Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=5693&start_row=21

Original weed vs mix crossed weed

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 25
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: covenant_nazarite Sent: 6/10/2014 8:54:32 AM

What are The Iyahs Opinion on wax and other kinds of hash?

Messenger: MELCHEZIDEK Sent: 6/10/2014 4:01:24 PM

Blessed Iree

Fyah

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 6/14/2014 8:15:00 AM

FINALLY

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-latin-america-27827678

Years after Peter Tosh and countless others lobbied for the legalization of marijuana thru songs, the Jamaican government has approved the decriminalization of small amounts of ganja.

This means that when the law comes into effect, there will be no criminal penalty for possession of ganja for quantities of up to two ounces.

This was announced by Justice Minister Senator Mark Golding at a press briefing Thursday.

For years there have been calls from a wide cross section of Jamaicans for the decriminalization of ganja.

Organizer of the Reggae Film Festival, Barbara Makeda Blake-Hannah who has championed the cause for many years is delighted by the move, but has some serious questions for government.

00:0000:59
Entertainer Bushman says the decriminalization of a small amount of ganja is the best move the Jamaican government has made for a while.

00:0000:48
Cabinet approved certain changes to the law relating to ganja for personal use, the smoking of ganja in private places and the use of ganja for medicinal purposes.

Approval was also given for the proposed decriminalization for religious uses.

Under the proposed changes, the dangerous drugs act will be amended to make possession of small quantities of ganja a ticket violation.

This will attract instead, a monetary penalty which will be payable outside the court system and will not carry a criminal penalty.

Messenger: Ras NazIr Sent: 6/14/2014 9:25:57 AM

Yes I. InI saw that yesterday. FINALLY. Maybe the rest of the world will take note and InI can finally be able to legally grow JAH herb in I locale. Even though it come with restrictions it is still a victory for Good over eVILE. One of these days, we may or may not see it, Herb will be accepted Iverywhere. Hopefully it will be sooner not later.

Selassie I

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 6/14/2014 9:47:01 AM

^^Believe you me this is a BIG step in the right direction. Peter Tosh made them song in the 70s look how long it take.....

A few issues still surround like: Nothing has been mentioned about the law re:Ganja farmers.....and this ticket/charge thing has to go.

But THANKS BE TO JAH.

Booking my ticket home

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 25

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I