Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=5698&start_row=1

1 - 1011 - 12
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Bobobinghi Jahcub Sent: 6/3/2014 4:45:04 PM

Greetings and Itinual blessings
Iman became aware that a lot of rasta specifically Bobos wear different colour turbans,Iman just wondered if any of the Is knew the specific colours for each day and why its that colour. Example white on Saturday for Sabbath,white signifies holiness,black on Friday to symbolise the crucifixtion of black yeshua

Iman know 12 tribes have colours for the months,does any of the I know why?

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 6/3/2014 5:28:00 PM

Not too sure about the different different colours but as far as black/white: Its an Ethiopian thing, wear white to signify the purity of the Lord. White has to be worn when taking communion and thing
Black is worn for funeral as you say.

The question is

Who taught these Ethiopian people that Black meant death and White means life or purity? Sounds like that old white supremacy again....

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 6/3/2014 5:30:04 PM

....and I remember a Muta clip where he was reasoning with Ras Michael (Sons of Negus) about the early days of Rastafari (70s) - where Rastas would NEVER wear white..... and burn out other Rastas for wearing white. Take it how you want.....

Maybe some EABIC members could clarify the specific colour scheme of the Bobo today....

Messenger: Bobobinghi Jahcub Sent: 6/3/2014 5:43:14 PM

Seen iya, Iman say each colour bring a certain vibe to each individual,and depending how one is feeling one can dress accordingly, for instance if a one is feeling vex they might wear red, if the sun is shining yellow and/or orange etc

Messenger: JAH Child Sent: 6/3/2014 11:43:01 PM

Iwombman see that the most natural is best; therefore a head wrap that is not bleached or artificially dyed is best all days and nights. As for natural color dyes or black dyes or leaving the cloth natural colored, I&I have no preference or religious knowledge. I&I love the black, red, gold, and green always. Ises to the Most High JAH Ras Tafari. Blessed love.

Messenger: Black Christ Salvation Sent: 6/17/2014 11:52:32 AM

Sunday - Red
Monday - Gold
Tuesday - Green
Wednesday - Purple
Thursday - Blue
Friday - Black
Saturday - White

Messenger: Eleazar Sent: 6/17/2014 1:14:36 PM

Give Thanks for the information my Lord.

Ises unto Emmanuel I Selassie I Jah RasTafarI

Messenger: Bobobinghi Jahcub Sent: 6/17/2014 5:15:57 PM

Blessed love,does the I know what the blue and purple represent

Messenger: royal dawta Sent: 10/11/2015 4:26:54 AM

I can't see the picture black christ salvation posted above and I wud love to so is there perhaps a way of I searching for such image on net cause in here I only see a square wita cross over it ..

Messenger: JAH Child Sent: 5/8/2019 7:14:33 AM

Haile Love
After years later, I come round to this reasoning again. And maybe my views have changed. Although I still act on the same reasoning I gave at that time, I now realize that there may be a reason to wear certain colors at certain times, in alignment with celestial energies perhaps. I wish I would have asked the brother Black Christ Salvation at that time what all of the colors represent and what is the reason for wearing them on a particular day. If anyone has any information on that, please share.
Thankhs

1 - 1011 - 12

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I