Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=5713&start_row=11

REPARATIONS DEBATE HEATING UP

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 58
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 6/18/2014 5:22:15 AM

"UN wants reparations for victims of sexual violence in conflict"
http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/news/UN-wants-reparations-for-victims-of-sexual-violence-in-conflict_16876737

Divisive. So they gonna try and ask for reparations for everything so that the whole reparations debate can be generalised, overlooked and wiped away. Can we not do one thing at a time? Could the conversation of slavery please continue uninterrupted for once? What the hell do victims of sexual violence compare in any way to the history of chattel slavery? (Which included millions of cases of sexual violence)
I think this a divisive tactic from tricky babylon. The Focus is Reparations from Slavery, nothing else. At least not yet.

When it come to Reparations a HAILE SELASSIE IXAMPLE WE FOLLOW; economic justice and land ownership.

http://trove.nla.gov.au/ndp/del/article/35593399
https://www.mtholyoke.edu/acad/intrel/selassie.htm
http://www.shashamane.org/history.html

Praises Jah

Messenger: Jah Dub Sent: 6/18/2014 6:30:27 AMHidden - Foolishness
View Message  Reply

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 6/18/2014 6:47:11 AM

are you working for the government? I don't know why your anti-rastafari doctrine has to be made in THIS thread specifically.

Again the focus is REPARATIONS for Africans. Take the other arguments elsewhere

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 6/18/2014 7:13:19 AM

+ You would be better off with Jezeus. Pro-homosexual, pro-catholic church & vatican, anti-black supremacy, failure to recognise the Black Christ and dissmissive attitudes toward the history of white on black (and Western on indigenous) injustice........ has NO place within Rastafari.

And no place within a reasoning on Reparations unless your initial aim was to throw the reasoning off on a tangent which to my annoyance you have been partially successful.

Good luck in your further endeavours. Please study more

Messenger: Jah Dub Sent: 6/18/2014 8:50:58 AM

self-righteous zealot

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 6/18/2014 8:58:22 AM

Thats exactly what a Rastaman is

Messenger: Jah Dub Sent: 6/18/2014 9:30:10 AMHidden - Foolishness
View Message  Reply

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 6/18/2014 9:36:22 AM

Will somebody take this Demon from Gomorrah out of my thread? Ark-I, I thought we banned and deleted this kind of fukkery

Love JAH and live
Hate HIM and you will surely die.

Messenger: Path Walker Sent: 6/18/2014 9:54:19 AM

I make no excuse for it but I overstand the fear the UK has in backing this. With their history of imperialism half the world could make a case for damages caused by them. Still, more fire on all the downpressors.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 6/18/2014 10:04:03 AM

Yes King, but it would be more appropriate for them to to at least acknowledge the need for repairs to be made for the damage they have caused. The Prime Minister gave a speech where he said he 'regrets' what happened but never said sorry..... as this would have legally been an admission of guilt. Which they still have not done. Saying it will be difficult / needs to be carefully and logically planned out over a period of time is one thing, but to outright deny their responsibility is where the fire has to come in.......

The fact remains, the WORST crime on humanity as to which the effects are still being felt globally has gone without any form of even opening talks toward the repair process....

Not only did the JEws get their reparations..... the SLAVEMASTERS themselves received billions of dollars in compensation after the 'abolition' of slavery. The slaves received nothing but Jim Crow.......400 years of mental programming...... and no de-programming or anything to counter the Inter-generational psychological and physical effects of PTSD. This is paramount, in addition to the economic and land ownership argument

Naturally people want to protect what they have. But thats no excuse like the I say.

Take football / soccer for example..... the current champions of the UK Manchester City (and MCR United) official logo and kit still has a slave ship as the central piece. These institutions were built directly off of money from slavery. Much like Brown University, the list is endless...

At the event with Sister Esther this weekend I hope the focus will be on the need for opening talks toward the repair process on an international government-level, debt cancellation to the affected African and Carribean countries, educational changes, and talks into land reforms and ownership. Also, i'l keep the Idem updated as to the CARICOM St Vincent lead court case. FYI the lawyers they are using are English, and the same ones who got them Kenyans their money. Also, many white/English people AGREE with the idea of reparations, this isnt a white-black thing.

(THANKYOU FOR DEFLECTING THE TOPIC BACK TO ITS ORIGIN)

HAILE SELASSIE I

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 58

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I