Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=550&start_row=1

Strange Dogma

1 - 5
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Dreadnut Sent: 1/9/2005 8:24:57 AM

Do the I dem know about the EOC custom of female circumcising? It has caused a great deal of disease and deaths but in still considered a part of their tenets. Does anyone know why it is that they still carry on this custom. I can't see it personally, but I don;t think that His Majesty would have found this to be an upfull thing. why didn't He burn this out?

Ras Zion I

Messenger: Dreadnut Sent: 1/10/2005 2:38:08 AM

I'm just asking, I read about it on an afrika wwebsite. I found it strange. It didn't really seem to match the character of the EOC/

Messenger: Ras ElIjah Sent: 1/10/2005 10:34:52 AM

I have heard of this being practiced in Afrika but not under thee EOC but by practice'r's of the Afrikan's who beleive in ritual's involving poscesion of body and by spirits. Although I have heard that the EOC practiced some possecion but like I said orginally I havent heard of this type of circumcision in the EOC.

Ras ElIjah

Messenger: Dreadnut Sent: 1/10/2005 3:03:21 PM

My lord Teff, I am mearly asking a question out of inquiry not due to the fact that I have decided to participate in another mans folly. I am aware that in this world that there are those who are more educated than I so I ask questions. Thats all.

Ras Zion I

Messenger: NineMile2004 Sent: 1/10/2005 6:50:11 PM

Dreadnut,

The way you posted it reads as if you held a smiliar position. Which then in turn you clarified and showed as a mere observation. I dont have enough knowledge on the subject matter but just wanted to express how I read your statements.

Bergy

1 - 5

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I