Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=5452&start_row=11

Rebel Salute 2014

1 - 1011 - 16
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 1/26/2014 1:01:46 PM

And this is Rebel Salute - from what I have seen Tony Rebel does his best to invite Conscious artists to perform. It's a conscious message at Rebel Salute.

Now if you were to talk of Sting.... or some of the other festival I can innerstand a little more.

Haile I

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 1/26/2014 1:05:00 PM

BIG YOUTH!

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 1/26/2014 1:08:32 PM

Messenger: Drummer Child Sent: 1/26/2014 4:40:08 PM

I'm fully agree with what you say. Rebel Salute is really great and I didn't know a lot about this event before this reasoning so I mus give thanks unto Jah for let me see your topic. I see them serves a strict vegetarian menu, the spirit look good and I have full respect for Tony Rebel. And that kind of event is much more great than all those party party festival.

I just reasoning why they still put some VIP and some general admission? That is the separation I mean. We can see in front some chairs and in the back, separated with a barrier, much more people. With all my respect to Tony Rebel, this still look for me like first and second class. Even if I can understand why they have done that... I still reasoning

You are right when you say the artists have to feed their family and do them projects. (I know that well cause I'm starting some project also with my reggae band so i'm fully concerned.) They do them performance, pass a righteous message, and they can not care that everybody listen to them message. Even if only one person listen their message, it's a blessing and the message will go through.

Blessings

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 1/28/2014 10:08:57 AM

Share some of your music with the I when the I ready.

The authentic reggae band and reggae bandsman (as opposed to digital and carbon all the time) is something special.

Giving thAnkhs

Messenger: Sister Sent: 1/31/2014 7:17:06 AM

Thanks for the videos. Nice to see the sun is still warming the planet on the other side.

Herbet Marcuse' philosophy is right, people are so materialistic thanks to capitalism most identify with their physical, their property and are so absorbed in this that they dont have an opinion on the things that really affect them. Like the 'working class' - once a power to be reckoned with, up to maybe the 1970s, now what, with access to ever evolving technology and cheap food enough to pacify and disperse any threat! The kids that rioted a couple of years ago in UK were acting on an instinct that has been pacified in most adults.

1 - 1011 - 16

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I