Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=5421&start_row=1

Herbs fi BUN

1 - 10
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 12/29/2013 7:38:22 PM

Iman say its not ONGU ganja fi burn...... I am NOT talking about any drugs / chemicals, crack-heads go that way---->

But in this trod of alternative medicine and African spirituality I man witness in Ethiopia (for example) many different herbs are passed round for different reasons, medically. Some are to be eaten - some to be made with Tea - some to be applied topically - smoke for smoke inhalation.....

How the I see this?

The herb 'Mullein' for example can be smoked and is popular among the Conscious community to CURE smokers cough / chests infections / common cold / even TB.... It has NO cerebral or 'high' effects its effects are strictly for the body. Bush-doctors / spiritual healers actually PREFER the smoking of this particular herb as rthis is how it gains it maximum effect (like Ganja) - but unfortunately in many countries it is only available in pill / tablet form... (FIRE)....

- Garveys Africa say bring it come. A this we haffi study..... dont stagnate on the 1 herb.

Thoughts?
Other herbs ones have tried?
Recommendations?
is a new ideology for the I dem?
or any of the I dem put FIRE under this reasoning?

Messenger: Jah Dub Sent: 12/30/2013 12:29:39 AM

I have used mullein flowers, chamomile, damiana and lemon balm mixed together in a vaporizer before and it gave mild effects and was also relaxing & tastey to vape on. I got them all at a mexican grocery store in the spice section. Cool store!

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 12/30/2013 12:27:05 PM

Yes I. I man deal with damiana sometimes. Chamomile I don't really deal with as a sedative I would much prefer ganja herb....

In other news,

Soursop fruit is now being found to have anti cancer (anti oxidant) properties, so I man sight the western world going crazy for this too as of late..... Another equatorial treat.

Messenger: Iyah Oats Sent: 12/30/2013 1:17:26 PM

Cloves, if smoked, have an expectorant effect, helps clear out the lungs.

Salvia, if smoke, has an hallucinogenic effect.

Tobacco, was smoked by the Mayans to help with asthma.

Messenger: Iyah Oats Sent: 12/30/2013 1:24:01 PM

I wouldn't recommend smoking any of those though. Maybe the cloves if you're needing to cough somethings up. I do know someone who had severe asthma as a youth. They had to breathe through a respirator at times. They started smoking tobacco and at times herb and his asthma disappeared. For a long time he has been cured. I am not saying smoke tobacco for asthma; just think it is interesting.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 12/30/2013 2:39:58 PM

Hallucagenic?

Tobacco?

I man not talking ANY of dem ting deh..... A no that I a talk

Nothing hallucagenic or carcinogenic or made in test tube

--------

An asthma as a youth is literally termed 'childhood asthma' and commonly people will grow out of this naturally anyway (no matter how severe it may have been). I really wouldn't put this down to the tobacco. The only certain thing is if he keeps up with the tobacco he will get COAD instead of asthma, similar disease - will kill you quicker.

Interesting about the Mayans, but they are also well into their hallucagenics and such..... I won't knock the Mayans on their philosophy but dem ting not for i

Messenger: Ras Hemp Sent: 12/31/2013 1:13:37 PM

I and I are not involved with smoking anything else then the kali herb. Smoking anything else will cause alot of problems. Iman recommend I and I to smoke the pure ganja herb only.
Anbesa ya Judah

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 12/31/2013 1:30:28 PM

If one smokes a herb to cure ones ailment how can it cause problems? I agree some can cause problem but that's a very limited view...... Collie herb is not the only herb. In Ethiopia, many herbs are passed around.
I am talking about medicinal herbs. For ones who where possible and if safe would prefer natural remedies rather than to see the 'doctor'

Ganja doesn't cure everything.

Messenger: Ras Hemp Sent: 12/31/2013 9:47:13 PM

It can cause diseases. I know the kali herb isn't the only herb. But it's one of the few herbs that is suitable to smoke. Many herbs cause problems when they are smoked. It's true that many herbs can cure things when they aren't smoked but they still can cause diseases and other damage when they are smoked. Perhaps there are herbs that aren't so harmful to the temple. But this herb is the most suitable herb to smoke. I never said that ganja cures everything. But this herb cures alot in many ways.
yagorgorasawunu addis amet 2014

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 12/31/2013 10:09:35 PM

African culture. Herbsman bushdoctor iriginal. And for the skeptics, the evidence based medical research has documented the effects and side effects of many bush people treasures which the scientist get dem examining hands on. What your telling me is if you smoke certain ting it can be bad for you. I'm saying we have gone further into this ting and find that not when properly over stood, a lot of what the bush chemist rastaman has been saying all these years is true. Spiritually and medically. Whereas if you have a chest infection you would go to the doctor for a pharmaceutical when Jah himself can heal.

1 - 10

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I