Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=5697&start_row=41

HELL

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 43
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Ras NazIr Sent: 6/3/2014 8:59:23 AM

Here is the Orthodox Jewish Bible NT translation of Revelation 6:8, InI found quite a few things of interest while reading through the Nag Hammadi last night. I will post them when I get home for the day. Til then How the I's sight this translation?

Revelation CH 6

8 And I saw, and, hinei, a sus yerakrak (a greenish pale horse), and the one sitting upon it, that rider’s name was Mavet, and She’ol was following with him. And there was given to them samchut (authority) over a quarter of ha’aretz (the earth), to kill with cherev (sword) and with ra’av (famine) and with mavet (death) and by the chayyot (beasts) of ha’aretz (the earth)

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 6/3/2014 9:19:52 AM

What is the origin of the Orthodox Jewish Bible? It's clear the orthodox 'Jewish' wouldn't allow a Greek word to slip in.

Please remember this about Bible translations:

"The Eastern Orthodox Church officially uses the Septuagint, the Greek Old Testament which was translated from the original Hebrew language into Greek in the third century B.C. The Septuagint of the Orthodox Church contains all the Canonical Books and the Anaginoskoinena Books "worthy to be read" (called Apocrypha in the English Versions). For the New Testament, the original Greek text is used by the Greek Church, while the other Orthodox Churches have translated the Bible into their own native languages from the original Greek, with the Slavonic translation the oldest."

So you sight why I try to find the most original source, which unfortunately is often a Greek secondary for the NT.

http://www.biblegateway.com/blog/2011/05/your-response-to-our-question-why-read-the-new-testament-in-greek/

Messenger: Ras NazIr Sent: 6/3/2014 9:24:47 AM

Seen King. InI will look into it and see if I can locate the origin.

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 43

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I