Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=572&start_row=21

African Holocaust

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 46
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: SisMenenI Sent: 2/4/2005 12:41:03 AM

Let InI not forget that Rastafari is a black liberation movement. Many ones come to Rastafari attracted to the "one love" vibes, when in fact it is a much more serious Ites. If reasoning on subjects such as the African Holocaust bothers anyone, than they must look into themselves and really question how they feel they are Rasta. His Imperial Majesty is InI prime example, HIM is concerned with AFRICA and African people. Yes, HIM stressed that InI build bridges and eradicate racizm, but did not at any point promote color blindness. It is very easy for those of privelege to run from, wipe away or turn a blind eye to what is dealt with everyday.

To overstand racizm and the reality of the African holocaust and its effects today, one must humble themself.

Qedemawi Haile Sellassie I lives and reigns!
Blessed Love

Messenger: Dreadnut Sent: 2/4/2005 4:33:43 AM

Yes I! Yes I! Both His Majesty and Marcus believe that until Afrika get free, now where else can be free. I don't only take that as a contenental, but also in the minds of black people, because to black people is whom Afrika belongs to, like the sistren said, that Afrikan issues are for Afrikan people.

Hola I Jah Rastafari

Ras Zion I

Messenger: gideon Sent: 2/4/2005 10:16:23 AM

I like the one about the map, you have to know where you are. And someone else made the same point by saying that we need to remember our history.
So how do you remember history? Bergy said a person dying is a person dying and there is no division in that. But what about a black person dying? That is where the problem arises, because when you say it is a black person you are dividing people into black and non-black.

Why do you feel the need to say that blacks were killed because someone else said that Jews were killed. If the media made a big deal that two million people whose names begin with G were killed in the past twenty years then would you feel the need to tell the world how many people whose names begin with A were killed during the same period? No, because you don't identify yourself according to the first letter of your name, but you do identify yourself according to the colour of your skin.
What's the basis?
Me, I identify myself as a human being. I love the colours and shapes that we come in and I am not colour blind, but I do not classify people that way. I also appreciate the beautiful names but I don't classify people that way either.
I don't want to forget the past. I want us to remember that in the past people have actually hated eachother and felt divided because of skin colour and facial features - unfortunately this still goes on.
We need to remember past injustices but we need to remember them in a proper way. We should not say that black people were killed or that Jews were killed, we should say that people were killed because of their colour and traditions. That way, we are placing the emphasis on the injustice, as we should, instead of placing emphasis on the colour division as we are taught to do.
What is a black man? Isn't he a man whose skin is black? Is he different in some significant way from a white man? A white man is just a man whose skin is white. The difference is superficial.
Now, I know that those who are not able to see and hear the truth that we are all the same race will find ways to twist the evidence and they will close their ears. For those black people who are so proud of their black skin, I invite you to go and tell the Yoruba and Ebo that they are all one people. Or worse yet, go and tell the other tribes that are killing eachother that they are the same people. They will tell you that they are different, just like you will tell me that black and white are different.
Noah had three sons, Ham, Shem and Japhet. That is one blood. But that is just on the physical level. More importantly there is the spiritual unity. We are all one spirit. Division is a step in the wrong direction.

Messenger: Dreadnut Sent: 2/4/2005 4:35:45 PM

There is no division is black and white, both of them together is one, not two.

Messenger: gideon Sent: 2/4/2005 4:58:35 PM

Dreadnut if you're not contradicting yourself then I am confused. How can you say that Africa is for Black people and then say that black and white are one?
And I wonder if SisMenen agrees that black and white are one, and how can she say Africa for Africans, meaning black, and still say that black and white are one?
To me if you say Africa for blacks then it is not for whites, and that is a clear division.
For me, I say that creation belongs to all men, that's all. Let everyone live where they want to.... how can you say that Africa is for Africans, how can that statement come from someone who accepts white as the same as black?

Messenger: Dreadnut Sent: 2/4/2005 6:09:16 PM

what i'm saying is that their individual struggles, black and white or whatever, is merely a part of a whole. Its not a contrdiction, I'm saying that everything must go there own way to create one whole balance. Look at a field with flowers trees and lakes, fish.... all of the sort. Every component must play its part in order to complete the entirty of that life. So in order for the fish to remain, they must do as fish do. But the water doesn't fight the fish, but it as well must do as it does. The grass does not fight the flower, nor the flower fight the grass, but they must be what they must. The tree don't fight the ground but together they root as one.

No contradiction. If the flower doesn't take care of flower issues then it will die. If Afrikans don't take care of Afrikan problems, the same will happen. Everyone got a part to play, with out one, you loose the other, so which is more important?

And I don't know what Sis Menen I thinks.

Ras Zion I

Messenger: NineMile2004 Sent: 2/4/2005 8:23:59 PM

Seen. I agree. In addition, I believe that the question of Africa is a universal question as well. We all need to come together to help solve the issue in the best way possible. Just because I may not be African does not mean I should not support the African cause.

Blessings,

Bergy

Messenger: gideon Sent: 2/5/2005 1:41:11 PM

So what you are saying is that the African people must move forward and then mankind will move forward.
I do see that Selassie is the king of kings, and those who know him are also kings. So in the sense of African meaning someone who knows Selassie, it is true that Africans must step forward and lead the world to salvation.
But that is about people who know Selassie being leaders. The chosen race is not about skin color.

Earlier we were talking about African people meaning skin color. Your reasoning makes sense talking about followers of Selassie, because those people are truly a nation set apart. But skin color does not fit in with the reasoning you gave, because people are not different in any significant way because of their skin color.
Your whole point is that different kinds of people serve different functions. But my point is that a skin color does not make people different from eachother in any way that would justify looking at them differently.
It seems that there is a movement trying to steal rastafari away from the followers of Selassie and give it to the darkskinned followers of Selassie. Note that Sis Menen said that rastafari is a black liberation movement, and she made this statement in the context of skin color because that is what we were talking about at the time.

I say that rastafari is a black liberation movement, meaning those who know Selassie. That is what a black man or woman really is.

Messenger: Dreadnut Sent: 2/7/2005 6:14:03 AM

Yes my bredren but we are different, that is why we each have something to offer each other, is because together we create one world as one culture.

Messenger: gideon Sent: 2/7/2005 9:33:45 AM

I want the Sister to explain why she made this statement:

"Let InI not forget that Rastafari is a black liberation movement. Many ones come to Rastafari attracted to the "one love" vibes, when in fact it is a much more serious Ites. If reasoning on subjects such as the African Holocaust bothers anyone, than they must look into themselves and really question how they feel they are Rasta. His Imperial Majesty is InI prime example, HIM is concerned with AFRICA and African people. Yes, HIM stressed that InI build bridges and eradicate racizm, but did not at any point promote color blindness."

And then Dreadnut say, "Yes I". That mean he agree.

This statement is saying that rastafari is about black people, and it is referring to the color black and not to the other meaning of the word that I used before.

If mankind has a schism, then mankind has to address the problem as a whole. Two parts of the split, or one part of the split, cannot deal with the problem that splits the two sides apart.

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 46

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I