Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=5482&start_row=1

HARE KRISHNA

1 - 5
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 1/31/2014 1:14:13 PM

Anybody here a KC? Or subscribe to KC?

I have my views on this Black God.

Ive heard of the Ancient Africans from Kemet and Nubia ruling much of what is now Asia from thousands of years ago. They took their African Gods with them.. .... this is a logical argument I've heard to explain the blackness of almost ALL of the Gods of KC / Hinduism and such (Lord Narayan....)

On the flip side. I've also heard Krishna is BLACK because it represents the wickedness in the world which Krishna has consumed and absorbed in order for good to flourish.

Knowing the history, and knowing there were Africans in India, giving rise to the Dravidians; I'd subscribe to the former rather than the latter.

Another African God.

Messenger: MELCHEZIDEK Sent: 1/31/2014 1:36:27 PM

The Hindu Gods are the Royal Ethiopian Kings. The crowns that the Hindu Gods wear are Royal Ithiopian crowns of that time. Krishna is the Christ and Shivah the Ganjah God

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 1/31/2014 1:38:54 PM

For clarity, Krishna is 2000 years older than Christ.

Interesting about the crown....

Messenger: jessep86 Sent: 2/2/2014 12:14:14 AM

Yes I'd recommend the book THE BHAGAVAD GITA

I have chanted with a Drum circle of hare Krishna people, very kind and devotional,good beat of meditation chanting

Hare Krishna hare Krishna
Krishna Krishna hare hare
Hare Rama Hare Rama
RAMA Rama Hare Hare

Those are all names(or attributes) of God the 1
Like the trinity is one

Reshape yourself through the power of your will...
Those who have conquered themselves...live in peace, alike in cold and heat, pleasure and pain, praise and blame...To such people a clod of dirt, a stone, and gold are the same...Because they are impartial, they rise to great heights.
~ Krishna

It is better to perform one's own duties imperfectly than to master the duties of another. By fulfilling the obligations he is born with, a person never comes to grief.
~ Krishna Quotes from The Bhagavad Gita

He alone sees truly who sees the Lord the same in every creature...seeing the same Lord everywhere, he does not harm himself or others.
~ Krishna Quotes from The Bhagavad Gita

Strive constantly to serve the welfare of the world; by devotion to selfless work one attains the supreme goal of life. Do your work with the welfare of others always in mind.
~ Krishna Quote

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 2/7/2014 6:46:56 PM

Admirable quotes, thanks brother Jesse for sharing!

1 - 5

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I