Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=5601&start_row=11

Kemetic Origins of Creation

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 22
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Ark I Sent: 4/9/2014 11:16:05 PM

Don't worry about people who want to believe that, people believe all sorts of things. I Give Thanks to Selassie I for causing I to grow up going to a church where the priest spoke Greek, so I didn't get indoctrinated by the their beliefs. I parents are Serbian Orthodox and the only Orthodox church in the place I grew up was a Greek Orthodox church.

I Learned about RasTafarI as a teenager and in 1991 (age 15) I realized that I was RasTafarI and started building I Irits. I started reading the Bible and what I saw in it was a history book along with Iritual knowledge, I never thought of it as actually being dictated by God. As I mentioned before, I see the Righteous Teachings as being Inspired by God, but not any single book as a whole being dictated by HIM. When reading it, it doesn't even appear to be presented as being dictated by God, except for some small parts here and there.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 4/9/2014 11:35:04 PM

A true talk

+I honestly see little wrong in ones wanting to associate with the Israelite identity, as long as it doesn't detract from their holistic overstanding of their roots and culture. I was brought up RC as a youth. And surrounded by many baptist Christian literalists, as Africans. This often caused (and still does) a conflict in self knowledge, and identity crisis.

But a true still

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 4/10/2014 12:13:39 AM

Yes I, it is a shame that people look at their history and roots as evil because of their religion. RasTafarI Trod didn't Teach I to cast away I history, instead it taught I to seek it out and Learn it, as far in history as I could find, including that before Christianity. People should never hate themselves.

Messenger: RasTafarIWork Sent: 4/10/2014 5:10:09 PM

It is true the biblical story of creation in Genesis 1 is truly similar to the account from the Hieroglyphic of Egyptian tradition.
The Meruba, inspired through the sacred caligraphy in the writings from egypt/nubia/aethiopia is clear evidence.
Aleph is ultimatly inspired by the pictogram of an ox head. Today, Aleph is the letter A, which looks like a picture of an inverted ox head?
Most of the latin/greak letters are 'transformed' from demotic or hierolyphics?
The word Atom is in fact the egyptian god Atum & the two have strickingly similar atributes.
Have anyone here read the book Stolen Legacy?

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 4/10/2014 6:59:12 PM

Stolen legacy by George GM James a must read. Isis rasta

Messenger: VoodooRuutz Sent: 4/10/2014 8:00:06 PM

ATUM-Atom, Yes I, I never see dat one, a good reasoning tho! ATUM/Atom cud have a play in "Adam" also as d letter or sound "D" in Hebrew becomes "T" in Kemet. Adam-ATUM, Adon'ai-ATEN/ATON, Dawud (David)-TWT (TUT). King Solomon/Shalomo (King of Peace)- AMEN'HOTEP' (AMEN IS IN PEACE) KING OF PEACE!

Give ANKHS fa dat one RastafariWork

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 4/11/2014 10:29:14 AM

^^Hmm, and not far fetched being that Atum was mentioned from pre-dynastic times up until the New Kingdom. Atum was a Heliopolis creation deity, being from LOWER Egypt (near modern Cairo) which was the main place of Foreign influence / multiculturalism. So if any plagiarising 'Hebrews' or Romans alike were to enter Egypt and be exposed to any of the Kemetic deities it would likely be those from in and around Lower Egypt...

The Heliopolis story of creation is different to the one i mentioned up top (Hermopolis) with the A-N-K-H gods. That was from more nearer to Upper Egypt.

The name Atum means 'the complete one' creating HIMSELF from the primordial waters of Nun/Naunet. One source puts him as "the underlying substance of the world." Interesting as we know ADAM means 'from the earth' (Adamah). Adam being the first man, Atum being the first god / creator of other deities...... more than a few similarities.

Haile-I

As far as Atum / ATOM..... The etymology of Atom is from the GREEK (no suprises there) A-temnō; which means A-divide/cut, in other words 'indivisible.'

Indivisible-ATOM? Underlying substance-ATUM? Etymology from the Hellenistic Greeks?..... again, more than a few inter-connections, up to the I-dem to infer.

Blessed Love

Messenger: JAH Child Sent: 4/11/2014 4:37:08 PM

Blessed reasoning Idren.
"The name Atom means 'complete one'..." this seems like an ancient way of describing the atomic particle, being a complete one unit of matter. And in the Genesis creation story, Adam the man created from dust, yes this sounds like ancient description of people being composed of atoms.
Is it possible that these stories are the ancestors' ways of explaining biological science?
Blessed love I&I.

Messenger: MELCHEZIDEK Sent: 4/11/2014 6:35:03 PM

Ark I Sent:

I am just saying that it could have been part of their stories before they had any interaction with Egypt, and before Abraham.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Blessup brother. Praise Jah. Yah man I and I should not throw our roots away, for a tree without roots can't give fruits. I think they gots their stories from the Ethiopians, because God is an Ethiopian, and Ethiopia is ancient in the history and the world. The Egyptians and Israelites, as well as the Greeks, all got their knowledge from Ethiopia.

Blessed I and I Most High God

JAH RAS TAFARI

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 4/11/2014 7:00:35 PM

^^Welcome forward again King.

Everything stem from Ithiopia
Ithiopia a de root and we deal in Ithiopian Roots and Culture
The knowledge of Kemet cometh from the South.

Blessed.

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 22

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I