Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=5698&start_row=11

1 - 1011 - 12
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 5/8/2019 8:13:07 AM

Wearing particular colors for different reasons is an ancient Afrikan tradition for we know that every color has its own frequency vibration, and corresponds to a particular chakra (or energy center) in your body-temple.

Messenger: JAH Child Sent: 5/8/2019 8:42:15 AM

Yes Goddess!
The vibration of the color has a lot to do with why this topic has been in my thoughts recently.
The question I am wondering is, why wear a certain color on a certain day? Specifically, why in a 7-day rotation? As I am aware, the 7 day week includes days related to 7 celestial bodies:
Sun = Sunday,
Moon = Monday,
Mars = Tuesday,
Mercury = Wednesday,
Jupiter = Thursday,
Venus = Friday,
Saturn = Saturday.
But I am also aware that the ancient Kemetic calendar featured 10 days each week instead of 7. I wonder what those 10 days each aligned to. And I wonder why now there are only 7, and whether the 7 days we experience in rotations are really truly aligned to those 7 bodies. So then the question becomes, why wear colors in a 7 day rotation? Why not a 10 day rotation? Or why not according to one's own feelings and chakra needs/focus for that particular day?
But I know that King Emmanuel Charles Edwards' teachings are highly scientific and supposing that the BoboAshanti colors for each day come straight from his teachings, I imagine there is a good reason for it. So that is what I would like to find out, what is the reason for it?

1 - 1011 - 12

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I