Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=5463&start_row=1

Do you believe science

1 - 1011 - 2021
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: MELCHEZIDEK Sent: 1/23/2014 9:34:11 PM

your free to believe what you want to know

Messenger: Eleazar Sent: 1/23/2014 11:11:59 PM

I think the Truth of Reality is somewhere between what science and the Bible says. Haile Selassie I never fought against science, he did much to modernize Ethiopia. At the same time, Haile Selassie I never rejected the Bible or the ancient traditions of the Ethiopian Orthodox Church.

Here is something I posted earlier:

--------------------------------------------
Mankind was created in the image and likeness of God.

However, this doesn't mean that man was the first life form or that previous lifeforms have not evolved and died out over billions of years. The world is approximately 5000 million years old and evolution (the change in gene frequency over time) has certainly occurred in many species throughout this time.

So I think the Truth is somewhere between what the Bible says and what modern scientific theory says.
--------------------------------------------

Evolution true or false?

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 1/24/2014 7:26:55 AM

Why believe Moses?

The Ancients were transnavigating the face of the Earth before Moses or Abraham were born.

The Ancients taught that science and spirituality are one.

Messenger: zion mountain Sent: 1/24/2014 1:26:15 PM

I dont believe in Science.
I know science to be Real and one with nature.
Have you ever asked why the Blackman was the only man to live in Africa?Isnt it because Him is the only with a melanin pigment which is mostly favourable in sunny conditions which is the main condition in Africa

Have you asked why we mustnt eat flesh?Its because our teeth and digestive fluids arent meant to digest flesh?

The green pigment in leaves,chlorophyll utilizes the sun to make food.

Now isnt Science real???

Messenger: MELCHEZIDEK Sent: 1/24/2014 1:34:02 PM

Nah, I and I know Moses words, because he recieved it streight from Haile Selassie I the Most High God. Science is Lies.

Messenger: zion mountain Sent: 1/24/2014 1:39:07 PM

How do you know?

Messenger: MELCHEZIDEK Sent: 1/24/2014 1:46:28 PM

through knowledge

Messenger: zion mountain Sent: 1/24/2014 2:12:22 PM

You cant even support your points.You are just a believer

Messenger: MELCHEZIDEK Sent: 1/24/2014 2:13:48 PM

Just remember you are no different to what I am

what is a believer ?

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 1/24/2014 2:49:50 PM

Using your book....
Isiah 40:22

"It is he that sitteth upon the circle of the earth, and the inhabitants thereof are as grasshoppers; that stretcheth out the heavens as a curtain, and spreadeth them out as a tent to dwell in"

- The world is round and the universe is expanding.

2 Peter 3:8

"one day to Jah is like a thousand years"

- So the 'On the first day God created....' suddenly takes on a new light. I take it your ignoring what was said in Peter and interpreting this as a 24 hour period in accordance with Roman concepts of time?

You also mentioned the earth having four corners. Again this is scientifically correct. East - West - North - South.

1 - 1011 - 2021

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I