Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=5732&start_row=1

What is to be mentally strong???

1 - 5
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: zion mountain Sent: 7/9/2014 11:57:35 AM

InI know spiritual strength,physical strength,what about mental strength,what is it???What is to be mentally strong???

Messenger: LijHayile Sent: 7/9/2014 12:11:56 PM

Selam, blessed love.

First, we must understand what the word means before we can overstand the meaning of the word. In order to understand the word, we must have be able to stand on the word. Therefore, we must go to the etymology of the word.

Etym - True
Logos - Word
Etymology - True word

Mental (adj.) - Pertaining to the mind; thought.
Resources: http://www.etymonline.com/index.php?term=mental

The mind is the wisdom of the soul.
The soul are the feelings, thoughts, emotions, and will.
Wisdom is the proper and practical application of knowledge.

Strength is measured by power, or ability to change; might.

So to be mentally strong is to be mentally stable; to have power over corruptive thoughts in your mind, which has a direct connection with the soul.

Shalom.

Messenger: littleshrub Sent: 7/9/2014 12:34:00 PM

Blessings I

From a place of proper ground and to stem to a good overstanding of this subject on mental health InI find it important to seek the inner light, that of Jah and the consciousness of the almighty. To give I thanks and praise, with that a meditation may be gifted if the I's heart is in the right place. From what I've collected it's that to be strong mentally is to be sure of InI self, to stand firm and remain grounded in your stance, not to be that of a stubborn and unwilling individual but to be narrow in your sights, not to deny others to be in the I sight but to place that sight upon what you see is the grace of your world, to find a hold a grounded mentality, to not budge or to be swayed by the blinded of babylon or our own sinful temptations as we're exposed to so often, to know and practice this, InI feel is to be mentally strong.

Much love Iyah Most High is with you
Praises I Jah I Selassie I RasTafari

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 7/9/2014 5:38:42 PM

To have you and your loved ones with all the chips down ina life. And still rise with the morning sun baring witness of the glory, giving thanks and praises onto Haile Selassie I the first. Resilient race.

Messenger: jessep86 Sent: 7/9/2014 11:09:48 PM

To have a peaceful powerful mind , one must be in Haile Selassie and have Jah within.

How do I make I mind strong? Through physical exercises and disciplines. For the minds needs to become ruler of the flesh, .
And the mind moves the body , and the soul moves the mind. And a soul inspired by JAH moves righteously into Holaness. Zion bound.

The mind is strengthened by pushing the body , by being strict in what I put in and on the body, through control of breath the mind is strengthened, through weight lifting when body want to quit the mind says who is master, and the mind is controlled by the soul, and the soul is disciplined and sharpened through the mind.

The mind is not in the body , but the body is in the mind, the soul is hard to discipline, but as a disciples of Jah Rastafari it is must, and all is connected, body mind soul and Jah when all is in inity and connected with no obstruction or distortion, when all commands come from Jah down through soul and mind to the body, body never giving commands only feed back through back to the soul and Jah to make the choices and moves all aspects of INI Self one with Jah. is going give mental strength. For Jah is the power ,glory and strength

Dezerie : Strengthen Your Mind-
http://youtu.be/tB-K9vj8L9E

1 - 5

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I