Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=5725&start_row=1

Dogon Tribe

1 - 9
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 7/5/2014 5:53:43 AM

This tribe of Mali who trace their lineage back to Kemet, 3000BCE, knew that jupiter had rings, saturn has moons, the planets orbit around the sun.... THOUSANDS of years before the European 'discovered' these things after the invention of Galileo's telescope. They also said there were more planets in the solar system than the 9 they confidently told me in school.......I think Nasa are up to 13 now..... They also knew that the sun isnt the brightest star in the sky it is Sirius, which is actually a cluster of three stars. Again, only 'discovered' by white supremacy a few years ago (2010-2012).

But im saying though, any explanations for their spiritual system? And belief of where the knowledge came from? Im sure the West have a misinterpretation of the Nummo..... what is this an allegory for? Are they water deities? Is this a way of saying we evolved from amphibians? Again recently suggested by modern science..... does it just confirm that all matter in the universe come from the same cloud of star dust, originally? Or is there more?

Peace

SEWA

Messenger: VoodooRuutz Sent: 7/5/2014 11:20:16 AM

You know Benjamin Banneker the self taught 'astronomer' who created British North America's first clock is said to b a Dogon descendant thru his grandfather who said he was Dogon!

Messenger: RAS NATE Sent: 7/5/2014 11:47:17 AM

Messenger: RAS NATE Sent: 7/5/2014 11:48:06 AM

Interesting...

______________________________________________________________________________________________

The Dogon say their astronomical knowledge was given to them by the Nommos, amphibious beings sent to earth from Sirius for the benefit of mankind. The name comes from a Dogon word meaning "to make one drink," and the Nommos are also called Masters of the Water,the Monitors, and the Teachers.

The Nommos were more fishlike than human, and had to live in water. They were saviors and spiritual guardians: "The Nommo divided his body among men to feed them; that is why it is also said that as the universe "had drunk of his body," the Nommo also made men drink. He gave all his life principles to human beings."

The Nommo was crucified and resurrected and in the future will again visit the earth, this time in human form. Later he will assume his amphibious form and will rule the world from the waters.

http://www.ufoevidence.org/documents/doc119.htm

Messenger: JAH Child Sent: 7/5/2014 12:05:42 PM

Bless up Iyahs! Give thanks for reasoning up on this blessed subject of the Incient Dogon people. Very interesting info...
I&I King says that the Dogon have certain tribesmembers who look at the stars. Their only job has always been to keep their eyes closed and to sleep all day, and then only open the eyes in the darkness of night and observe the stars.
I do not know where the I got this information, but the I mentions things like that often. So I&I have learned from the King that this is where the Dogon got their celestial information - actually looking with their eyes.
Power to the Incient Scholars of the Dogon tribe...
Most High Love.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 7/5/2014 3:29:42 PM

If you can't learn from the Dogon themself, learn from a master-teacher who has chopped it up and reasoned with them himself.

Messenger: Black Christ Salvation Sent: 11/25/2015 1:33:55 PM

The Dogon Tribe Of Africa And Their Extraterrestrial History.

Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 11/26/2015 2:59:29 PM

As in all things Afrikan, there are multi layered meanings hidden within our symbols and creation stories. The metaphorical, scientific, spiritual, esoteric and cosmological.

"NOMMO can be thought, NOMMO can be played on an instrument, NOMMO can be sung. It is prayer. It is curse. It is incantation!NOMMO is a praise song. NOMMO is our use of the spiritually activating principle. NOMMOis will and intent. NOMMO is consciousness.” – Marimba Ani

The Sirius System became the Ever-Living Placenta of the Resurrected Nommo. Even though the Kora-Na, O Nommo, and the Unum were going to travel to ‘The Impure Earth’ of Ogo, they were to forever remain connected to a lifeline that connected them straight to Amma’s womb. This ever-living placenta is the Sirius system, and as long as the connection with Sirius was maintained, the Resurrected Nommo would never die. The Sirius system floods the Impure Earth with rejuvenating and nourishing Nyama every sixty years, at which time the Dogon perform the Sigui ceremony to reaffirm the Earth-Sirius connection.

On earth, it organised human culture and set the order for human interaction. This is the celestial foundation of the Earthly sciences of astrology, astronomy, and agriculture.

http://www.secretoftheankh.com/?p=79

Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 11/26/2015 9:32:30 PM

1 - 9

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I