Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=5699&start_row=11

rural development without urbanisation

1 - 1011 - 15
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Sister Sent: 6/4/2014 5:16:55 PM

I say too much contrast between city and country. Both have benefits, country means connecting to the living world, space, clean air, more freedom - city means opportunities, culture, people, choices, accessible amenities. Not knowing one results in naivity to the other. Many people live their lives from generation to generation in one place thinking this is the only how it is, city ppl see country ppl as backward and basic, country ppl see city ppl as shallow and materialistic. Where the boundaries can be broken down then the alternatives to babylon culture will be more accepted for what they are - viable and valuable. I agree with the teaching of useful lifeskills, knowledge in the peoples hand so people can support one another beyond institutions.

Messenger: JAH Child Sent: 6/4/2014 7:04:37 PM

Seen Iyah Sister. Take the best from both, but give a choice still for ones who want land completely unindustrialized.
Iman Jahcub, the explanation makes it clearer what the Iriginal question meant. Give thanks Idren for clarifying. Iwombman agree w the I in full! Rastafari-led schools and health centers are needed in all parts of the world, rural or concrete!! And this is a very personal Iviction for Iwombman as I&I were chatting up on recently.
Iwombman prefer rural but not extremely secluded living. But others of course have different preferences.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 6/4/2014 10:14:56 PM

I sight some a integrationist some a separationist. Some a reformer some a revolutionary.

Messenger: jessep86 Sent: 6/6/2014 4:17:03 AM

I must speak up for the wild animals, who for thousands of years had great migrations across all continents.....now impossible, as impassable are major highways and citys,fences.....

Humans, care only for their own species.....and that's only sometimes......

The food chain is messed up, endangered species, extinct species because of man, the ocean life is greatly endangered to and much extinction since 1940s.....

It's the post industrial age that has wrecked havoc upon creation, realigning it apart, exploiting it, all for the pleasure of mankind's selfishness. They don't know INI creation is one , INI one heart, destroy them we destroy parts our selves...

I see integrating, and city's being in more harmony, Rastafari leading the way, INI see a livity Incient but modern high tech.

I give thanks for the words. Has any one seen a Eartyship? There are community's....there aim is self sufficient, grow all own food, make own clothes....own Unique art and music and ways grow also....culture

The earth ships are made out of trash like tires and glass and all water is recycled from sink to toilet to filteration to garden....no waste...
Use solar panels and wind mills for electricity.....

www.earthship.com

". . . the Earthship is the epitome of sustainable design and construction.
No part of sustainable living has been ignored in this ingenious building."

Www.leadership.com

Messenger: jessep86 Sent: 6/6/2014 4:29:35 AM

Www.earthship.com

1 - 1011 - 15

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I