Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=5713&start_row=1

REPARATIONS DEBATE HEATING UP

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 58
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 6/15/2014 12:44:18 PM

OK

So for all keeping track, a few months back the CARICOM nations lead by St Vincent and the Grenadines put a case forward against the European nations for Reparations. They are using LDN based lawyers to fight the case. The UK have been the first, and so far the only nation to publicly come out and OPPOSE this case saying they will have nothing to do with it (even though legally they will still have to prove this)

Esther Stanford is one of the advocates for reparations in the UK and last month in response to the recent events, a discussion was held on UK TV. I'm going to see her at an event in the UK next week re:the same issue.

Here is a clip from the TV show which aired recently. Esther is the Empress first to speak. What the I dem think of this debate? Was it fair? Were some of the arguments racist or ignorant? or were they fair and informed?

Messenger: VoodooRuutz Sent: 6/15/2014 8:06:48 PM

I dig Sis Esther, for d men wha responded they were "typical", and dat one lady playin devils advocate was typical also from what she stated about her family. D last fellow I dig him too. I notice d debate move on quickly once Sis Esther bought up d billions given to support d Israeli state. Sis Esther made a great point thru d question, why is it so hard to give justice to African people, or we not HUEMAN????

Messenger: Jah Dub Sent: 6/17/2014 4:22:06 PMHidden - Foolishness
View Message  Reply

Messenger: Jah Dub Sent: 6/17/2014 4:38:58 PMHidden - Foolishness
View Message  Reply

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 6/17/2014 6:33:46 PM

I'm not going to grace that argument with a response. This is a pro-reparations thread Jah Dub. Take your views elsewhere or keep them to the iself from its slavemaster babylon you a defend.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 6/17/2014 6:35:40 PM

This movement is moving and babylon can't stop it a b/c

Messenger: Path Walker Sent: 6/17/2014 7:58:11 PM

http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=5687&start_row=11

Jah Dub I would encourage you to check out that thread, more specifically the article linked to in the first post.

Messenger: Jah Dub Sent: 6/18/2014 12:53:23 AMHidden - Foolishness
View Message  Reply

Messenger: Jah Dub Sent: 6/18/2014 3:19:10 AMHidden - Foolishness
View Message  Reply

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 6/18/2014 5:05:10 AM

VoodooRuutz

the I said: 'dat one lady playin devils advocate was typical also from what she stated about her family.'

^She was the WORST. Her arguments didn't even make sense, just because her 'daddy was a millionaire.' Lol I watched this with I grandmother (and elder / guru) who said she wouldn't be surprised if she talking like that because she 'shares her bed with an englishman' which make i laugh........Why is there always an uncle tom/coon/sellout house Naga amongst us who wants to fight progress? I overstand why white people may feel defensive / protective / ashamed / awkaward and not want to hear the case for reparations but from black people........ You know what H.Tubman would have done with them?

Maybe she not the worst though, that stiff-neked posh talking Englishman from the opposite side seemed to talk like the Devil himself.

They tried to gang up and back Esther into a corner but she came out swinging with the spirit of Nzinga

Haile I

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 58

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I