Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=5576&start_row=1

a wandering person

1 - 6
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: visiondou Sent: 3/24/2014 9:12:38 PM

i want to move from the US after i graduate school, i figure jamaica would be easier on my limited budget to set up in and live if i was to come id be alone and without knowledge would anyone be able to help me set up a life in jamaica

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 3/25/2014 7:31:48 AM

Why Jamaica, what are you looking for? What do you have to offer Jamaica? Or you plan just to use their resource? Have you any family or ancestral ties?

When people move somewhere / repatriate; it wouldn't be wise to do so with an empty hand and no plan / no skills or resources to add to the benefit of the people. Anything else would be Imperialism.

Not saying this applies in your case.

Give thanks,

- and JA can be a paradise, it can also be more danger than hellfire. Be wise.

Messenger: visiondou Sent: 3/25/2014 8:09:09 AM

i hope to live a life without babylon (or as close as i can get) and to learn from the wise what i can not learn where i live. those where i live demonstrate being a rasta means wearing hemp clothes smoking the herb and listening to Marley. i would plan to give back what i take (that still needs some planning though) but the reason i would like jamaica is because africa would probably be less possible of a goal due to money and other factors, and i once had a friend dead now who was from jamaica he was the one who turned me to JAH, and told me jamaica was a better place than here. what would i have to offer is a very good question i personally hadn't thought of, i can till the land and grow my own food but i would have to say what i would have to offer would depend on what i learn here before i go so i cant quite answer that yet so i will admit i am not the most prepared Thank you for opening my mind to the things i still need to think about

Messenger: JAH Child Sent: 3/25/2014 6:12:06 PM

Blessed love and Raspect. Give thanks for the wiseites GA, this is good and true advice.

Messenger: I-ncientYoruba Sent: 3/25/2014 7:00:17 PM

Iman overstand the urge to foward to Jamaica but like Garveys Africa tell the I, the media play a big part in how the I perceive the islands the vibes and people are striving to overcome but this is BECAUSE of the great force Babylon has there you haffi understand Jamaica is a hell to those who can't leave, many youths belly a go empty and late nights you hear the wailing of the people it is a place of sorrow Iya remember the goal is Ifrica I&I cyaan trade a whole continent for an island and there are many Rastafari strongholds in the Motherland my youth and it is truly a blessing if you can live in Shesamane the place set aside for us by His Imperial Majesty so my advice is clear your mind and then pray to the most High for guidance in this matter

Messenger: visiondou Sent: 3/25/2014 8:26:49 PM

i got my information from an old friend who left jamaica, he never told me why but said that it was a great place to live poor or not. i guess that i didnt think to find other opinions on it thank you for the guidance Yoruba

1 - 6

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I