Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=5520&start_row=1

The Heathen no like Jah name

1 - 3
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: zion mountain Sent: 2/17/2014 6:16:33 AM

Just the other day I was planning to record some of my tracks and I met this one producer and we agreed with payments and the man say him nuh record lewd words,as most yutes now bring slackness inna di dancehall.I agreed with him and told him I am a roots reggae artist and there is no place for slackness.
We recorded the first song and it was a love song and there was no problem, not until the second which is titled King Selassie I.
The man was frastrated and said we agreed that no lewd songs and said what I was singing wasnt true as Jesus was the only one way.
He said the way I sing was declaring that none other than Selassie I is above Him.
I told him this is a Rasta gospel song livicated to the Rastafari people and I said it wasnt personal rather only business.
The man said him a preacher and if people find out him the one who recorded that kind of song it will bring him bad reputation.
He even said you sing about smoking ganja and I do not like that,the man even stopped the recording and brought the bible and I told him our religious beliefs shouldnt stop our project and not to take it to a personal level.
We then concluded that he would only produce songs which do not call upon Selassie I as the Almighty,and I then told him that out of the five tracks which I wanted to record, I will only record one, the love song as the rest have lyrics which give Ises to Rastafari.

I then realized that Selassie I name is dreadful among the heathen and its a burning fyah unto them.The man say he would only record the songs if I change the lyrics,which I refused resoundingly, and told him this fyah got to reach the people someway,somehow.

I give thanks to Rastafari because it didnt degrade I muzikal Irits,but I became much stronger,brave and bold and I will fight to release that track.

Its like Anthony B saying "Fire pon Rome"or Muta's judge 1000years or Bob Marley declaring the divinity of HIM on an interview

Messenger: Levite I Sent: 2/17/2014 3:51:35 PM

Zion Mountain mi lion, more fyah! Nuh stop di I works yuh hear? Keep chantin and giving ises unto Negus

More Strength to the I

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 2/17/2014 6:00:22 PM

make me hear dem king

1 - 3

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I