Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=5669&start_row=101

Natural Healing Wisdom

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 100
101 - 110111 - 120121 - 130131 - 140141 - 150151 - 160161 - 170171 - 180181 - 190191 - 200
201 - 210211 - 220221 - 230231 - 240241 - 250251 - 260261 - 270271 - 280281 - 290291 - 293
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Ras NazIr Sent: 6/5/2014 1:51:51 PM

There is so much one can do to expand on the cough syrup recipe. One could add ginger. Or for day time syrup add some ginseng root powder. Or night time chamomile will help. This is just the basic recipe. Later on InI can/will add more that someone could add to this most basic of recipe, in order for one to customize it as needed.

Messenger: JAH Child Sent: 12/10/2014 7:41:49 PM

Iwombman find it relevant to share on this thread:
I have had a lot of relief from menstrual pain through the use of cramp bark and dandelion root teas. I also have been using a topical cannabis extract w coconut and lavender oils, which warms and relaxes the abdomen muscles. I used to vomit from the pain, and this has not happened since using the teas. I hope any wombman with the same issue will be helped by knowing this!
Bless. Give thanks JAH herbs.

Messenger: Black heart Sent: 12/10/2014 9:32:17 PM

Giv thanks sista. Blessed ital medicine

Messenger: Humble one Sent: 12/16/2014 2:11:42 PM

Dear all,

The best defence against illnesses such as coughs and colds is without doubt keeping the body clean from the inside. If it is clean from the inside, all organs can do their job as JAH designed it and a person will not become ill in any form (not just coughs or colds).

Clean= something JAH created
Dirty = something the Babylon system created

Organic fruits and vegetables are the cleanest things that we can buy or grow here in Babylon. Wild food is even better, because man has not touched it. If one bases their diet on these they should not contract illness, BUT they actually have to do it!! I hear many people claim that these things do not work, because they have tried them ONCE, and returned to the poison. IF you actually do it, it works.

However, specific cough medicines from JAH herbs can be very useful.

I always do things in combination.

1) I take ginseng root daily. This is perhaps the best cold defence
2) I take a teaspoon full of olive oil whenever there is flu in the air. This produces a strong burning sensation in the back of the throat; this is become it is extremely powerful as a decongestant and the sensation is followed by easy breathing. This is more effective than you would think - try it! It really is one of the best things you can take
3) I take Echinacea daily
4) I grow my own Aloes. I eat a large chunk daily.
5) I eat around 4 cloves of raw Garlic per day. This is a good defence.
5) (most importantly) I eat clean ITal

Since doing these things, I have never had a cough or cold, BUT in order for them to work you must do them.

More importantly than defending against coughs or colds though is that doing these things will strengthen your spiritual vision.

To conclude, the best defence is prevention. But specifically for colds, Ginseng, olive oil and Garlic are some of the best treatments that JAH has to offer,

All the best,

Joe

Messenger: JAH Child Sent: 12/16/2014 2:16:12 PM

Love and thanks for the suggestions and information King!

Messenger: Black heart Sent: 12/16/2014 11:10:57 PM

Ises Humble one. I give thanks fe de I sharin & iledge in Ital healin & nourishment. However I must seh dat de issue of illness is more complicated than de I pressent it. When one has a healthy body free from any illness de common mistake dat is made is to think one is resistant to diseases. Anada common misconception amongst Rastas is dat one who eat ital don't get sick yet dat ain't true. Diseases were also created by Almighty just like de herbs fo I & I ital healin. How realy de I eat aloe?

Messenger: VoodooRuutz Sent: 12/17/2014 10:47:32 PM

Wha make AllMighty make dis'ease fa I?
Wha ya a say, AllMighty don't love I?

Messenger: Black heart Sent: 12/18/2014 2:59:03 AM

My Lord many diseases are caused by other livin creatures. those creatures are also iration beins just like de I. Almighty created death just like Almighty create birth. Almighty also created de devil. De body can't be at ease fo eva but it haffe get diseased one day to allow mortal stage. So what realy de I implyin

Messenger: Humble one Sent: 12/18/2014 3:24:36 AM

Dear Black Heart,

You asked how I eat the Aloe. I just eat a big chunk. I don't change it in any way. I have a lot of space in my greenhouse so I have some massive ones (full size of about 1m wide and quite tall too in really large pots). I grow them on a mass scale, as I root the offsets for new plants. When I say I eat a fraction of a leaf this is actually a lot! The leaves are massive. I cut a chunk off the leaf with a knife. Each whole leaf (can be 2-3ft long) may take 2 weeks to eat. Growing them as I do, I have a constant supply of living Aloe. They are really easy to grow given that they are kept dry in cold weather and you don't let them freeze.

The aloe is renowned as being the most bitter natural substance on the earth. Traditionally, bitters are used do things fast. This is like, if you had a really bitter friend, they would always tell things to you exactly as they are. (you may not like it but you know the truth faster). There is no sweet talk. It is the outer green leaf that is really bitter; the inner gel is less bitter. I eat the whole thing. It takes getting used to, but now it does not taste bitter to me (after years of eating it).

The aloe is also renowned as being perhaps the most dramatic plant for detox. This is also true, which is why it can be extremely laxative. BUT, this is only if your body is toxic. If your body is completely pure, then there are not many toxins to get rid of. Toxins cloud the vision. This is the good thing about Aloe; it acts quick. If you need to get rid of toxins because your body is impure, then it really blasts through you.

Most people's bodies are toxic who are living in this system. So they take the aloe once and it causes unbearable diarrhoea; it is like a person is stepped so far into a lake that they are drowning in the water, but Aloe quite dramatically pulls them back. So they never take it again.

When you take it, you need to know that if it causes an extreme laxative action, this is a good thing as your body needs to be purified. Eventually, if you continue it will not be so laxative as your body is pure.

At least, I eat it like this and (aside from when I first started) I no longer experience these effects as my body is purified. The laxative action is actually purification. At first, if it is too much you could blend it with some fruit.

Some interesting information on the Aloe:

http://rasta1.hubpages.com/hub/Spiritual-Uses-of-The-aloe-Vera-Plant

Before you said that illness cannot ALWAYS be prevented, but herbs are used when inevitably something crops up. From my experience, it is possible to live without illness, if you keep your body pure. Since I have got off the poison that Babylon sells us, I have never been ill. The soul can reside in a pure body, and then you can see more things. But I cannot speak for others. What are others thoughts on this?

Thanks for everyone contribution,

All the best,

Joe

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 12/18/2014 9:35:20 AM

I agree blackheart. Most disease are caused by pathogens such as virus or bacteria which are LIVINg organisms and therefore created by the same Almighty. A man can be as pure as he wish, but when that mosquito filled with Dengue or Malaria bite you..... what you ate last week will no longer hold any relevance. You then have GENETIC disease which mean you can live as clean as you wish (once more) but if you are prone to something then its only a matter of time, cite the diet given to WE in slavery as a major factor as to why the Maafa are more prone to diabetes / hypertension than their African-homeland counterparts; even if they dont eat a sweet-sweet diet. It definitely is more complicated than ones often make out; Italists, Rastafari included, everyone can get sick, the body is only designed to last for a time..... (show me a 90+ year old who is disease "free")
We can try our best to prevent illness, but to suggest one has reached da stage where a man cannot get ill......... is a misoverstanding. Just like man and man who claim they cannot get hurt by bullet

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 100
101 - 110111 - 120121 - 130131 - 140141 - 150151 - 160161 - 170171 - 180181 - 190191 - 200
201 - 210211 - 220221 - 230231 - 240241 - 250251 - 260261 - 270271 - 280281 - 290291 - 293

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I