themselves and imagine that they have any future in it simply by talking negative, then they are not our future; they are our FATE." -Maulana Karenga, interview in "THE SOURCE", February 1996

Serious Thing... give thanks for this reasoning. One major aspect of this phenomenon we call "Gangsta Rap" is just WHO is responsible for making it so popular. It is a specific group of people that are controlling what the youth are taking in. From food to music, our children are being polluted. Yes, it is the fault of the parents for allowing it, but the head at blame is the system which is controlled by those few rich men at the top who decide how to lead the sheep astray. Notice that the tunes on the radios are usually the most slack tunes from a popular artist's album, when their album is purchased, many come to see that there are other tunes that deal with more real issues. Tupac is a great example, Tupac spoke for the people, Tupac was REAL to the core about what he saw everyday in the ghetto. As soon as he'd make a hit talking about lust and guns it would hit the charts like "how do you want it" and rarely they'd balance the vibes with "Dear Mama". Point being, it is the bigger heads whom are to blame for what is feeding the people on TeLIEvision and the radios.

I highly recommend reading "The Hip Hop Generation" by Bakari Kitwana which really goes into this subject deeply.

Messenger: gideon Sent: 2/5/2005 4:18:47 PM

I was reading some of the articles at the website daghettotimz.com. Can anyone explain this quote? RSK or anyone? It seems like the Mason is white first then turns black after the 32nd degree? What's going on here?

"Masonry is rooted in knowing the true history of KMT; knowing the Afrikan wo/man is God and that they intend to not let you know this fact until you have been brainwashed for 32 degreez. Think about it. If I went through all 33 1/3° of masonry and the 33rd tellz me who God is; after I've been brainwashed for decades (because it takes that to obtain higher degreez in masonry), I now find out that I am God and not the white man...I've been duped for so long, I still remain loyal. That's like taking an animal out of the wild and feeding him for 20 years, then letting him go. You think the animal is going to stay in the wild? He'll come running just as fast as you let him go. Y? Because his master is all he knowz and he has been conditioned to only follow (not lead himself) his master."

Messenger: Ras Sistren Khamyl Sent: 2/5/2005 4:50:57 PM

u just explained it

read my 4 entry post on the boule, its da black version of skull and bones

skull and bones is deeply rooted in masonry and numerology

i refer to masonry, never as free masonry cuz a mason is never free

Messenger: Dreadnut Sent: 2/6/2005 12:44:36 AM

Haha! A mason is never free! That good. I'll remember that.

Messenger: SisMenenI Sent: 2/10/2005 3:07:02 AM

R&B Singer Houston Gouges Eye Out After Apparent Suicide Attempt
02.02.2005 1:51 PM EST

Singer attempted to jump out of hotel window.
Houston (file)
Photo: Capitol
After being thwarted in a suicide attempt in a London hotel room, R&B singer Houston gouged his own eye out.

On Thursday Houston attempted to jump out of a 13th-floor hotel window but was stopped by his security personnel, sources close to

the singer said. He was moved to a lower floor and locked in his room, where he injured himself. Additional details are still coming to light, and photographs of his injury are circulating online.

The Los Angeles native, born Houston Summers IV, was overseas for a series of performances when the incident occurred. He scored a hit last year with "I Like That," which featured Chingy and Nate Dogg and was used in a McDonald's commercial (see "Houston Scores Club Hit With Help From Chingy, Nate Dogg"). His debut album, It's Already Written, was certified gold a month after its release in August.

"Our thoughts and prayers are with Houston during this tragic time," a Capitol Records spokesperson said.

Los Angeles radio station KKBT-FM's K-Sly, who appeared in the "I Like That" video and is close to Houston's camp, said the singer had been under psychiatric care last year for manic depression. Another source corroborated that claim, adding that Houston had also struggled with PCP.

"I was told he wanted to commit suicide and stabbed his eye out," K-Sly said. "He was telling people he was Jesus and wanted to go home to his Father."

The singer is now back in Los Angeles.

Upon hearing about Houston, Bushwick Bill of rap group the Geto Boys felt compelled to speak out. In 1991, Bill forced his girlfriend to assist him in a suicide attempt, and she shot him in the eye. "Fame will make you crazy," Bill said in a statement. "Fame isn't for everybody. There are people who have a fear of fame, those who want fame, and those who don't understand fame. It drives them crazy, because it is a lot of responsibility to be all things to all people, and you can lose yourself in the shuffle, where there are no longer 52 cards in the deck."

— Rashaun Hall, with additional reporting by Sway Calloway and Joseph Patel

Messenger: SisMenenI Sent: 2/11/2005 1:58:52 AM

KRS-One on the State of Hip Hop
from the Santa Fe Reporter [reprinted without permission]

How do you feel about the state of hip-hop right now?

Hip-hop is doing very well, rap is struggling. Rap music is dropping 15 percent every three months yet it is 60 percent of all music sold. Gospel, jazz, rock, alternative, speed metal, house, all that is 40 percent. Rap music is…dropping. The music industry is in trouble. And you know why it's in trouble? Because when you turn on the TV, what do you see? Garbage.

People ain't stupid. They can blame it on the Internet all day but nobody wants to be called a bitch and a ho and a nigger and a thug all day and all night. Nobody is going put their money down on that. But that's all you see on the TV, that's all they're promoting. We knew in 1992 when vinyl got snatched off the market that something was going down. Don't get me wrong, we love CDs…but they tried to kill the DJ, kill the conscious lyricist, all the conscious lyrics we were doing so we can't get radio play, can't get in the stores, can't get a decent interview. They killed the market.

BIG UP KRS-ONE!!
Sunday, January 30, 2005
With the Declaration of Peace displayed prominently behind him, the Teacha, KRS-ONE, took the podium again. “Hiphop is a term that describes our independent collective consciousness. Ever growing, it is commonly expressed through such elements as Breakin, Emceein, Graffiti Art, Deejayin, Beatboxin, Street Fashion, Street Language, Street Knowledge and Street Entrepreneurialism.” To about 75 Temple Members, the Teacha asked “Who is your true family?” The Teacha explained that the beginning of one’s oppression and hardship in life begins with the level of support one receives from one’s family. That in order to create peace and prosperity family unity is a must. However, who is your family? The ones that support the real you are your true family.
http://www.templeofhiphop.org/

Messenger: the rock Sent: 2/11/2005 12:25:29 PM

tupac the black panther

My family tree consists of drug dealers,
Thugs and killers. Strugglin:
Known to hustle screaming fuck their feelings
I got advice from my father
All he told me was this
Nigga get off your ass
If you plan to be rich
There's ten rules to the game
but I'll share with you two
Know, niggas gon' hate for whatever you do
Now rule one get yo cash on M.O.B.
That's Money Over Bitches cause they breed envy
Now rule two is a hard one
Watch for phonies
Keep yo enemies close nigga
Watch yo homies
It seemed a little unimportant
When he told me I smiled
Picture jewels being handed
to an innocent child
I never knew in my lifetime
I'd live by these rules
Initiated as an outlaw
Studying rules
Now papa ain't around
So I gotta recall or come to grips
of being written on my enemies wall
Promised if I have a seed
I'ma guide him right
Dear Lord don't let me die tonite
I got words for my comrades
Listen and learn
Ain't nothing free
Give back what you earn
no doubt!
Getting high then a motherfucker
blessed and pleased
This thug life will be the death of me
[Come On]
[I remember what my papa told me]
[Remember what my pops told me]
[Blasphemy]

[Chorus]

{VERSE 2}
We probably in hell already
Our dumb asses not knowing
Everybody kissing ass to go to heaven ain't going
Put my soul on it
I'm fighting devil niggas daily
Plus the media be crucifying brothas severely
Tell me I ain't God's son
Nigga mom a virgin
We got addicted had to leave the burbs
Back in the ghetto doing wild shit
Looking at the sun don't pay
Criminal mind all the time
Waiting for judgement day
They say Moses split the red sea
I split the blunt and roll a fat one
I'm deadly, Babylon beware
It's coming from these Pharoahs kids
Retaliation, making legends off the shit we did
Still bullshitting
Niggas in Jerusalem waiting for signs
God promised, he's just taking his time
[Ha Ha]
Living by the Nile while the water flows
I'm contemplating plots wondering which door to go
Brothas getting shot
Coming back resurrected
It's just that raw shit
Nigga check it [It's that raw shit]
[I remember what my papa told me]
[Remember what my papa told me]
[Blasphemy]

[Chorus]

{VERSE 3}
The future want me buried. Why?
Cause I don't hear a liar
Have you ever seen a crackhead
That's eternal fire
Why you got these kids mind
Thinking that they evil
While the preachers and scriptures say
None of Gods people
Should we cry
When the po die
My request
Who should cry if they cry
When we buried Malcolm X
Momma tell me am I wrong
Is God just another cop
Waiting to beat my ass
If I don't go pop
Memories of a pastime
Giving up dabs to the leaders
Knowing damn well they ain't gon' feed us
In my brain how can you explain
Time release me.
It's hard enough to live now
In these times of griefs.
They say Jesus is a kind man
Well he should understand
Times in this crime land
My thug nation.
Do what you gotta to do
And know you gotta change
Try to find a way to make it out the game
I leave this and hope God can see my heart is pure
Is heaven just another Door [I leave this here]
I leave this and hope God can see my heart is pure
Is heaven just another Door [And my people say]

[Chorus]

Messenger: Doctor Binghi Sent: 2/12/2005 1:51:08 PM

Maximum Respect--

Personally, I think it's poison. I really don't care to hear about how tough some guy-with-a-gun thinks he is... Or how many times he would like to shoot me in my face... Rediculous that people actually idolize these misguided "people".

I know there is more to it, as one of my closest bredren tells me.. I know Tupac, for example, spoke reality -when few others did. And he deserves respect for that, But these days... I only see that tough-guy style. Like the videos my old roommate loved; called Smoosh, or Slap, or Smack, or Slam, or something.

More youths need to have positive role-models like Bob Marley- and stop trying to act like these poor excuses for men; acting tough, carrying weapons in elementary school, and such. I know it's not all from the music, but the aditude breeds more of the same. Misguided youths grow up in these ways, just to raise more misguided youths, if they even bother to raise them at all. And so on, and so on, and so on.

If music if life.. why is "gangsta rap" even considered music? Far too much emphasis is placed on "bling-bling" and how many women you can f**k each day, and being tough (not that a gun = tough, quite the opposite)

I have known several Africa born Africans through the years that can't stand it. They hate that African-American sub-culture, and think it's an embarassment. It is.

gangsta rap is to black people
as
imbred hillbillies are to white people
as
urine bathing hindus are to Middle-Eastern peoples

Messenger: the rock Sent: 2/12/2005 2:34:56 PM

i do not idolize anything, but truth comes in defferent shapes.
i do not want anyone to die ,but they are dieing, If your not from the streets then you may have a hard time understanding the street.there is not anything wrong with that.the youth do not make the rules of the game the parent did.I still love some go hiphop music.

onelove

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 77

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I