Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=5644&start_row=21

In some Ethiopian Churches.....

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 44
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: RAS-NATE-1995 Sent: 5/7/2014 5:37:12 AM

^Yes I.

I found the image by searching through google Black Christ images.This image immediately caught I eye,so I cheked some info on it...

Here is a reasoning about this pic I just came across:

Check this out>>>

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 5/7/2014 7:01:07 AM

Give thanks!

I found this from the link you gave....

HAILE SELASSIE: IN HIS IMAGE by St. Paco
Category: Religion and Philosophy

"As much reggae as I listen to, a lot of the politics, history, and chronology has always been unclear to me. IN HIS IMAGE is very comprehensive and right on."
- Martin Wong, Giant Robot Magazine

IN HIS IMAGE: HAILE SELASSIE, BOB MARLEY AND THE SECOND COMING OF CHRIST

Inspired by a stunning sixth-century icon of Christ housed by St. Catherine's Monastery (Sinai, Egypt) and its startling rememblance to former Ethiopian Emperor Haile Selassie I, the man believed by millions to have been the re-embodiment of the Biblical Messiah, St. Paco offers and intriguing essay in book form--An ambitious text that delves into the history of both ancient and modern Ethiopia, examines the origin of Jamaica's Rastafai faith, explores the devotion of believers like the late reggae artist Bob Marley, and redefines the face of the Christian God.

Teaser: "The uncanny resemblance between the image of Christ painted on the weathered wooded slab and the former Ethiopian Emporer was haunting. Equally as haunting were the sweeping waves of recollection baptizing my memory; the legendary prophecy credited to Marcus Garvey, the scriptures likening Haile Selassie to the Messiah, and a convergence of events seventy years ago that converted several thousand Christianized Jamaicans into believers that the emperor of Ethiopia and the Messiah of the Bible were one and the same. And the longer I gazed at the strange and ancient portrait, the greater grew my cause to ponder whether the Rastas had been right."

Messenger: VoodooRuutz Sent: 5/7/2014 7:16:39 AM

Give thANKHs Ras Nate, dat d image I speak of in I reasoning, still have to find I source but it said Josephus describe Yshua in similaraity as HIM, but was removed from d text d version I have don't have it. If d Is interested ones ca look up "EPAPHRODITUS" Josephus publisher d one seated holding a book. I look up Selassie Jesus pics and aside by side came up.

Bless Up!!

Messenger: Ras NazIr Sent: 5/7/2014 8:07:48 AM

Iya Garvey's Africa, InI had never heard of that picture before. I just went and looked at it. WOW!!!!!! that is AMAZING.

ThANKHs for that information.

Praise HIM. JAH RastafarI

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 5/7/2014 9:27:43 AM

Saint Augustine, 354-430, the African early Church leader.....wrote his 'Retractions' in 426, desiring "to compile and point out all those things which displease me in my works."

Chapter 12, part 3:

"For what is now called the Christian religion existed even among the ancients and was not lacking from the beginning of the human race until 'Christ came in the flesh'. From that time, true religion, which already existed, began to be called christian. ... For this reason, I said: 'In our times, this is the Christian religion,' not because it did not exist in Former times, but because it had received this name in later times"

Messenger: Ras NazIr Sent: 5/7/2014 9:41:53 AM

How do InI post pictures? Iveryone need to see the 2 pics Iman have.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 5/7/2014 9:59:49 AM

+ + img= ....enter link here... + +

^^With no spaces. Share them king

Messenger: Ras NazIr Sent: 5/7/2014 10:09:51 AM

ThANKHs Iya, Iman was not sure seeing as some sites are different.

Picture from St. Catherines Monastery, Sinai Egypt

His Imperial Majesty Haile I Selassie I JAH RASTAFARI

Haile Selassie IS THE Chapel. The ONLY TRUE King of Kings. RastafarI

Messenger: VoodooRuutz Sent: 5/7/2014 10:54:05 AM

I don't kno Iyahs but I cnt post pics and links don't where to enter the links but there is a pic wit a side by side of Selassie I and the Pancorator that shows the ones more clear if one of the I find it one ca post. Www.mediahouse.wordpress.com has it, also post Bro Ashra Kwesi video ill have find which one and get back wit d Is or one ca find it

Give thANKHs

Messenger: Path Walker Sent: 5/7/2014 1:38:01 PM

I would reason that the worship of any man made image is wrong regardless of its accuracy. I don't agree with a lot of the bible but I follow the commandments.

We don't need to make an image of something that can be seen everywhere.

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 44

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I