Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=5533&start_row=1

the bible an babylon

1 - 1011 - 20
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: visiondou Sent: 2/23/2014 11:06:02 PM

I overstand the bible has been changed over the years by babylon this raises some questions. what bible should i use? king james? and what should i ignore when i read it? are there books in it i should not read?
some insight would be wonderful.

Messenger: Black heart Sent: 2/24/2014 3:34:08 AM

Dats why some of us now deal away with de whole thing. De bible is confused. Ones yu reconnect with mama nature then yu know yu don't need no bible to know good from bad. Remember we used to live wthout it in de past yet we were able to do good. How can we say fire pon Rome if we still bow to de Roman book. How can we use a corrupted book after we've been told its currupted. Blessed love

Messenger: Raybob Sent: 2/24/2014 3:49:30 AM

The best way to read the bible is with a program like e-sword that is a free download. When reading, you can click on a word and find it's original Hebrew Greek, or Aramaic word or words translated from, to get better overstanding of what is in English, by reading definition of original texts.

E-sword has many translations available too, most free downloads. You can have tabs across top, read KJV, then click tab for Geneva bible and read same verse in different translations. KJV is usually most accurate, except for definitions of some words in 1600 English don't mean what they do in modern English. For instance, the modern English word for "medicine" comes from Greek "Phamakia". In the KJV, in 1600 English, that word reads "sorcery" in some verses, and "witchcraft" in others, but all refer to Pharmakia, which means modern medicine. In today's English, "witchcraft" brings images of old ladys flying on brooms, thinking that whatever it is, we must not be partaking of it, not knowing what it is. We NEED TO KNOW, "witchcraft" is simply making potions to cure ills, which is what all of the medical industries do.

Messenger: Eleazar Sent: 2/24/2014 7:50:24 AM

Rasta must read the Bible with overstanding. The Bible as written in ancient Geez and Amharic truly is the Word of Jah, however, there have been many different interpretations down through the centuries. Selassie I said that whatever the language, the Word remains One and the same.

Words of Haile Selassie I:

-----------------------------------
Bible

The Lion of Judah has prevailed
Haile Selassie I, Elect of God
King of Kings of Ethiopia

WE IN ETHIOPIA HAVE ONE OF THE OLDEST VERSIONS OF THE BIBLE, but however old the version may be, in whatever language it might be written, the Word remains one and the same. It transcends all boundaries of empires and all conceptions of race. It is eternal.

No doubt you all remember reading in the Acts of the Apostles of how Philip baptised the Ethiopian official. He is the first Ethiopian on record to have followed Christ, and from that day onwards the Word of God has continued to grow in the hearts of Ethiopians. And I might say for myself that from early childhood I was taught to appreciate the Bible and my love for it increases with the passage of time. All through my troubles I have found it a cause of infinite comfort.

"Come unto Me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest" who can resist an invitation so full of compassion?

Because of this personal experience in the goodness of the Bible, I was resolved that all my countrymen should also share its great blessing and that by reading the Bible they should find truth for themselves. Therefore, I caused a new translation to be made from our ancient language into the language which the old and the young understood and spoke.

Today man sees all his hopes and aspirations crumbling before him. He is perplexed and knows not whither he is drifting. But he must realise that the Bible is his refuge, and the rallying point for all humanity. In it man will find the solution of his present difficulties and guidance for his future action, and unless he accepts with clear conscience the Bible and its great Message, he cannot hope for salvation. For my part I glory in the Bible.
-----------------------------------

Bible

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 2/24/2014 9:39:59 AM

The Ahmaric Bible was translated from the Greek Septuagint

Messenger: JAH Child Sent: 2/24/2014 12:26:01 PM

Idren Visiondou, I encourage the I to read the Word with a pure heart but with intellectual skepticism, and seek out the original texts - in Hebrew, Greek, and in Egyptian hieroglyphs on the stone walls of KMT. When studying KMT the I realeyes that MUCH of the Bible came from those incient spiritual teachings, and some things have even been flipped around (the tree in the garden - see Seshat).
Not to invalidate the Bible, but to overstand the metamorphosis it has gone through and to see it as a book, not as a god. JAH transcends human writings, and to find some truths and some lies in the Bible, that should not invalidate JAH's existence or the message that the Bible was originally intended to convey - which is ONE LOVE.

Messenger: visiondou Sent: 2/24/2014 4:11:55 PM

thanks for all the wonderful help it has solved alot of confusion

Messenger: Raybob Sent: 2/24/2014 10:30:42 PM

Eleazar Sent: Today 4:50:24 AM

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
"..
WE IN ETHIOPIA HAVE ONE OF THE OLDEST VERSIONS OF THE BIBLE, but however old the version may be, in whatever language it might be written, the Word remains one and the same. It transcends all boundaries of empires and all conceptions of race. It is eternal.

No doubt you all remember reading in the Acts of the Apostles of how Philip baptised the Ethiopian official. He is the first Ethiopian on record to have followed Christ, and from that day onwards the Word of God has continued to grow in the hearts of Ethiopians. ..."

Actually, it goes way before that time with Philip. It goes back to Pentecost in Acts 2 where the Kingdom of Jah came and as I quote KJ tranlation: "And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance. And there were dwelling at Jerusalem Jews, devout men, out of every nation under heaven.(Act 2:4-5)"

Every nation under heaven obviously includes Ethiopia. The kingom of Jah came. No words needed to understand, just spirit. The OT and 4 gospels, Acts, Jude, Revelation, are equally important to all nations. The heavy emphasis on writings of Paul in a KJV or most other "Christian" translations, and the omissions of the other gospels and OT books like book of Enoch does make it more easily twistable text for Babylonian teachers, IMO, but seek the truth, you WILL find it.

Jah blessings

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 2/24/2014 11:26:07 PM

No specific version will make a significant difference. The Truth can be found in all, as long as you are honest with yourself, and Learn what you can in life so that the I can discern between Righteousness and wickedness. The Bible shows both, often both from the same person, as can be seen in most people in these times.

I and I can learn from books, other people, experience, our thoughts and our Irits, and other ways too. Always Trod to Learn more and Rise Higher, there is always more to Learn.

Messenger: VoodooRuutz Sent: 2/25/2014 1:31:56 PM

I think one should only use da writing what da ones wha walk wit da real Yshua use what was jes da Gospel a da Herbrews(hebrew Matthew without any virgin birth). None a Paul since dey rejected him.

1 - 1011 - 20

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I