Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=5556&start_row=1

Work, Science and the Modern world

1 - 8
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: MELCHEZIDEK Sent: 3/7/2014 3:11:14 AM

Science is word that means to learn knowledge. The lies taught today in science is by far not science. The bible is science, meaning knowledge and I and I should learn the knowledge of the bible.

"Read and study the Bible"
-Haile Selassie I

"the more one knows the more he realises the need for a prime mover, the need for a Creator, a Creator who is good, and the need for salvation and also for peaceful life upon earth"
-Haile Selassie I ;Interview with Dr. Oswald Hoffman)

I and I should make the world a better place, bun babylon shitstem. I see it that Ras Tafaris should prosper in the modern world and education is the key.

"We believe that the spiritual and moral welfare of Our people is as important as their material well-being"
-Haile Selassie I

"only an educated people can consider itself as really free and master of its fate"
-Haile Selassie I

"Education develops the intellect; and the intellect distinguishes man from other creatures. It is education that enables man to harness nature and utilise her resources for the well-being and improvement of his life. The key for the betterment and completeness of modern living is education."
-Haile Selassie I

What I and I is faced with today in the modern world is challenging. I and I should take into practice the words of His Imperial Majesty Emperor Haile Selassie I

"A well organized education...
It should be one that can help and guide them towards acquiring clear thinking, a fruitful mind, and an elevated spirit."
-Haile Selassie I

Once a person has decided upon his life work and is assured that in doing the work for which he is best endowed and equipped, he is filling a vital need, what he then needs, is faith and integrity, compiled with courageous spirit so that no longer preferring himself to the fulfilment of his task, he may address himself to the problems he must solve in order to be effective.

Rich and poor have always existed and always will.

Why? Because there are those that work and those that don't, those that wish to earn their living and those that prefer to do nothing.

Those that work, that want to work, are not poor. For it is true that Our Lord the Creator sends us into the world as equals, but it is also true that when one is born one is neither rich nor poor. One is naked.

It is later on that one becomes rich or poor, according to one's desserts.

Yes, we too are aware that giving alms serves no useful purpose. For there is only one means to solve the poverty problem. work.

We have said that whoever doesn't work because he doesn't want to is poor. We have said that wealth has to be gained through hard work. We have said those who don't work starve. And now We add that the capacity to earn depends on the individual: Each individual is responsible for his misfortunes, his fate. It is wrong to expect help to fall from above, as a gift: Wealth has to be deserved. Work is one of the commandments of Our Lord the Creator!

-Haile Selassie I

"The prosperity of each individual constitutes the wealth of our nation which will eventually enable us to expand the schools and hospitals we have established for the welfare of our people."
-Haile Selassie I

"Education is the key to success for every citizen, who is expected to serve his country with the dictates of the time. this service will be more fruitful if it is backed by education."

"We can cite as an example here the role of science and technology in agriculture, for through better seeds and fertilizers harvests have been greatly improved and increased."

-Haile Selassie I

"if you face failure, try again and persist in your determination to attain your aim. Develop a healthy pursuit of life and do not limit your efforts to satisfying your selfish desires."

"Our youth, in particular, must be steadfast and take advantage of the benefits of modern civilisation. Do not fall a prey to idleness, for it will be a curse to you and to succeeding generations. You must set yourselves up as examples of determination and hard work. Plan your time and use both your physical and mental powers purposefully and productively."

"We must remember that man's achievements in the field of wireless communications, aviation, medical science and many other fields have been accomplished through the ages by patience and hard work, diligence, perseverance and tenacity. It is in the light of these facts that we urge our youth to struggle constantly and unceasingly to achieve their aims."

-Haile Selassie I

"Self help in the benefits to be acquired through education, will save the individual from asking someone's assistance."
-Haile Selassie I

"The needed educated individual is one who uses the ideas he obtained from his lectures, books, and discussions to the best advantage of his own country and his own people. It is he who disseminates new ideas in harmony with the economic and social aspects of his own community so that fruitful results will be realised."
-Haile Selassie I

"Man’s education never stops, and in a profession as complex and difficult as yours, you must strive ceaselessly to put into practice your theoretical knowledge, and to keep yourselves abreast of new technical developments."
-Haile Selassie I

"We attach to education and, at the same time, to your role as representatives, in the development and progress of Our people"
-Haile Selassie I

"Man must be educated; he cannot come to grips with or cope with or understand the modern world unless he has been taught about it. He must be assured of a minimum economic security; concern himself with matters going beyond the day-to-day satisfaction of his physical needs"
-Haile Selassie I

Messenger: Ras Raza Sent: 3/7/2014 5:40:33 AM

Give thanks for these words Idren Melchezidek, Haile Selasssie Ises.

Messenger: Cedric Sent: 3/29/2022 10:24:03 PM

Where are these quotes from?

Messenger: MELCHEZIDEK Sent: 3/30/2022 5:15:58 AM

From the Speeches of the Emperor Haile Selassie I

Messenger: IPXninja Sent: 3/30/2022 1:30:13 PM

Mel: From the Speeches of the Emperor Haile Selassie I

Thanks for stating the obvious. What we'd like to know is what website did you post these quotes from because it may be a valuable resource for others to share here.

Messenger: MELCHEZIDEK Sent: 3/30/2022 1:36:19 PM

If it is not from this website then it is from the physical books that contain some of H.I.M. speeches.

Messenger: Cedric Sent: 3/30/2022 5:44:30 PM

ah yes gotta love those physical books

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 3/31/2022 5:07:21 AM

http://www.jah-rastafari.com/selassie-words/RasTafarI-word.asp

1 - 8

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I