Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=5669&start_row=11

Natural Healing Wisdom

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 100
101 - 110111 - 120121 - 130131 - 140141 - 150151 - 160161 - 170171 - 180181 - 190191 - 200
201 - 210211 - 220221 - 230231 - 240241 - 250251 - 260261 - 270271 - 280281 - 290291 - 293
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Ras NazIr Sent: 5/15/2014 8:24:17 AM

Yes Iya. More dairy is said to CAUSE mucus problems. NOT help with mucus problems. So if some increase the dairy intake it will also produce more mucus. Among other reasons aswell that are known to cause mucus problems.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 5/15/2014 8:27:24 AM

Seen, you a deal with cause, a misinterpret. Iman cut all dairy out of I diet.

Interesting to sight what other teas the I recommend when you get time

GUIDANCE

Messenger: Ras NazIr Sent: 5/15/2014 4:02:20 PM

Greetings All in the name of the most I Haile Selassie I

Here are a few herb suppliers that will have most Iverything that InI list in the reasoning thread.

https://wholesale.starwest-botanicals.com/

https://www.mountainroseherbs.com/policies/bulk-buying

http://www.thespicehouse.com/spices-by-category/certified-organic-herbs-and-spices

http://www.countrysun.com/retailer/store_templates/shell_id_1.asp?storeID=D51F5C28A6CD4D2BA22F22F3D576EA94

@JAH Child, InI am still looking up the comparison between Sweet Potato and Yams. InI am not having much luck as of yet, but as always the search will Itinue, Intil I find something of use.
As for the difference between toasting bread and just regular bread, the books say this:
When bread is toasted it lowers some of the nutritional value but when used for treating certain illnesses, it dries the bread. When the bread has been dried a little, this will help to remove mucus, stomach acid, excess salivation, excess moisture in the digestive system, and helps to soak up nutrients which aids in delivery into the system. The bread should be slightly toasted (not brown or black) as this will help retain the utmost nutritional value. Non-Toasted bread can, in certain circumstances, cause acid reflux (indigestion).

Here are some Teas that may be beneficial in the Post Nasal Drip condition.

Cardamom seed Tea
Enchinacea Root Tea
Flax Seed Tea
Cannabis/Hemp Tea
Earl Grey Black Tea (Use in moderation as too much Bergamot can be bad, Also has High Caffeine so best used in the morning)
Goldenseal Root Tea
Green Tea (I personally use this all day)
Horehound Leaf and Flower tea (Have NO MORE than 1-2 cups per day for 4-6 weeks)
Oregon Grape Root Tea

Nasal Wash is a procedure of rinsing the entire nasal tract with a salt water solution. Doing this clears sinus congestion and infections, allergies, stuffy nose, difficulty breathing through nose, sore throat, and sinus/throat infections. Best if done preventatively in the morning, or in case of infection several times a day depending on the severity of infection.

To do a nasal wash, you will need a water container with a small spout(neti-pot, small watering can, bulb syringe, squeeze bottle, or turkey baster). Fill with saltwater, ½ t-spoon salt to every 2 cups of water. Place spout into nostril while tilting head to the opposite side. Slowly pour into nostril while ensuring that the water runs out the opposite side (adjust as needed). Repeat on other side when clear. One may need to alternate sides until the nose and sinuses are completely clear. May also need to blow nose during this procedure to ensure all the mucus that is loosened is expelled. This may take multiple sessions in order to fix the nasal drip. Best if used in conjunction with herbal teas. Make sure to mix the salt in the water when the water is hot. Allow water to cool, but not to be cold. The water should still be warm, but not hot. If the solution needs to be stronger an herbal tea may be added to the saltwater solution.

Messenger: JAH Child Sent: 5/16/2014 10:05:00 AM

Seen Iyahs. Give thanks for the info; that makes sense about the bread. Still, I do not usually eat bread at all. I do not trust wheat these days.
Still interested to know the difference between yam & sweet potato!
GA Iman know, Iwombman do not follow Torah. Regardless of what those scriptures say, I would not be eating rabbit! I was asking about rabbit because I sIght Ras NazIr does try to follow Torah.
Blessed love Iternally.

Messenger: Path Walker Sent: 5/16/2014 2:59:04 PM

InI curious what properties Birch has? One of I dogs been eating a lot of the young branches and I've seen dogs medicate themselves in the past, wondering if it might be the case this time too.

Messenger: Ras NazIr Sent: 5/16/2014 3:05:34 PM

Birch (betula lenta) the bark of this tree is the source of commercial wintergreen oil since the chemistry, properties, and fragrance of both oils are the same. Birch relieves muscular and arthritic pain, Softens skin, soothes irritation and psoriasis, and eliminates dandruff. While people tend to associate birch scent with medicine or candy, it can be toxic in large amounts, so use carefully.

Messenger: Path Walker Sent: 5/16/2014 3:25:18 PM

Thanks for the info, this dog had some skin issues last year around this time (no birch eating) and he's been fine this year. Not 100% conclusive proof of course but I've seen stranger things. Nature knows how to take care of her own.

Blessings

Messenger: Ras NazIr Sent: 5/16/2014 4:34:09 PM

Headaches/Migraines

Many headaches are cause by poor circulation to the head, aswell as poor diet. Rub peppermint oil mixed half and half with safflower oil or lavender oil on the temples, be very careful to avoid contact with eyes. Peppermint oil contains menthol which promotes blood circulation. Lavender oil has relaxing properties that can promote rest and reduce headaches. Take a 50mg of Niacin together with a B complex to promote blood flow to the head and ease a headache. Rosemary Tea is helpful in treating headaches. Fever-few is often useful in stopping migraines quickly. Follow directions on the bottle.

Rosemary is a treatment for tension headaches (the throbbing type that usually comes with the gritting of teeth or the squinting and straining of eyes.

Chamomile Teas are also used as a treatment for headaches. A cup or two of Chamomile Tea in the morning can be used as a preventative measure throughout the day. One can also use Chamomile throughout the day as there are no known harmful side effect from this herb. Chamomile is a mild sedative which relieves tension and help to reduce stress.

Muscle contraction Headaches can develop from muscle tension in the jaw, spreading to the sides of the head and/or to the forehead. Headaches can also develop from the tension in the neck and shoulders. This is mostly the cause for headaches at the back of the neck or the base of the skull. This type of tension is usually coming from poor posture. Biofeedback monitoring of muscle tension can help create awareness and can help develop the skills to relax these specific muscle groups.

For chronic headaches/migraines monitor for the triggers of them and avoid that stimulus. Some of these factors can include Diet, constipation, fluid intake (not enough water), exposure to environmental toxins, stress levels, etc. Note this is not all and will vary from person to person. Sometimes it may come from vertebrae out of alignment in the neck and back, so a visit to a chiropractor may be all that is needed.

If the headache/migraine is already there then try some of these tips in conjunction with the above recommendations.

A hot foot bath, or alternate between hot and cold.

Place a COLD cloth over the head and face. This may work better when used in conjunction with the hot foot bath. Aswell as chamomile tea and peppermint/lavender oil on the temples.

Increase fiber in the diet.

Eliminate caffeine from diet.

Tobacco is a constrictor of blood vessels.

Take a few hits of a Indica/Sativa hybrid. Note DO NOT use papers or tobacco wraps. Use only a pipe/chalice and take a few hits (2-5 depending on tolerance and strength of the Herb) at a time. Give it about 20-40 minutes before taking anymore.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 5/18/2014 6:29:03 AM

The Great Physician International

The part about castor oil is absolute right and correct.... works magic.

Messenger: JAH Child Sent: 5/19/2014 1:08:31 PM

Garveys Africa, I&I only see a blank box here. Is it a video?

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 100
101 - 110111 - 120121 - 130131 - 140141 - 150151 - 160161 - 170171 - 180181 - 190191 - 200
201 - 210211 - 220221 - 230231 - 240241 - 250251 - 260261 - 270271 - 280281 - 290291 - 293

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I