Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=5597&start_row=1

Spirituality vs Religion

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 22
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: deadbeatpsyche Sent: 4/5/2014 7:55:20 AM

I was wondering what your viewpoints on the validity of Rastafari lifestyle were, if you didn't take the bible or teachings of various figures in the movement literally, and how fluid/open to interpretation they were. I definitely feel spiritual connections to a higher energy but I would not call that energy an allmighty god, not even a being, just the fabric that connects us all as one, that to me is my Jah, what are your thoughts?

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 4/5/2014 8:40:44 AM

whe u mean by the validity?

and which figures in de movement the i dont believe?

Rastafari is not a religon.

Messenger: RAS-NATE-1995 Sent: 4/5/2014 11:31:47 AM

That energy is Haile I Selassie I.With or without the bible.Rasta is all about His Majesty,and nothing can change that.

It's JAH that has made us,and not we ourselves.But people still like to say"energy"or"it",coz they just can't accept that God is a living Man.

Messenger: jessep86 Sent: 4/5/2014 11:44:41 AM

Yeah Jah would not create most amazing vehicle and not drive it , not would Jah make most wonderfully instrument and not play it.....

The greatest vehicle and instrument is human bodie.....

JAH came to dwell with us in truth and glory, to show how INI are to operate this magnificent machinery the human bodie and mind.

JAH RASTAFARI SELASSIE I GUIDES AND SHOWS THE WAY FOR INI HUMANITY

I LET JAH TUNE I , AND WHEN INI SURRENDER TO HIS HANDS JAH PLAYS HEAVENS MUSIC THROUGH I UNTO ZION

"Jah is my driver"

Messenger: VoodooRuutz Sent: 4/5/2014 1:24:59 PM

Blessed! Iman like to say "Energy, Power, Essence, Force, It, Elements, Mother Nature (Medu NTGR), etc... I like not to say God because to I dat limit ones thoughts and limit dis indescribable " " I try to speak of to a certain conception. A lot of times I jus think of this " " as the Highest I whatever dat means but I not like to say Selassie I a Jah or Jah d Most High cuz to I dat is a limit and if I have "God" in I then sayn dat to I exclude I from d "I" within Iself. To I InI are d " " (indescribable) including Selassie I jus dat Selassie I Itune wit d "I" ona much higher level dat InI ca reach tru HIM example and HIM d representative of d " " for InI in dis time jus as Ausar n Heru n Ori in dem time. I like to think " " is beyond human complete conception in dis time or InI Wudnt hav division on ideology n so on da way InI do!!
Itinue Livin n Lovin!!!

Messenger: RAS-NATE-1995 Sent: 4/5/2014 3:00:06 PM

I Raspect the I's Iverstanding and views.

But I will Itinue to chant RasTafarI is the Head Creator and He Himself is the embodiment of JAH.Coz that is the only truth I know.

BLESSED LOVE AND PEACE TO THE I

Messenger: VoodooRuutz Sent: 4/5/2014 4:08:35 PM

Blessed Fyah, dat d glory of d Irituality vs religion. Wit d Irituallity d I deal wit d Irit freely as it show it self to d I vs religion a dictatorship thing. Iman like to think there is no true truth more of a overstandin cuz wha a one sight as truth anudda one say foolish, wha one say Fyah bun a one say truth, so fa I overstanding and a personal Ites from I Higher Self known to ones in dey own ways. I RAspect d I truth and overstandin of d I own truth InI a InI still tru d highest I wha InI connect wit.
More Life Bredda!!!

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 4/5/2014 4:49:40 PM

Still wha know which figures in rasta movement the I feel not to take literally?

I know what you are saying about the life energy

But does the I see Haile Selassie I as The Almighty?

Messenger: zion mountain Sent: 12/22/2014 11:52:24 AM

The difference is,in religion its all about worship,yet in Spirituality,Man is di full manifestation of the nothing reality(consciousness/will)which they call God

Man is Jah when we talk about spirituality.This has been di divine plan from creation,and the main goal for Man to become Ausar(the god-man/woman)

Messenger: JAH Child Sent: 12/22/2014 1:02:29 PM

Well Ixplained brother Tzion Mountain - Aser Zion Mtn, maak Heru.
Thanks + love.

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 22

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I