Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=5378&start_row=31

Inter racial breeding

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 100
101 - 110111 - 120121 - 130131 - 140141 - 150151 - 154
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 11/29/2013 9:14:03 PM

^^YES. I do believe so. Big up sistren but its ROOTs and CULTURE we a deal with. You heard that phrase before?

If the Ethiopian was to adopt blonde hair then this is not HER culture.

Messenger: Sister Sent: 11/30/2013 4:15:02 PM

Thanks Kingman, I was describing an unconscious erosion of cultural originality and loss of connection with roots that results in lack of integrity. And some would claim this as a right. I was asking whether it’s the genetic identity or the cultural identity that matters more, are you saying it’s both?

For the record Im checking the word roots:

…The condition of belonging to a particular place or group by virtue of social or ethnic or cultural lineage.

…going back to the origins of a style especially being genuine and unpretentious

….a progenator or ancestor from which a person or family is descended

….the state of having or establishing an indigenous relationship with or a personal affinity for a particular culture, society of environment

….a primary source, an origin

….the usually underground portion of a plant….serves as support, draws minerals and water from the surrounding soil and sometimes stores food

Although it’s traditional among many cultures to marry into the same group, consanguinity is also known to cause mutation, whereas 'breeding' into a wider genetic group can strenghten not weaken the genes. The nature/nurture debate in social science asks are cultures roots biological or social. One side claiming genetics create cultural forms, genetic mutations give rise to behaviour and cultural differences, one side would claim humans are a blank slate upon which everything is learned. I think science likes to simplify things too much. On the whole I would say the state of your consciousness and livity is just as important as your blood line.

Peace

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 11/30/2013 6:42:49 PM

Double

- but I agree I believe both are important

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 11/30/2013 6:48:33 PM

There are so many different genetic variations within Africa, the issue of genetic mutations from a limited gene pool is a none issue. That would occur if one tribe only deals with one tribe, but if we define Africa as one group with many subgroups then there is no issue. I use Garveys definition of an African - one drop of African blood in a person who identifies themself as an African. This could mean a Yoruba marrying and mixing with a member of the Asante. This would ensure genetic variance and even some variance in culture, but under the broad umbrella of African. Africa for the Africans.

An example of the same ideology would be a French person mixing with an Italian. Two different nations and nationality etc but under one European label.

As black people post slavery in the condition we are in with very little knowledge of self in a society which is totally against any form of indigenous culture or tradition, I see all race mixing is a form of genocide in this time for us. A black conscious man with aspirations of African redemption marrying a blonde bar crawling Babylonian or even a conscious European woman - when it comes onto issues of revolution/ repartriation etc then one side is going to have to compromise. Bun compromise in this time. How could we promote black and proud and African culture and ancient tradition and turn around and amalgamate our future ie children? I don't know... More and more brothers and sisters are mixing and totally refusing or rejecting the idea of dealing with somebody within their own race. Even though my ideology is clear, the reality in this dispensation is very much the opposite and it's worrying

But that is not to say as conscious ones we must mix with ANY African. There are obviously many lost Ethiopians and unconscious brothers and sisters with no intention to even define themselves as African

Secondly as black people I hate when they blind us with science or try and take our general forgivefullness and kindness for a weakness. Every other ethnic group on the face of the planet promotes self mixing. Indians frown upon Indians marrying Europeans, generally speaking. This is the same across the board. Yet whe a black man such as Garveys Africa promotes 'Africans for Africans' in every aspect including marriage, especially for breeding, why the big uproar?

As Africans we are in desperate need of family strength, unity, and consciousness of African heritage to build ourselves forward to where we need to be as one people. Inter racial marriage by nature is not helping this cause.

Messenger: Sister Sent: 12/1/2013 3:23:15 PM

“We have great hopes of Abyssinia in the East – the country that has KEPT HER TRADITION even back to the days of Soloman. Some of our peculiar sociologists when they discuss the intelligence of the Abyssinians try to make out that they are not Negroes, but everybody of ordinary ethnological intelligence knows that Abyssinians are black people, that is to say, black in the sense of the interpretation of the Negro. They are part of the great African race that is to rise from its handicaps, environments and difficulties to repossess the Imperial Authority that is promised by God himself in the inspiration: Princes coming out of Egypt and Ethiopia stretching forth her hands.”
(M Garvey)

“If you want to get right down to the real outcome of this so-called ‘integration’, what you’ve got to arrive at is inter-marriage.”
“Im right with the Southern white man who believes that you cant have so-called ‘integration’, at least not for long, without intermarriage increasing. And what good is this for anyone? Lets again face reality. In a world as colour-hostile as this, man or woman, black or white, what do they want with a mate of the other race? Certainly white people have served enough notice of their hostility to any blacks in their families and neighbourhoods. And the way most Negroes feel today, a mixed couple probably finds that black families, black communities are even more hostile that white ones. So what’s bound to face ‘integrated’ marriages, except being unwelcomed, unwanted ‘misfits’ in whichever world they try to live in? What we arrive at is that ‘integration’, socially, is no good for either side. ‘Integration’, ultimately, would destroy the white race…and destroy the black race.”
….. “Integration’ is called ‘assimilation’ if white ethnic groups alone are involved: its fought against tooth and nail by those who want their heritage preserved. Look at how the Irish threw the English out of Ireland. The Irish knew the English would engulf them. ……. “In fact look at history’s most tragic result of a mixed, therefore diluted and weakened, ethnic identity has been experienced by a white ethnic group – the Jew in Germany. …..From World War 1 to Hitler’s rise, the Jews in Germany had been intermarrying. Many changes their names and took other religions. Their own Jewish religion, their own rich Jewish ethnic and cultural roots, they anaesthetised , and cut off…until they began thinking of themselves as ‘Germans’. ……. The Jew will never forget that lesson. Jewish intelligence eyes watch every neo-Nazi organisation. Right after the war, the Jews’ Hagahan mediating body stepped up the long time negotiations with the British. But this time, the Stern gang was shooting the British. And this time the British acquiesced and helped them wrest Palastine away from the Arabs, the rightful owners, and then the Jews set up Israel, their own country – the one thing that every race of man in the world respects, and understand.”
(Malcolm X)

Personal to my own observation, ‘intermarrying’ does more to harmonise and neutralise hostility between communities than destroy each one’s identity, maybe not in the case of Asian style honour killings, but there is an exception to most generalisations. It is worth a reasoning though.

Peace.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 12/1/2013 4:13:40 PM

That Malcolm quote was beautiful

Messenger: zion mountain Sent: 12/2/2013 3:38:23 AM

I think Ones have to refer back to the words of the Greatest prophet ever to be born by a woman, Marcus Mosiah Garvey on this topic

Messenger: zion mountain Sent: 12/2/2013 3:38:26 AM

I think Ones have to refer back to the words of the Greatest prophet ever to be born by a woman, Marcus Mosiah Garvey on this topic

Messenger: MELCHEZIDEK Sent: 12/6/2013 7:11:02 AM

We are all Children of the Most I Mother and Father God and Goddess.
We are all born from out of the black land africa. White people comes from black people Africa. There is no different races or ethnics or whatever word you have next. I and I are One with Jah. That is, we belong to one and the same Race, - The Perfect RACE of RASTA. This is a race of RASTA.. Some don't know it, but when they do, they realize that they are Rasta, and start growing the Dreadlocks. We all belong to the perfect human race RASTA and we are all Children of RASTA. No matter what skin color or eye color, you are still the Child of the Most High.

RASTA is the CREATOR
RASTA is GOD and there is none other.

Jah made all of us. We are all his children.
There is no apart-'ed (being apart). The Babylons came here to africa and made that word apartheid up.

I and I burn apartness, and I and I give life to ONE LOVE Movements.

Whats it with this DNA things? that don't proove anything. We all have the same Genes because we are all related and come from the same Mother and Father. Even those DNA praises say we all come from Ethiopia.

So if we all come from the same place, - the black land (africa), then we are all made up of the same things, we are made from Jah. We are Jah's Children. Jah is Black. So we all have drops of Black blood flowing through us right now as we exist.

Blessed Love
One Love

Messenger: MELCHEZIDEK Sent: 12/6/2013 7:59:53 AM

And And what is Race? Are we in a race? I and I is in the creation of Jah Ras TafarI. Annd I and I is one with Jah. You are one with Jah. Blessed my Lord. About race, I and I is runnug no race. Seen? We are the perfect creations of Jah Ras TafarI. We, me and you, we are together you see we are one with Jah. We are Jahs perfect creations and you and me are one with God. We are in no race. Thinking one is in a race in an illusion, that means, the race thing don't exist.

Blessed Love
Haile Selassie I
Jah Ras TafarI

One Love

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 100
101 - 110111 - 120121 - 130131 - 140141 - 150151 - 154

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I