Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=5727&start_row=31

THE FLAG THE LOGO THE BANNER

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 32
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 8/1/2014 7:53:45 AM

I not sure if thats why rasta call red ites. Because of the flag. Because Haile Selassie flag had red at the bottom. And rasta has long had an affinity with Red (redd up reddhot red eye red fire and red hot sun inna the sky!) Red is just a ites thing.

The way you speak the colours doesnt necessarily reflect on the order of the flag top to bottom.

When johnny Clarke who first promoted the term said ites green and gold I doubt he had in mind a flag with red a top green a middle and gold a bottom..... ca I never see dat

Iman still work with Haile flag. But bless up to all

Messenger: Ras Raza Sent: 8/1/2014 9:32:29 AM

Ibyssinia I.

I sight what the I is saying. Iman never saw a Ethiopian flag with red at the top and green at the middle and yellow/gold at the bottom and that is because that was never the order of the tri-coloured Ethiopian flag. So that order makes no sense if the I ask Iman. When I and I talk about the current Ethiopian flag I and I talk about green at the top and when I and I talk about the former and original flag of Ethiopia I and I speak about red at the top.

I see flags with red at the top, yellow in the middle and green at the bottom. And also green at the top and yellow in the middle and green at the bottom. But Haile Selassie I His holy and great flag is green at the top, yellow in the middle and red at the bottom and the conquering Lion of the tribe of Judah at the centre of the flag. I and I still deal with JAH his flag of His time in this time and also surely in the future.

more Ites of Zion...

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 32

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I