Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=5592&start_row=1

Beast

1 - 6
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 4/4/2014 10:41:44 AM

the I dem have as many encounters / harassment from the Beast as much as this ya Rasta?

share your past and recent experiences.

Messenger: VoodooRuutz Sent: 4/4/2014 9:29:06 PM

Many time go for employment dey call my name when d lady see me dey look like she a Uni bomber and tell say nothing available. Mostly d obruni dem curiosity but black too, dey always say weh u from u Jamaican, or dey walk up and say yeah mon, sum caribbean fellows aks I, u sure u from here? Well weh ur people from. I most encounters tho is wen dey wan know wat I believe in and dey don't know a thing past Jesus dats wen dey trow hell fire n holy water on I! Dis one gal I deal wit she try find God/Jesus she say I try chat wit she lil bit and she know weh I at wit I so she call I lastnite, say she talk wit dis obruni boy who find Jesus and say to tell I dis and dat so she try tell wit strong conviction wat I need to do n wat I go do. she like Fyah bun on I after I try show her not think like I but do her own thing if dat wat she wan do den jus be real wit don't hipocrate like d most a dem, I don trow Fyah on her but she cum wit Fyah on I. Typical tho Iman know how it wit dat
Blessed King!

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 4/10/2014 3:28:13 PM

Powerful. It can be difficult whe talking to Christians in that way. Especially the daughter them. But them love rasta really....... Man fe turn over as many Christian daughter as possible in this iwa, but a no easy. As far as employment, is a common thing for Blackman to be looked at so. I hope the I can find good employment still if the I still a look. Rasta no criminal and Rasta have mouth fe feed. And hope we can one day rise to the point where we don't need to ask the obruni for job.... As a rasta is like twice as hard. As one binghi put it: as far as discrimination, Rasta coming like the black people of black people. Is really a concept to overstand....

Still,

When I a talk about the Beast, I a talk about POLICE

Is like them tek set on rasta more time. CONtinual harassment, can't do NUTTN. Was going to share my latest story but... *Kmt* maybe nex time...Uno dem vibe deh?

Easy brethren

Messenger: VoodooRuutz Sent: 4/10/2014 8:29:45 PM

Yes I police nem fasho, I was wit d I but weh deh I at is fashion dread wha get harassment fa dey slackness fa things not dealing wit locks jus dat many involved wear dem but dey carry deyself certain way fa da get harassment. But weh I at dey more curious and see Rasta as "cool" cuz all dey think of is Ganja and Yeah Mon but nuff a em saggin pants to fa da get all d harassment!

Iman employed for sum time na tho Give ANKHS, Bless up Iyah!

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 4/10/2014 11:56:15 PM

When I was in university, I and two classmates were smoking a spliff, and two officers came around the corner, and I asked the person who last had the spliff what he did with it and he said he just dropped it on the ground, which was gravel.

One of the officers said that they smelled the ganja, and asked us if we are smoking weed. I had about half an ounce of ganja in I pocket, and knew that if I said no and they looked on the ground they would easily see the spliff, and would definitely search us. So I said yes, and one of the other guys said no. The officer got all puffed up and was going on like "you say no and he says yes, so what is it, you know I could search you", those weren't the exact words, it was something like that and he said other things I can't remember. When I saw him talking about searching us, I needed to distract him to move his thoughts away from searching us, so I say "we were just having a small spliff before class, here look" and I picked up the spliff and showed him.

He dropped the spliff on the gravel and stepped on it and grinded it into the ground with his heal. When he lifted his foot, the gravel was shifted and there was a crater where he grinded his heal, but the spliff was in perfect form as if nothing happened. He placed his foot back on the spliff and didn't move his foot until we left. He went on with his lecture and the other officer checked our names to see if we had any charges and then they let us go.

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 4/11/2014 12:15:12 AM

Years ago I was sitting on the ground in a park with a RasTafarI Idren of mine. I pulled out some ganja, he wanted to roll it, so I gave it to him. He broke it up and was putting it in a rolling paper and an officer started coming toward us on a bicycle, and I Idren asked I what to do with it, I was sitting cross legged and I told him to place the open paper with the herb on the ground just under I leg. The officer came to us and pointed to a bottle beside I and asked I if it was beer, and I said no, it is iced tea and held up the bottle. He then said, do you have any alcohol, and we said no. He then said, so where's the marijuana. I just smiled and said it is at home. He smiled back and said, "ok, have a nice day", and rode off. I wouldn't normally have responded like that, but I could tell from his vibes that I could get away with it.

1 - 6

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I