Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=560&start_row=21

new dreads

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 26
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Ras ElIjah Sent: 1/15/2005 10:37:09 AM

Are you kidding me do you not understand english what just happened was what I said I learned my own way about it but like I said everyone has their own way of doing things, but Im fed up with having to correct myself so I am no longer reasoning on the board, I know how I am soppose to live and I know myself and is all that is needed.

Im not getting upset over this but it seems that all we do is bicker and when I is reasoning with people in person words dont get crossed and everything is everything.

By the way Harold & Kumar Go To White Castle is awesome!

Bye,
Ras ElIjah

Messenger: the rock Sent: 1/15/2005 12:23:57 PM

i wish we were in person.(reasoning). for you to ask me do i know english says to me that you are in on someother shit ,but thats cool, i was not talkig to to you to begin with,this is not a game,i see what you said and then i post what i feel.

Messenger: the rock Sent: 1/15/2005 6:11:21 PM

seen

Messenger: JosephI Sent: 1/20/2005 8:21:25 PM

Greetings Yes I bredren-

A couple points fe ya new natty....Patience, patience, patience!
InI started my dreads 1 year ago and only in the last 4-6 months have they really started to lock up. I-man is 1/2 irish and 1/2 Colombian...my hair was wavy and "kinky" curly...I-man had to use the back-combing technique from the DreadHead web site...yikes! painful!
I found that twisting, finger-rolling and hand rolling helped....and some dread wax...
I-man was told that the best thing for dreads was "sleep"....hmmmm...
InI shopped around fe a while for dread products...currently Iman use "Knotty boys" shampoo...only has tea tree, rosemary, no conditioners and nothing artificial...The same people dem also make a spray for InI scalp which has grapefruit extract, lemon, peppermint....
May Jah Bless I
One Love, Joseph I

Messenger: Doctor Binghi Sent: 2/12/2005 2:00:37 PM

Yes I. Time is the answer.. Everyone grows dreadlocks naturally. If it's for fasion, and they have to look a certain way... I don't know. But if it's for reasons of spirituality or nature, a good rule of thumb is, the more you wash your hair, the faster it'll knot up (wash, don't condition or comb) Use oils to annoind your head, and just let nature do it's thing. If your hair is long enough, you can't prevent it from locking...... I'd be constantly fighting nature, and ripping out more hair that you would want to.
Respect, Ras

Messenger: Doctor Binghi Sent: 2/12/2005 3:06:01 PM

By the way, my hair was as straight as can be, and fine. My blood is mostly Irish as well. Bottom line: Jah created us all, only minor differences remain, but no-one's hair is meant not to lock, seen? Just wash it, annoint it, and let it grow. It will lock. I guarantee.

Blessed love!

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 26

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I